PDA

View Full Version : So What Do You After Diving on Opponent ?(BnZ Tactics)

ytareh
01-04-2008, 05:05 AM
It seems that whatever I fly -especially 190s- that if I start a diving attack from say 4-6km alt that if I dont hit the guy in the first pass that I can never regain my altitude (or anything near it -I know about the basic laws of Physics!!!).So should I circle around in big very fast horizontal circles or climb ?If climb what is the best speed/angle/approach ?Surely not to pull back the stick to reach BEST CLIMB SPEED (250-300kmh in most BnZ planes)
Also Im getting shot by slower planes behind me in Zoom climbs ....Should I try and level out for max speed escape or use MAX CLIMB SPEED or try steepest stall climb ?Im sure all this stuff is somewhere on the net but as usual you guys will make it simpler and faster for me !Thanks !

rnzoli
01-04-2008, 05:14 AM
I separate first in level flight and then, zoom climb.
I don't really know why you cannot get near to your original altitude, could it be that you are not trimmed/don't close the radiator? Or that you dive on your opponent from a too high altitude difference, causing you to throttle back in your dive?

DEY_RAVEN_UK
01-04-2008, 05:43 AM
The best thing to do when diving in a FW is to close rads and lower throttle. This is what i do so the enemy can not hear you. When you dive make sure you go below the aircraft you are diving on so when you are about to shoot you should be climbing just under him on his six.When you make the shot you go full power but climb almost verticle behind him and use a slight spiral so you can check for anyone trying to bounce you.This way you never pass the aircraft you are bouncing.
All ways make sure you trim the FW to fly hands off when diving ie you dont want to be pushing or pulling on the stick.Level the FW out at about 300kmh this speed will still give you very good AC control if you need to go defensive at the top of your climb.

zardozid
01-04-2008, 05:49 AM
it seems like you allready have the answers...but to answer one of your queries anyway: yes, if their are "unfriendly" fighters in the area you are "booming" it is better to level off to a shallow dive (keeping your speed up) and extend away from the "hot" area (2-4 km) til you can "zoom climb" safely and regain altitude. One tip: generally I try and extend away from the "target" at an angle "with" the direction the enemy is flying. Generally I try and extend away from the target with my flight path less then 90deg but more then 45deg off the enemy flight path. This way (along with my faster speed) I'm better able to position myself for then next pass...

One note of interest...the FW190 was loaded with enough firepower to "take out" a target on the first pass (that was the idea behind all those guns)...maybe you should be practicing your aim (or finding your gun convergence). http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif