PDA

View Full Version : Very Strange..

TigerShark808
05-15-2007, 07:25 PM
thng happened today. So im at home on my lunch break and decide to start up SH3 . I figuer Ill let it run for a few hours @ real time while I go back to work. So anyways...I get home some 4 1/2 hours later and find my u-boat @ 503 M with 95% Hull Integrity. Im shocked because I figuerd I would be dead. First off why did the u-boat start it plunge downward. I have left my ship before and come back to it plenty of times while submerged @ periscope depth without a single change in depth. Second...cant i raise the boat? Even while i still have plenty off power left in my electric motors and plenty of O2 for my crew to breath. I cant seem to move the ship. I checked depth below keel and it reads 1000 meters.So Im not stuck on the bottom.

Very Strange ! Its like the crew passed out and cant be woken up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TigerShark808
05-15-2007, 07:25 PM
thng happened today. So im at home on my lunch break and decide to start up SH3 . I figuer Ill let it run for a few hours @ real time while I go back to work. So anyways...I get home some 4 1/2 hours later and find my u-boat @ 503 M with 95% Hull Integrity. Im shocked because I figuerd I would be dead. First off why did the u-boat start it plunge downward. I have left my ship before and come back to it plenty of times while submerged @ periscope depth without a single change in depth. Second...cant i raise the boat? Even while i still have plenty off power left in my electric motors and plenty of O2 for my crew to breath. I cant seem to move the ship. I checked depth below keel and it reads 1000 meters.So Im not stuck on the bottom.

Very Strange ! Its like the crew passed out and cant be woken up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

hueywolf123
05-16-2007, 01:43 AM
Ok, I'm not sure exactly how realistic this game is, even though I've been at it for a couple of years, but I do know that in reality if the boat goes below it's max depth you won't get back up.
You rely on bouyancy, positive is floating, negative is sinking. Your boat requires an equal bouyancy in regard to the water density around it. The engineer would take hourly samples and work out the density, then adjust the bouyancy tanks accordingly - thus keeping you at your required depth.
In GWX, you cannot just glide at low speed and keep your depth, you must every so-often either hit the A key to keep you at your depth setting, or reset your depth.
I don't know if this helps with the why question, but how to get back up, well, you can't. Once you are below your max depth, you will not be able to achieve the required bouyancy to get back to the surface, no matter how much you blow your tanks, or how fast you run your motors, it aint going to happen.
Sorry bud, but thats the ball game, say goodbye to your crew/career. Start a new one.
Who knows just how many boats this actually happened to during both wars, as so many just never came back, and no reports of them being attacked.
Bad luck there Kaleun, it's happened to us all