PDA

View Full Version : What exactly IS the Piece of Eden?

john63
08-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Sorry if this thread repeats anything, but I couldn't find a similar one.

So we have this mysterious object, of unknown origins, that has the ability to hypnotize humanity into a state of blind allegiance.

But what do you think it IS, really?

Is it a magical object, or just an advanced machine?

Was it made by someone, or has it just always been around?

If it was made, who made it? And why was it made?

How did the Templars and Assassins hear about it?

My theory is that the pieces of eden, along with the other artifacts mentioned in the emails in tha game, are extremely advanced technology, made by some civilization thousands of years ago. Remember when Vidic said that Abstergo "found" every major technological achievement in the last century, and that they were all "Gifts from those who came before?"

Who were these advanced people? Atlantians? Yona-Guni-ans? Aliens? Something else?

Since they were clearly advanced and powerful, how do you think they lost their power?

BleedingEffect3
08-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Why would we know? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif
Ubisoft keeps secrets pretty well. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
But anyways, we can infer and suspect, so why not. Apparently Abstergo gave up on finding the Holy Grail. So maybe the Assassins will try to locate that. But other peices of eden, i dont know! There are alot of hints in emails, and marks left by Subject Sixteen. Sub. 16 mentions lots of stuff. Like Yona Guni, which is possibly a location of an artifact. Haha, ive gotta take a look at the markings again, i can only remember like one. http://www.computerandvideogam...rticle.php?id=175552 (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175552)
lol ill be examining this for a while. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif oohh i feel like a nerd.

obliviondoll
08-19-2009, 07:50 PM
It were da ailenums! (<>..<&gt)

P.S. Don't believe the truth...

Seriously though, advanced, but isolated ancient civilisation gets wiped out by a natural disaster. Like their island turning out to be a volcano and exploding under them (this matches with a theory of Atlantis being a volcanic island which was destroyed by its own eruption - there are several candidates which fit this description).

It has to be a catastrophic natural disaster, something which couldn't have been stopped, and which happened with little to no warning, so the artefacts would end up scattered or buried, rather than carried off by the escapees. Also reduces the possibility of a significant number of survivors.

BleedingEffect3
08-19-2009, 07:56 PM
haha its so hard to believe anything i hear or see now about AC cause of the main quote " nothing is true, everything is permitted" hhahahahaa http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

godsmack_darius
08-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Read this

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Piece_of_Eden

and this

http://assassinscreed.wikia.co...Who_Have_Gone_Before (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Those_Who_Have_Gone_Before)

L.Cie
08-20-2009, 12:49 AM
I'm pretty much convinced that the Piece of Eden and other artifacts are remnants of Atlantis and its technology. The wiki pages up there seem to support that idea, too.
Technology of that style and level of refinement is quite obviously Atlantean imo, in the Assassin's Creed lore (and in life, in some aspects) it fits perfectly.
The capital Atlantis was known to utilise crystal energy to create advanced technology and move massive leaps ahead of other nations of the time, even achieving aircraft beyond what we have today.
They were thought to have advanced knowledge of the Earth, meaning they probably knew of every continent, and many senses that others lacked (Eagle vision, anyone?).
The Piece of Eden has all the signatures of the theorised Atlantean culture, and I'm looking very, very forward to seeing what the other Artifacts look like and are capable of.

(Lol, you can SO tell I'm an Atlantis buff. I research it tirelessly. Not the false stuff, the real information and whatever can be gleaned from what's left of ancient civilizations. XD)

I wonder if the third game will be set in Atlantis. That'd be wonderful but strange, imo. I would LOVE, and I mean LOVE IT if Ubisoft made an AC game set in Atlantis, but it'd be a bit odd.

godsmack_darius
08-20-2009, 12:56 AM
Egyptions had electricity, so did Mayens

L.Cie
08-20-2009, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
Egyptions had electricity, so did Mayens

^ The Egyptians likely did in small amounts, but not the 'Ancient Egyptians' as is known. Earlier Egyptians. It was probably adopted from technology brought from Atlantean refugees after they survived the cataclysm that saw their capital drowned.

The Mayans, on the other hand, along with other civilizations such as the Aztecs, the Minoans (Whom built the maze containing the minotaur and are called by sceptics 'true Atlanteans')and other small nations around Thera were a little more advanced, I think. It was either them or the now-undiscoverable civilizations before them.
Some are also known to have glyphs of 'beasts' that can only be described as dinosaurs.

... 'Official' history is so, so wrong in my opinion...

Xanatos2007
08-20-2009, 01:21 AM
Couldn't agree more.

The Mayans actually seem likely to be the creators of the POEs, given their reputation for being quite clever and the numerous references to the 2012 Doomsday predictions left by Subject 16.

godsmack_darius
08-20-2009, 01:26 AM
Lol their really is no evidence of tourches of fire in the pyrimids dont you nthink

And what I found iteresting was That the first pyrimid in eygypt where their 1000s of years b4 the egyptions arrived their, they just tried to copy them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

L.Cie
08-20-2009, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Couldn't agree more.

The Mayans actually seem likely to be the creators of the POEs, given their reputation for being quite clever and the numerous references to the 2012 Doomsday predictions left by Subject 16.

Exactly. The Mayans were amazing. They had observatories.

There are also many African tribes and small remnants of such civilizations who have proof that they have advanced knowledge of the solar system. In the ancient world it was pretty widely known that Sirius has three moons -- the third of which hasn't even been discovered today.
I think the 2012 prediction isn't the end of the world, but it is the date of a great enviromental catastrophe. Yellowstone's volcano is due to erupt anytime now, and then there's the fact that earthquakes have been getting far more common of late. There have been four this WEEK so far that I can count.
The old tales of creation and destruction almost perfectly tell what happened to Atlantis, the earth sinking into the sea amongst great plumes of black smoke and fire that originated from the ocean. It's in almost every religion, every civilization's lore.
This is one of the reasons I'm so into Assassin's Creed, I'm a massive ancient ancient history fan, I just love the stuff. It's amazing and so much better than what we have now (Even though it's pretty great despite how messed up it is lol).

Lol their really is no evidence of tourches of fire in the pyrimids dont you nthink

And what I found iteresting was That the first pyrimid in eygypt where their 1000s of years b4 the egyptions arrived their, they just tried to copy them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, many of the pyramids are speculated/thought to be far older than the known Egyptian civilization, and it makes perfect sense. The great sand sea hasn't even been properly explored yet, and it's anyone's guess what's hiding beneath the sand there and in the Valley of the Kings.
It seems the Atlanteans would have wanted to share their knowledge wherever they could -- think of it this way; your homeland has just been destroyed in a cataclysm and you've turned up on the shores of a slightly not-as-advanced nation. You want to preserve your culture and share and teach as much as possible.
Humans sure as hell didn't come up with so many coincidences across the globe. The different civilizations likely had some form of contact that is unknown to today's people.

I need to be an archeologist. XD

If Assassin's Creed ties into all of this (and it very likely does) it's going to become my favourite game series for a long time.
PLEASE UBISOFT, SET AT LEAST ONE PART OF AN ASSASSIN'S CREED GAME IN ATLANTIS. <3
:P

Azugo
08-20-2009, 01:44 AM
Hmm... This is an interesting thread.
I don't really know much about this stuff but I'm gonna ask a few q's.

(1) Were the Atlantean's good, bad or neutral?
(2) If they were so advanced, did they have force shields and space ships? Lol..
(3) Why is bacon good? Joking.
(4) If the Egyptions just copied the original Pyramid, if this is true, doesn't this just totally screw up every other theory regarding the Ancient Egyptians?

godsmack_darius
08-20-2009, 01:55 AM
It does screw up most of the theories about egypt, because the 1st 3 pyrimids that were ther before the egyptions are HUGE and are very well made and look beautiful, then the egyptions tried to copy them and had them around half the size of hte orginals, and today their falling apart yet the originals are standing, nicely built and look amazing

But we still have to wonder how the egyptions made them

L.Cie
08-20-2009, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Azugo:
Hmm... This is an interesting thread.
I don't really know much about this stuff but I'm gonna ask a few q's.

(1) Were the Atlantean's good, bad or neutral?
(2) If they were so advanced, did they have force shields and space ships? Lol..
(3) Why is bacon good? Joking.
(4) If the Egyptions just copied the original Pyramid, if this is true, doesn't this just totally screw up every other theory regarding the Ancient Egyptians?

Well, I'll have a shot at answering these...

(1) The Atlanteans were an individual nation/civilization, so they were a little bit of both, if they are included in AC games it might work out quite interesting.
(2) It sounds really weird, but they probably did. XD Many ancient texts, artworks etc show 'Sun disks' (Hell some Egyptians worshipped one) and other aircraft. This includes HELICOPTERS. There have been glyphs, engravings that prove it.
(3) Because it is. XP
(4) Not technically, the Pyramids are usually thought to be tombs, and everyone steals tomb designs, even in ancient times. They could have come into contact with Atlanteans and modelled their tombs after their rather grand energy plants (they've been speculated to be pyramidal despite the shape of the city) and buildings.

It does screw up most of the theories about egypt, because the 1st 3 pyrimids that were ther before the egyptions are HUGE and are very well made and look beautiful, then the egyptions tried to copy them and had them around half the size of hte orginals, and today their falling apart yet the originals are standing, nicely built and look amazing

But we still have to wonder how the egyptions made them

The various Pyramids around the world are beautiful things, but when they were first built the Egyptian ones shone like stars during the day. They used to be coated in white marble but it's since fallen off or been removed. They were great landmarks for travellers.
A lot of 'ancient wonders' have disappeared over the years, like the Pharos at Alexandria, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, Atlantis itself, and all the other Romes (Rome was rebuilt countless times on top of itself).
The general accepted theory is that the Egyptians built rather epically massive ramps of dirt along the side and used thousands of people to drag the stone blocks. If it's true, then I applaud their determination, but it just doesn't seem probable to me. The dirt would look quite bad against such a building and removing it after the years it took to build it would be nigh on impossible, lol.

godsmack_darius
08-20-2009, 02:17 AM
I reasearched t alot as well, Theirs more evidence that aliens built them since the mayens, aztecs, and egyptions drew them on the walls, and concidered them gods since they "came from the sky"

L.Cie
08-20-2009, 02:38 AM
I reasearched t alot as well, Theirs more evidence that aliens built them since the mayens, aztecs, and egyptions drew them on the walls, and concidered them gods since they "came from the sky"

Indeed, every ancient civilization and tribe encountered what are commonly known as 'People from the sky' 'Gods' etc (in English anyway) and recorded these with quite a lot of affection. These 'visitors' were friendly, and peace-bringing. They likely wanted to trade and become allies with the great civilization that no longer exists. This stems to a likely reason they still visit, albeit in a discreet manner. Maybe they're seeing how their old trading partners are doing after the cataclysm, checking if we're ready to trade with them again? The trading relationship between the two species could very well have been the result of Atlantis' technology.
(I've been talking about this with other family members quite recently, so yeah)

It's boggling to think this is all coming from the top of my head.

Ureh
08-20-2009, 02:42 AM
I hope we get to play AC3 before 2012. Because if all this hocus pocus is real... well, you know the rest.

godsmack_darius
08-20-2009, 02:45 AM
2012 isnt the end of the world it is a day of change its a phycological day not judgement day
It is when mankind will reach its crappiest point in society (government/illuminati NWO 90% of population being wiped out thing) or we as humans stand up as one voice and ell the government we no what we are up too, and that we dont dont want it, we want simple lives

This has a earie bit of truth in it, it makes your hair stand up and shivers down your spine, very scary

L.Cie
08-20-2009, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Ureh:
I hope we get to play AC3 before 2012. Because if all this hocus pocus is real... well, you know the rest.

Yeah, there are a lot of games that might not make it if 2012 does happen. So far it could be disastrous volcanic eruptions and weather, solar flares that could obliterate earth and all sorts of stuff. It won't be that severe though. XD
Of course, it could be nuclear war. Tensions are building.

2012 isnt the end of the world it is a day of change its a phycological day not judgement day
It is when mankind will reach its crappiest point in society (government/illuminati NWO 90% of population being wiped out thing) or we as humans stand up as one voice and ell the government we no what we are up too, and that we dont dont want it, we want simple lives

This has a earie bit of truth in it, it makes your hair stand up and shivers down your spine, very scary

I'm not actually that scared. It won't be as violent and destructive as many assume, considering it's more than likely going to be a natural disaster. xD
It's likely a massive volcanic eruption, the closest thing to the endworld event the Mayans described in recent history is a volcanic eruption in Africa many thousand years ago. Not only did it severely hurt many species' numbers but it wiped out Neanderthals and reduced Homo Sapiens down from thousands to something like eleven.
Guess we'll have to wait and see. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Anyway, back on topic.
I think the Piece of Eden is an Atlantean map designed, quite obviously, to mark the locations of other artifacts. They're not ALL going to be balls, so I'm interested in seeing the others. There could be anything from tiny hand-held devices to ships. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
I hope there's more blood markings in this game, the ones in the first game were fun to decipher. XD

ScarletVice
08-20-2009, 03:11 AM
You get one in each package of Count Chocula, so go buy it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Charlie_Romeo
08-20-2009, 05:04 AM
hey i am very dense on these subjects and wondered if any1 would answer my questions?

1. Does Atlantis really exist or is it just a theroy? i.e has any1 ever seen it?
2. I dont believe in this end of the world or whatever, what proof is there other than "well they were clever"?
3. Was electricity really invented proff or is it just her say and has no proof?
4.Does anyone actually believe that "aliens" were here and were nice?

L.Cie
08-20-2009, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by ScarletVice:
You get one in each package of Count Chocula, so go buy it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

^ LOL.
Now an artefact in every box! Collect the full set and win a prize!

Originally posted by Charlie_Romeo:
hey i am very dense on these subjects and wondered if any1 would answer my questions?

1. Does Atlantis really exist or is it just a theroy? i.e has any1 ever seen it?
2. I dont believe in this end of the world or whatever, what proof is there other than "well they were clever"?
3. Was electricity really invented proff or is it just her say and has no proof?
4.Does anyone actually believe that "aliens" were here and were nice?

I can have a shot at answering these. XD

1 - Well, it did exist, but it was destroyed. However, it really depends on one's view of history if they want to decide if it's just a myth. Personally, I've spent a few years researching it now and I've concluded that it very likely did exist at one stage. A cataclysmic event destroyed it and this is detailed in many ancient records.
2 - Well, it's better to be a sceptic until the day. No one has any idea if anything's going to happen but the Mayans have been found to be right before.
3 - *Shrug*
4 - Again, it depends. It's not too popular but it's seeming probably. A lot of people like to hate this sort of thing, shunning it as fiction. But there's a lot of evidence now. I recommend this video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNZ2xve0zzI) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Anyway, back on topic...
I theorise the civilization -- likely Atlantis -- that the artefacts came from was destroyed by its own power and creations. We've seen what this one artefact can do, it'd be interesting to see what else the energy's capable of. It's also interesting that Templars and Assassins are fighting over just the one artefact. I wonder if Altair went looking for the others or threw the globe out..

NoxieDC
08-20-2009, 06:02 AM
I stopped after 1:50 minutes in that thing. You owe me half a thousand neurons now.

And excuse my simple minded thoughts but, if the people of Atlantis were so smart as to even make Protos ships, why couldn't they expand?! You know, go to Cuba or Canada maybe. How big was Atlantis supposedly?

Also, nothing will happen in 2012. It's just another Y2K. Take a chill pill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDC5JalP4nU) because with all the interest you're all showing, someone might really want to not disappoint.
"It's as important as you want it to be." - Noxie

Charlie_Romeo
08-20-2009, 06:08 AM
thankyou L.Cie. Who would of thought i might learn something on ny bday lol.
i'll watch that vid nw http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EmperorxZurg
08-20-2009, 02:09 PM
I agree with Noxie, every five years it's supposedly the end of the world and now people want to believe that Mayans were all knowing and knew when the world would end, everyone's just fricken overeacting

Charlie_Romeo
08-20-2009, 04:43 PM
well i dont believe any of this its just alot of "ifs", "buts" and "maybes" nothing of any proof has been desovered and untill such time i shall not believe in these things.

godsmack_darius
08-20-2009, 06:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQeqtUlrNGE Heres the link I forgot to post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQeqtUlrNGE

But really the whole end of the world thing on 2012 I really think its just when Mankinds society will be screwed up over and enslaved by the government, or Mankind stand and destroy the government (not literally but buisness wise) and mankind will lead a peaceful life and one that makes sence and fair.

Anyways, The peice of eden was Created by "Those who have come before" and acording to Al Mualim it is Temptation in a physical form http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

john63
08-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by L.Cie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Couldn't agree more.

Exactly. The Mayans were amazing. They had observatories.

There are also many African tribes and small remnants of such civilizations who have proof that they have advanced knowledge of the solar system. In the ancient world it was pretty widely known that Sirius has three moons -- the third of which hasn't even been discovered today.
I think the 2012 prediction isn't the end of the world, but it is the date of a great enviromental catastrophe. Yellowstone's volcano is due to erupt anytime now, and then there's the fact that earthquakes have been getting far more common of late. There have been four this WEEK so far that I can count.
The old tales of creation and destruction almost perfectly tell what happened to Atlantis, the earth sinking into the sea amongst great plumes of black smoke and fire that originated from the ocean. It's in almost every religion, every civilization's lore.
This is one of the reasons I'm so into Assassin's Creed, I'm a massive ancient ancient history fan, I just love the stuff. It's amazing and so much better than what we have now (Even though it's pretty great despite how messed up it is lol).

Yeah, many of the pyramids are speculated/thought to be far older than the known Egyptian civilization, and it makes perfect sense. The great sand sea hasn't even been properly explored yet, and it's anyone's guess what's hiding beneath the sand there and in the Valley of the Kings.
It seems the Atlanteans would have wanted to share their knowledge wherever they could -- think of it this way; your homeland has just been destroyed in a cataclysm and you've turned up on the shores of a slightly not-as-advanced nation. You want to preserve your culture and share and teach as much as possible.
Humans sure as hell didn't come up with so many coincidences across the globe. The different civilizations likely had some form of contact that is unknown to today's people.

I need to be an archeologist. XD

If Assassin's Creed ties into all of this (and it very likely does) it's going to become my favourite game series for a long time.
PLEASE UBISOFT, SET AT LEAST ONE PART OF AN ASSASSIN'S CREED GAME IN ATLANTIS. <3
:P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as coincidences, like pyramids, go, I saw something on the discovery channel that made a lot of sense. They said that pyramids are present in multiple cultures because that's the easiest way to build tall things out of stone. I'm not saying that Atlantians didn't help, I'm just saying that it sems more likely that different cultures just came to the same conclusions through trial and error:
big base + tiny top = sturdy structure.

EmperorxZurg
08-20-2009, 08:42 PM
sry but whoever said the thing about the earthquakes, where? I live on a fault and we have ALWAYS had them, we get like one a day and at Godsmack I'm sry but it's all just a crazy fad people are getting to hyped up about to me, has anyone ever thought that when they're saying anyone can write anything that the people writing and saying "there's a horrible conspiracy going on" might be the ones wrong? and the people everyones blaming are telling the truth? I say when that day comes I'm going to laugh at everyone while they're cowering away and then nothing happens and everyone feels like such fools, it's the Y2K all over again

Azugo
08-21-2009, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the answers guys!
With the 2012 'Doomsday' thing, it won't be a natural disaster... It's (like what Godsmack_Darius said) the Illuminati starting their 'New World Order'. Search the Illuminati and New World Order for specific details.

With the Atlanteans, I think that maybe they had a long skull. (Like how Alien's do.) And then, that Natural Disaster that basically wiped them out... Well, I'm thinking that some of them fled to Egypt. 'Cause, the Ancient Egyptians, if you have a look at one of their body's, they have very long skull's. Some of the Ancient Egyptian's 'Gods' had very long skulls... Maybe they were the Atlanteans. Maybe their were claimed as God's by the Ancient Egyptians because they were Atlanteans and they had far superior technology.

Geez... I've been watching way to much Stargate...

Anyway, you guys get what I'm saying?

godsmack_darius
08-21-2009, 12:07 AM
I really dont tihnk any disastors are happening on 2012 just a phycological day, but SOMETHING is definatly going to happen that day

Azugo
08-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Yeah, no major disasters will happen in 2012... Not any that will affect the WHOLE world.

21.12.12 - The date that I read the Illuminati will launch the New World Order.
Or they'll atleast try to. All the good people in the world won't stand for it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Xanatos2007
08-21-2009, 12:19 AM
I believe so too.

For this 'natural disaster' thing, you think it might have something to do with animals? I've been seeing a lot of peculiarly large animals recently; I've seen a cat the size of a rotweiler(spelling?), a crow the size of a falcon and a goat the size of a pony. Not at a circus or anything, just here and there. Why somebody has a pet goat in the suburbs, I don't know.

L.Cie
08-21-2009, 12:19 AM
^ Yeah, a LOT of large/out of place/oddly formed animals have been reported in recent years, including feral housecats the size of panthers. It's odd, but chances are humans are just surprised by them. Humans don't know everything about animals, after all.

There's a few houses here with pet sheep running around their yards. XD

Thanks for the answers guys!
With the 2012 'Doomsday' thing, it won't be a natural disaster... It's (like what Godsmack_Darius said) the Illuminati starting their 'New World Order'. Search the Illuminati and New World Order for specific details.

With the Atlanteans, I think that maybe they had a long skull. (Like how Alien's do.) And then, that Natural Disaster that basically wiped them out... Well, I'm thinking that some of them fled to Egypt. 'Cause, the Ancient Egyptians, if you have a look at one of their body's, they have very long skull's. Some of the Ancient Egyptian's 'Gods' had very long skulls... Maybe they were the Atlanteans. Maybe their were claimed as God's by the Ancient Egyptians because they were Atlanteans and they had far superior technology.

Geez... I've been watching way to much Stargate...

Anyway, you guys get what I'm saying?

Indeed, about the long skulls. The Ancient Egyptians (I believe it was only the rulers) were known to bind their babies' skulls so they became long/tall as they grew older. Speculation says that this was to support their headdressses but that doesn't make too much sense. Maybe they were copying another, older culture?

This thread started off about the Piece of Eden and artefacts speculation and somehow has worked its way into Atlantis and endworld theories http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Azugo
08-21-2009, 12:26 AM
Interesting...

... I don't really have anything else to say. o_O

godsmack_darius
08-21-2009, 12:40 AM
Pwned http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But yes, 2012, we either stand up to the Illuminati/Government and we change the world as we no it to a better place.

Or we fall to the Illuminati/Government and become enslaved form their NWO http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Either way that day will be a day of change http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

EmperorxZurg
08-21-2009, 11:56 AM
@ L.Cie it wasn't the Egyptians it was the Aztecs around Peru and such that did that, wen the baby was an infant they would get two boards of wood and start squishing the head to become very large as an honor, and the only thing that'll happen on 2012 is there's going to be mass riots from people panicking about nothing

Edengoth
08-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
the only thing that'll happen on 2012 is there's going to be mass riots from people panicking about nothing

@godsmackdarius
pwned http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

:P

godsmack_darius
08-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
@ L.Cie it wasn't the Egyptians it was the Aztecs around Peru and such that did that, wen the baby was an infant they would get two boards of wood and start squishing the head to become very large as an honor, and the only thing that'll happen on 2012 is there's going to be mass riots from people panicking about nothing

Exactly, but everything happening on that day snt fact, just theory. we can Know whats going on, just assume it

EmperorxZurg
08-21-2009, 01:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:

Exactly, but everything happening on that day snt fact, just theory. we CAN'T Know whats going on, just assume it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fixed that for u http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

thekyle0
08-21-2009, 02:01 PM
@ the nay-sayers, I am among you. I always seem to take these kind of discusions with a dose of salt despite how desperatly I wish they were true. But I found reading this thread was a lot more fun when I imagined which of these theories could be integrated into the the game in the best way.

(off-topic) This reminds me of a friend of mine who just joined the National Guard. He has a chance of going to Iraq. I was messing with him one day and said, "Don't worry about it man. You'll be back in no time. You'll probably even be back in time to tear-gas me once the riots break out."

NoxieDC
08-21-2009, 02:29 PM
^ Let's hope he does! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I once saw a documentary on the Freemasons and they cleared some issues.

One, they're not out to conquer the world, it's mostly religious people trying to grow spiritually. Personally, I still go for Kabbalah, tarots, alchemy and Marilyn Manson.

And two, the New World Order originally referred to the change from a totalitarian monarchy to democracy. So change the bloody name into "Old World Order" or else I am going to cry. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

obliviondoll
08-21-2009, 07:21 PM
I still say AC3's release dat will be 22-12-2012.

And I'll be here to see it.

Of course, I plan to live forever. And while reading the posts about Atlantis and Egypt and Mayan prophecies, I've come to an important realisation about the true nature of the Pieces of Eden.

Remove two letters.

Pie(ce) of Eden.

The Pieces of Eden are really just the parts needed to make a microwave. The controlling minds and time travel are just unfortunate side effects which nullify one another when all of them are assembled together.

EDIT: Just to be slightly more sensible about things. I don't believe aliens are likely to have intentionally improved human technology, am unsure of my opinion on their involvement at all. But I DO believe that many cultures around the world have produced things which modern technology still can't replicate, or at least can't replicate in a practical manner.

Atlantis was real, fragments of its technology are scattered worldwide - my theory is that the people who fled the destruction of their home took with them specific skills to their various new homes. Japan got someone who made a sword which survived over 500 years in a damp cave without rusting, and still had an edge sharp enough to cut through over and inch of steel. Egypt had pyramids built which the later generations could only poorly imitate. Mayans got the most accurate long-term calendar ever created, which was probably built along a similar assumption to PCs pre-Y2K. They didn't expect to need the calendar forever, so when they knew it was accurate beyond their foreseeable future, they decided not to worry that it would effectively "stop" when they were likely to not need it, or have discovered something better by then anyway.

Just a few thoughts.

nightpriestess
08-21-2009, 08:13 PM
I believe the Atalantians were really the Minoans. Sorry, I believe the people who actually go out and study this stuff rather than people with tin foil hats on their heads. Same goes for aliens building several ancient structures

I remember I was on an airplane on the way back from a Europe program and I was sitting next to one of my teachers. Said teacher claimed she felt that the Egyptians couldn't possibley have built the pyramids by themselves. I, honest to God, felt insulted because, to me, it's like she was infering that humans are too damn stupid to figure **** out for themselves. And that is another reason why I think the whole ancient dead civilization/ alien thing is stupid.

As for 2012 and world domination by a secret group?
http://tinyurl.com/2012-Theories-are-crap
http://www.cracked.com/funny-44-conspiracy-theories/
http://www.cracked.com/article...hink-rule-world.html (http://www.cracked.com/article_17469_5-pathetic-groups-that-people-think-rule-world.html)

Yes, I seem to agree with Cracked a lot of the times haha.

Azugo
08-22-2009, 07:16 AM
Lol, I agree with your teacher. Humans were too stupid! But not really stupid. Smart enough to figure out the Earth is round and to figure out physics and all that. I don't really think our race is stupid now though... Look at the rate technology is progressing. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

nightpriestess
08-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Lol, I agree with your teacher. Humans were too stupid! But not really stupid. Smart enough to figure out the Earth is round and to figure out physics and all that. I don't really think our race is stupid now though... Look at the rate technology is progressing. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Lol yeah humans did do some stupid things back then but I doubt they were dumb enough to warrent help from aliens to build pyramids.

Charlie_Romeo
08-22-2009, 12:16 PM
This thread is intresting. Even if i disagree with most of it. I dont believe in Atlantis, i dont believe ancient cultures had electricty.
All this NWO seems silly to me, people who come up with this stuff usually are crazy, the same people who believe everything is a conspiracy from 9/11 to the Haulicaust(sp). go on youtube and see some theories as to who are in the NWO. Jay-Z appartly has brainwashed us all by doing a simple shape with his hands??? C'mon.

nightpriestess
08-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Charlie_Romeo:
This thread is intresting. Even if i disagree with most of it. I dont believe in Atlantis, i dont believe ancient cultures had electricty.
All this NWO seems silly to me, people who come up with this stuff usually are crazy, the same people who believe everything is a conspiracy from 9/11 to the Haulicaust(sp). go on youtube and see some theories as to who are in the NWO. Jay-Z appartly has brainwashed us all by doing a simple shape with his hands??? C'mon.

I 100% agree.

NoxieDC
08-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Lol, I agree with your teacher. Humans were too stupid!
Well **** YOU!

They may be stupid by our terms but they still had an empire and made hundreds of structures that we can see for ourselves today, a rich and "colorful" culture and everything!
I'm no superstitious old woman, but still, ancient civilizations were still the best at their time. And I think they deserve their respect.

Realjambo
08-22-2009, 01:59 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">Noxie - Last warning - Trip the auto censor once more and you can take a week out.</span>

NoxieDC
08-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Actually, it wasn't auto censored, I put those stars by myself. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif
(kinda leaves room for creative interpretation...)

Realjambo
08-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Interpretation? You are lucky I didn't suspend you there and then....

godsmack_darius
08-22-2009, 02:13 PM
how about we all sit down and have a cup of coffee or tea, and talk about this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

While talking bout the Peice of eden http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

NoxieDC
08-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Milk and cereal thank you very much. Will never switch to coffee.

One way or another, Ubisoft did a good job regarding the subject (for now...). Both with this and the cliffhanger, their universe is set up for a rich future. Well done.

Azugo
08-24-2009, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by NoxieDC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:
Lol, I agree with your teacher. Humans were too stupid!
Well **** YOU!

They may be stupid by our terms but they still had an empire and made hundreds of structures that we can see for ourselves today, a rich and "colorful" culture and everything!
I'm no superstitious old woman, but still, ancient civilizations were still the best at their time. And I think they deserve their respect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woah... I just got owned.
But I do agree that the oldies deserve their respect but Pyramids are amazing and... Well, you get what I'm saying.