PDA

View Full Version : downloading missions - how to activate?

dashman
01-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Since I posted for the first time yesterday (resulting in a nice Waders picture being sent in reply to my "fishin'"), then I guess I am still a noob in flying only, with the combat of a community posting now under my belthttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Anyhow, I have over the last several days downloaded some single missions from links here in the forum. I am not sure if I am dealing with them correctly as far as folder placement (I put them in the 'single missions' folder), extracting the zip files, etc.

I can see them in the Ubisoft folder in Windows Explorer, but I'm not sure if they are active/openable in the sim, they don't seem to be.

Thanks for any help.

EURO_Snoopy
01-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Unzip your mission into '/Missions/Single/xx' folder if it's a single mission where 'xx is the nationality you are flying for

For example DE is used to denote Germany so a mission flown on the Berlin Map would go into 'Forgotten Battles/Missions/Single/DE'

It is not absolutely essential for the mission to be in the correct national folder, if you are not certain where to put a mission use the 'NN' folder.

List of Nationalities:

DE - Germany
FI - Finland
GB - Great Britain
HU - Hungary
IN - Japan (Imperial Navy)
JA - Japan (Imperial Army)
NN - No Nationality
RN - Royal Navy
RO - Romania
SK -
UN - US Navy
US - US Army
A Coop or multiplayer mission goes into the 'Forgotten Battles/Missions/Net/coop' folder for coop missions and into 'Forgotten Battles/Missions/Net/coop' for dogfight missions.

There are no nationality folders in the coops, instead you can create your own folder and this will show up in the Coop Mission selection screen

Existing folders in the IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 Coop Folder:

IL-10
Pacific Fighters

From the M4T Knowledge Base (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&cat=9#91)

dashman
01-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks for responding Euro,

I think that's what I'm doing, I'm just not familiar with all the missions since going from Il-2 to 1946 - I couldn't tell if they were being added or not, and wasn't sure if they were self-extracting or self-unzipping files.