PDA

View Full Version : Adding cameras to tracks

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Is it possibly to add cameras to tracks?

I have a nice track and would like to add a few extra cameras to capture a movieclip (using fraps). I tried to add the cameras to the track-file but got the error message that the track had been modified - which was completely true. I then tried to cut and paste a small additional portion of the preamble -including the large "control number" - of the track file to see if I could trick the modification check. That worked out in the sense that the track would run, but the recorded plane ditched almost instantenously.

So, is there anybody who knows how to add additional cameras?

I guess this "feature" is supposed to eliminate cheating when posting incredible tracks. However, adding cameras or other "passive" objects shouldn't destroy the correctness of the track.

Petter

PS. Running the mission again with cameras added is of course possible. But, to achive the same flying and keep the action happening exactly at the camera locations can be fairly difficult.

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Is it possibly to add cameras to tracks?

I have a nice track and would like to add a few extra cameras to capture a movieclip (using fraps). I tried to add the cameras to the track-file but got the error message that the track had been modified - which was completely true. I then tried to cut and paste a small additional portion of the preamble -including the large "control number" - of the track file to see if I could trick the modification check. That worked out in the sense that the track would run, but the recorded plane ditched almost instantenously.

So, is there anybody who knows how to add additional cameras?

I guess this "feature" is supposed to eliminate cheating when posting incredible tracks. However, adding cameras or other "passive" objects shouldn't destroy the correctness of the track.

Petter

PS. Running the mission again with cameras added is of course possible. But, to achive the same flying and keep the action happening exactly at the camera locations can be fairly difficult.

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 06:58 PM
I think that is impossible. All the good il-2 movies you see, are done either in the FMB (where you can add more camera's than you can handle) or, donw with very inventive view work.

A suggestion, you should really learn what diffrent views are available and how to use it. (padlocking ground objects gives a nice effect= F7)

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif (http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/index.php)

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 10:49 PM
Yes, I know about all the padlocking, F3 and so on. They are all very nice but occasionally it would be nice to add a fixed camera near a particularily interesting event.

So, any suggestions?

Petter