PDA

View Full Version : Thanks VFCHost for a great (stutter free) server!

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 04:06 PM
A big THANK YOU to whoever runs the VFCHost server on Hyperlobby. They have come up with a server that allows stutter free play because they do not load their maps up with ground objects that no one ever sees during a dogfight. Furthermore, I think I saw the host type something to the effect that he pre-loaded all the planes to further optimize things. This seemed to make a difference with the spawn lag. Also, none of their maps have big cities in them so the server is an all around dogfighters stutter free wet dream!

They have near full real options set so the gameplay is great. People were helpful too. Calling out the coordinates of bandits, etc.

Folks who host servers should take heed. I admit my rig is aging but it is no different than many in the community. When you host a server please remember that not everyone has a P4 3.2 gig proc, 800mhz FSB, and an AGP 8x vid card! Those little ground battles sure look cool but they rob much needed frame rates!

Well I may have let the cat out of the bag. The server will be packed now!

S!

Col. Tibbetts

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 04:06 PM
A big THANK YOU to whoever runs the VFCHost server on Hyperlobby. They have come up with a server that allows stutter free play because they do not load their maps up with ground objects that no one ever sees during a dogfight. Furthermore, I think I saw the host type something to the effect that he pre-loaded all the planes to further optimize things. This seemed to make a difference with the spawn lag. Also, none of their maps have big cities in them so the server is an all around dogfighters stutter free wet dream!

They have near full real options set so the gameplay is great. People were helpful too. Calling out the coordinates of bandits, etc.

Folks who host servers should take heed. I admit my rig is aging but it is no different than many in the community. When you host a server please remember that not everyone has a P4 3.2 gig proc, 800mhz FSB, and an AGP 8x vid card! Those little ground battles sure look cool but they rob much needed frame rates!

Well I may have let the cat out of the bag. The server will be packed now!

S!

Col. Tibbetts

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 04:35 PM
Col_Tibbetts wrote:
- A big THANK YOU to whoever runs the VFCHost server
- on Hyperlobby. They have come up with a server that
- allows stutter free play because they do not load
- their maps up with ground objects that no one ever
- sees during a dogfight.

You are very welcome Tibbets! Glad you enjoyed your stay /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
Actually there are about 160 tanks, trucks and other ground objects on the server, I just keep them away from the main battle. I think Ollie had a fun with his Stuka last night /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

- Furthermore, I think I saw
- the host type something to the effect that he
- pre-loaded all the planes to further optimize
- things. This seemed to make a difference with the
- spawn lag. Also, none of their maps have big cities
- in them so the server is an all around dogfighters
- stutter free wet dream!
-

Yes, i preloaded planes that most used on late war server and it seems to be helping alot.

- They have near full real options set so the gameplay
- is great. People were helpful too. Calling out the
- coordinates of bandits, etc.
-
- Folks who host servers should take heed. I admit my
- rig is aging but it is no different than many in the
- community. When you host a server please remember
- that not everyone has a P4 3.2 gig proc, 800mhz FSB,
- and an AGP 8x vid card! Those little ground battles
- sure look cool but they rob much needed frame rates!
-

Actually equal game for everybody should be a motto for all hosts. Choice of the map, positioning of the objects, ammount of flak has to be taken under consideration. Size of the map with objects and terrain type is a breaking point in acheivement of the stutter free game for everybody IMO. Also choice of difficulty settings. I was amazed with Korolov`s ability to spot planes 4km below him.. man not everyone has this gift. Sometimes i felt like a blind kitten and only communication with others on blue side was helping a great deal.
- Well I may have let the cat out of the bag. The
- server will be packed now!
-
- S!
-
- Col. Tibbetts

I am hoping that Jiri will come up with something and make dedicated server work with HL, if he does, i will probably be able to increase amount of people to 20+host that would be perfect.

Thanks again for kind words Tibbets, hope will see you again, tonight /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

V!

P.S. VFC*HOST is up every night from 8:30pm eastern ...give or take.

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/ivan-reaper.gif

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 04:47 PM
What, are you gonna tell me the one night I don't show up is the one night it's stutter free? Are you kidding me? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

lol

You might be one of the lucky ones. Sexie Sady was saying it was stutter free the other night when I was having sutters.

Oh well. Had a blast on Johanns server. Practically the same settings but he wasn't a plane set commie. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif lol

FWIW Ivan, Johanns was filled pretty quickly that way. Was a nice mix of planes on both sides. And the friendly icons prevented problems of friendly fire. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif heh heh

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 04:52 PM
Nice try DDT, i am not mixing up planes /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
I rewised the whole map it`s different now /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif . Stop by and check it out!

V!

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 05:19 PM
Chicken! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 05:20 PM
Free For All lover... "ARCADE"!!! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 05:26 PM
crazyivan1970 wrote:
- Free For All lover... "ARCADE"!!! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Not sure who you're talking to....unless you've contracted a case of severe Ubi-ism. Y'know, having no clue of the definition of words and using them in contexts that they have no buisness being used in.... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 05:28 PM
Ummm.. talking to you DDT, be sure! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 05:28 PM
crazyivan1970 wrote:
- Actually equal game for everybody should be a motto
- for all hosts. Choice of the map, positioning of the
- objects, ammount of flak has to be taken under
- consideration. Size of the map with objects and
- terrain type is a breaking point in acheivement of
- the stutter free game for everybody IMO. Also choice
- of difficulty settings. I was amazed with Korolov`s
- ability to spot planes 4km below him.. man not
- everyone has this gift. Sometimes i felt like a
- blind kitten and only communication with others on
- blue side was helping a great deal.

Great server, as always (even though my eyes aren't quite up to the challenge of flying BnZ tactics without icons either. Should probably just fly VVS or Brewsters, lol). However, I kept getting auto-kicked for some reason, even though my ping was consistently below 100 (am on a cable connection). What's the delay before auto-kicking set at?

--AKD

http://www.flyingpug.com/pugline2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 05:32 PM
I don`t remember AKD, 2 i think. I`ll verify tonight. But usually you staying on pretty good. Maybe just bad night for internet, who knows.

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 06:27 PM
crazyivan1970 wrote:
- Ummm.. talking to you DDT, be sure! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Ah. A severe case of Ubi-ism then. Such a shame. There is help available, but you have to want it. Recognize your problem Ivan, seek help. You will be much better off for it. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 06:50 PM
Tibbets is wrong! VFCHost stutters, lags and goes dead all the time. The people there are a no good, talentless and resentful bunch of miscreants. Your computer will crash, your kids will need braces and your cows will produce sour milk. Stay away, I mean it!

[Spin control's an unpleasant task, but someone has to do it.] /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

I'm just kidding folks. Ivan runs the best show in town. But please leave some room for me.

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 06:51 PM
Define Ubi-ism? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 07:10 PM
crazyivan1970 wrote:
- Define Ubi-ism? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

The improper use of terms. For example, calling any plane that performs a bit better than it should, "œber". Or, calling any comment that isn't praise of Oleg and his product a "whine". Or, using terms like "arcade" when referring to open plane sets. Same for "free for all" as well BTW.

Clear it up for ya? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 07:19 PM
BlitzPig_DDT wrote:
- crazyivan1970 wrote:
-- Define Ubi-ism? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif
-
- The improper use of terms. For example, calling any
- plane that performs a bit better than it should,
- "œber". Or, calling any comment that isn't praise of
- Oleg and his product a "whine". Or, using terms like
- "arcade" when referring to open plane sets. Same for
- "free for all" as well BTW.
-
-
- Clear it up for ya?

And that`s who i am for ya? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 07:26 PM
"pre-loaded all the planes to further optimize things"

How do you do that ????????????

<center><font size="7" color="red">Arcade Mode Inabled[/i]</font>

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 07:29 PM
crazyivan1970 wrote:
- Define Ubi-ism?

Two weeks.

<font face="Courier New">

_____ | _____
_\__(o)__/_
./ \.

</font>

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 07:30 PM
Ivan, What do you think about the US vs. VVS vs. LW?

<center>http://www.acompletewasteofspace.com/pics/cb.jpg </center>

<center>We are recruiting: www.92ndfg.com</center> (http://www.92ndfg.com</center>)

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 07:31 PM
.....or calling those who don't complain about planes "fanboys"....

<Center>

http://www.wingman-fr.net/fzg/forum/images/smiles/sm167.gif

1.5/10 Troll Rating from USAFHelos
(but working on it /i/smilies/16x16_robot-tongue.gif - Woot! 7.25 points awarded make 8.75/10)

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 07:40 PM
Cardinal25 wrote:
- Ivan, What do you think about the US vs. VVS vs. LW?
-
-

I donno mate, kinda odd ...3 way conflict lol. But i did enjoy Gem`s setup tho, not gonna lie about it. I`ll make a map and see how it goes.

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 07:51 PM
crazyivan1970 wrote:
- And that`s who i am for ya? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif
-
- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Aw, cheer up Ivan. I just said you were *displaying* a case of Ubi-ism.

It's kinda like saying someone is acting like an A-hole even when they aren't an A-hole..... y'know? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 10:25 PM
DDT - you'll have to settle for Me-262 vs. Me-262... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/klv_ubisig1a.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm a P-63 whiner too! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 11:27 PM
Locust_161st wrote:
- "pre-loaded all the planes to further optimize
- things"
-
-
-
- How do you do that ????????????

How is this done ?

BTW I made a map called, Cold War its VVS v USA/British AC its run on an online winter map tod is 7.00am, conditions are good with low clouds @ 1000m I made the USA/Brits a brown base & the Ruskies well you know red....there are limited ground targets but there are some, also bolth sides have IL2's

Its rather fun who needs German AC anyhow since there so tourqed I just left them waiting in the wings /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

<center><font size="7" color="red">Arcade Mode Inabled[/i]</font>