PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia 3d vision shutter glasses, cant get work

Jjeeqq
03-15-2010, 10:44 AM
I cant get nvidia 3d vision work with sturmovik 1946. Ive been reading that it used to work with older sturmovik version but not at 1946. Why is this and can it be fixed somehow?

My guess is:
Sturmovik isnt really fullscreen when it is supposed to be. Guessing this becourse when ctrl+tabbing it behaves little bit diffeent than normal fullscreen program.

Urufu_Shinjiro
03-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Not sure, does the 3d vision stuff activate like a normal nvidia control panel profile? If so perhaps nHancer would help?

Urufu_Shinjiro
03-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Be careful, just read this article: http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/stories/s2813511.htm

Jjeeqq
03-17-2010, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:
Be careful, just read this article: http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/stories/s2813511.htm

Havent seen that happen for me. But if i play with 3d glasses, lets say about 7 days and 5hours each day, i start seeing my dreams in 3d, and brains tries to seek 3d in 2d objects, like text. I dont think there is any permanent damage. And if there is misperception then it will be fixed with some rest. and like any other video game system, 3d needs rests. 2d might actually be as bad as 3d, brains normally seeing things 3d but then its all 2d, there is lot more for brain to ingore at 2d than 3d.

Jjeeqq
03-17-2010, 05:45 AM
Not sure, does the 3d vision stuff activate like a normal nvidia control panel profile? If so perhaps nHancer would help.

Did try it now. Problem persists http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Problem seems to be that 3d vision doesnt regonize that 3d application, and sturmovik 1946 doesnt seem to be in front of every action like other 3d fullscreen program, like i can see msn live log inners while 1946 is frontal.

julian265
03-17-2010, 06:44 AM

Wow. That was educational, thanks.

Jjeeqq
03-17-2010, 08:38 AM
back to topic

Jjeeqq
03-17-2010, 04:03 PM
doh, is il2 1946 directx 8 version? it needs to be 9 to work on nvidia 3d vision.

x(

Stiletto-
03-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Yeah IL2 is some old software programing, not even DX9 was the standard back then when Forgotten Battles came out, what 1946 was based on.

TheFamilyMan
03-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Too bad that IL-2 is not supported by the nvidia 3D vision. It's not even listed on their 3D compatibility list which even includes a 'will not work' section.

As for IL-2, its gorgeous shiny 'perfect' mode water is brought to you courtesy of DX9.

As for that linked article, large grains of salt should be added IMO. Read some of its comments, as well as google 'sega VR'. Seems if sega really pulled that product's development for its ill long term effects they would have made a big deal about it to save some face; rather it seems it was a product doomed by technical difficulties.

Urufu_Shinjiro
03-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by TheFamilyMan:

As for IL-2, its gorgeous shiny 'perfect' mode water is brought to you courtesy of DX9.

Um, no. Il2 uses OpenGL for Perfect water, and when running in DirectX mode it's DX8.

TheFamilyMan
03-19-2010, 08:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheFamilyMan:

Um, no. Il2 uses OpenGL for Perfect water, and when running in DirectX mode it's DX8. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Crud..how stupid of me, I got confused by the shader model support stuff...too bored at work... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

Thinking back on the topic, didn't jayhall(or something like that) post that he got the new nvidia 3d stuff working with IL-2? That member was once all over this place and M4T as well, wrote a few guides too.

Hoatee
03-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Assuming that nVidia's 3d vision works the same way as edimensional's, the extra dimension doesn't kick in while the game is in perfect mode.

mortoma
03-24-2010, 02:17 AM
Can those types of glasses just work in every day 2D? In that case you could still have an enjoyable experience without the visual problems associated with 3D. Do you get any advantage with those glasses in plain 2D, like maybe a better field of view? If so then I'd think it worth it just for that alone. But I really don't know, you guys tell me. I also thought some of those glasses give you something like TIR? Is that also correct? If so then with both wider field of view and TIR type of functioning that would make it worth it for sure.

A consideration for older people like me would be whether or not having "old age vision" ( presbyopia ) would be a problem since that problem prevents the ability to properly focus on things very close to eye. When you are young your eyes can accommodate and focus very closely on things near to the eye but when you are old you lose this ability, usually. I have been this way since I was about 45. Since the small screen on the inside of the glasses is very close to the eye, I wonder if I could see it clearly or not. At least without some sort of special contact lenses anyway.

Jjeeqq
03-24-2010, 08:58 AM
glasses helps guessing distances much better and you have better butt feel how long that plane in front of you is and how fast going which way. I think it gives about 10% more fov.

And about focusing:
you dont need to focus your eyes any closer than looking your monitor, most of objects are far behind this planar.

Jjeeqq
03-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Ha!!! GOT IT WORK!

Just needed program to force game to fullscreen, sturmovik fullscreen isnt really fullscreen just as i did think!

Urufu_Shinjiro
03-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Jjeeqq:
Ha!!! GOT IT WORK!

Just needed program to force game to fullscreen, sturmovik fullscreen isnt really fullscreen just as i did think!

How did you force il2 fullscreen? I'm curious as this may have ramifications to those that have mouse issues at il2 startup...

Jjeeqq
03-25-2010, 11:34 AM
with iZ3D control center.

Profiles/game: window mode fullscreen

Darkbluesky
04-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Hi Jjeeqq, if I understand correctly did you manage to make it work with 3DVision glasses/drivers? or with a iz3D monitor/drivers?

Then, did you install the Forceware + 3D Vision drivers + Iz3d drivers and configure IL2 as fullscreen IN IZ3D control panel?

If so, did you play IL2 in OGL or DX (wrapper)? If OGL, in Excellent or Perfect?

I guess it is DX (wrapper) as 3D Vision does not support OGL, AFAIK...

Excuse me for so many questions. I would thank you very much if you could help me, as there are a lot of people, as me, willing to use our 3D setups with this wonderful game...

Jjeeqq
04-08-2010, 01:16 PM
"Then, did you install the Forceware + 3D Vision drivers + Iz3d drivers and configure IL2 as fullscreen IN IZ3D control panel?"
:Yes

"If so, did you play IL2 in OGL or DX (wrapper)? If OGL, in Excellent or Perfect?"
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifirectx :/

Urufu_Shinjiro
04-08-2010, 04:13 PM
I don't know if 3D is worth switching to DiretX, lol.

Darkbluesky
04-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Thanks a lot Jjeeqq, I am wishing to have some free time to test it!

In any case, as far as I know OGL in Excellent mode and DX are pretty much the same, in regards of eye-candy. It is the OGL Perfect mode who makes the difference.

If so, then doesn't matter if DX or OGL, as when I used to play IL2 in 3D was with the old stereo drivers, which although they supported OGL, for some reason only ran well in 3D in excellent, not perfect mode. So it will be the same.

It is a real pity to drop Perfect mode, but IL2 in 3D is so much fun, immersive and useful (comparing to flat 3D) that for me, it is worth.

Darkbluesky
04-11-2010, 03:09 AM
Hey, I am testing it and it seems not to work.

I have the last 3D Vision CD 1.23 and I have iinstalled the iz3d 1.10 drivers.

If I select iz3d or shutters in the "Output" of the "DirectX" section of iz3d control panel, and Enable Stereo by hot Key, then 3D Vision does not work even in the nvidia control panel test...

If I select in iz3d, "Disable stereo" then it does not work neither...

So, please could you explain which configuration you are using, please? Specially in the iz3d CP.

Do you let the iz3d icon at side of the taskbar clock active or do you close it? Which "output" mode do you select in the "DirectX" tab of iz3d control panel?

Thanks a lot!

Darkbluesky
04-11-2010, 03:54 AM
UPDATE:

It works now:

1. In the "DirectX" tab, I have selected "Enable Stereo by Hotkey" and in "Output" I have Shutter (trial, beta)" (you have to select "Full install" or "Custom Install" when installing the iz3d drivers to have it available). And option "Simple" to its right.

In this way I avoid the message of "Not found 3D Display" at the top left during gaming that appears in case you select "iz3d" as "Output"

EDIT: I suggest "Shutter (trial, beta)" or "S3DShutter", as the others have a clear impact on fps.

2. In "Profiles" section, for the "Default profile" option, in tab "Input" I don't modify anything, neither in "Autofocus" tab.

In tab "Game" I uncheck "Show wizard", in "Window mode" I select "Fullscreen", and in Stereo separation I put 0 (this is important to reduce the fps impact, otherwise you have both drivers, nvidia and iz3d rendering at the same time, and it makes a hugue impact in speed, specially because the iz3d are not as fast as nvidia's...)

3. I do not touch anything in the rest of tabs, options, etc

Of course, the little thingy of iz3d in system taskbar, at side of the clock should be there.

When you launch the game, the nvidia emitter will light on, and the bottom right message of nvidia telling you that it is a unknown game will appera (you can toggle it off with Ctrl+Alt+Insert)

Thanks for all. It is very nice be able to enjoy it another time with the new glasses!

Hoatee
04-15-2010, 02:24 AM
Yikes. Correct me if I'm wrong but IL2 is not supported with nVidia's 3d vision glasses out of the box?