PDA

View Full Version : Joystick used?

mikeman_4_ever1
07-07-2007, 07:24 PM
I picked up a Logiteck Force3dpro controller as it had the most number of functions and force-feedback, ect...plus it's a logitech product which usual means quality. within a month though it was giving on the left to the point where i would be leaning hard and not getting any response. i picked up a replacement of the same type and low and behold, 3-4 weeks later when i'm pulling back i'm getting the same lack of response. 1) what gives 2) can anyone suggest a joystick with a decent amount of features that's dependable?
thanks in advance

Scorpion.233
07-07-2007, 07:26 PM
That's Logitech for you.

I'd get a Saitek, got an X52 myself.

AtlantikEel
07-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Saitek X52.
And Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

knightflyte
07-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Well, you'll get a varying amount of replies here, mikeman.

If you're looking for a basic stick that will cover the basic functions of IL2 et al, then a Saitek Aviator will do you fine.

If your desires and needs are more than the basics a good HOTAS set up would be an X52. That will run you about $100 ish. Add peddlesl for another $120.00 ish.

I have a CH Products HOTAS AND rudder peddles. All told around $300.00.

HOTAS is a dual stick combination consisting of a seperate throttle and joystick. It'll offer you so many option you'll potentially never need your keyboard for IL2. It adds a lot to the immersion.

SOOoooooooooooooooo to really answer your question you need to determine your ultimate needs.....but a good basic stick for starting out is a Saitek Aviator.

Targ
07-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Depends on how much money you are willing to spend.
Personally I use the gear from CH products.

Insuber
07-08-2007, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Targ:
Depends on how much money you are willing to spend.
Personally I use the gear from CH products.

That's right ... budget orients your choices.

I've bought an X52 Pro and so far I'm happy with. Yesterday I even bought the Saitek pedals ... hope to find the feeling with this new toy.

Regards,
Insuber

ZappaTime
07-08-2007, 04:12 PM
I have a Saitek Cyborg Evo FORCE, which i've had for a couple of years now, everything still works fine, including all the many buttons. if you shop around you can pick one up quite cheap. FF is pretty good.Very adjustable with a fairly slim base. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Urufu_Shinjiro
07-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Saiteks Refurbished products are really quite good. You can get an Evo Force for $30, or an X52 for $65 I think. I have several refurbished products from them and they are great.

Divine-Wind
07-08-2007, 05:53 PM
If you've got a decent budget, and are willing to sift through E-Bay, I'd recommend the Microsoft FFB2. 8 buttons, a throttle slider, and it's a twisty. I use one with the X52 throttle. Works like a charm! (I only wish that I could use both with older/certain games... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif)

Bearcat99
07-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Truth be told.. as for FFB.. the MSFFB2 is the omly way to fly. I recommend Saitek producs highly... The pedals are great..... The sticks ar decent. They also sell reconditioned sticks.... I dont have the link to the recon site now.. I am niot home but someone will post it. Logitech makmes nice mice, keyboards, speakers, and even webcams.. but their joysticks are terrible.

Viper2005_
07-08-2007, 06:57 PM
FSSB R2 modded Cougar, with hall sensors in the throttle, IJ's switch housings and Simpeds. I haven't been using them for long enough to be sure, but thusfar they're at least keeping pace with death and taxes on the dependability stakes. Very high fidelity of response too.

No FFB, but you can't have everything http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif .

horseback
07-08-2007, 07:18 PM
If you're on a budget, the old Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro (USB and non-FFB) is also a good choice, if you can find one on e-Bay. Saitek has some nice sticks, but I've never cared for their looks or feel, so I've gone with CH Products for the last 4 years or so (but I've had the cash to do so).

While there are exceptions to the rule, most folks seem to end up very unhappy with Logitech joysticks.

cheers

horseback