PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Multi-Engine Expansion CD

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 06:33 PM
Is there any chance of a heavy multi-engine expansion CD-Rom for Forgotten Battles. As it is, the only "Flyable Heavy" is the Russian TB-3.
It would be a chance to earn more revene from the "Forgotten Battle" title and give us one more type of aircraft simulation experence.

Fighters and light/medium Bombers are great, but it is a quite a different expereince having a hand full of engines and 30,000 Kg of aircraft. I enjoy flying the TB-3, but it's a some what out of date!

The Pe-8, B-17, B-29, B-24, Fw-200, He-177, Me-264, Ju290/390 and Lancaster would all make a great expansion pack to Forgtten Battles and give us a the ablity to fly 4 or more engined heavy aircraft.

Actually I've been thinking about trying 3d modeling for Forgotten battles for sometime anyway. Just be nice to know if there is a possability for another expansion pack after the upcoming one, if the 3D models are completed in an reasonable time, even though BoB is in the works.

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 06:33 PM
Is there any chance of a heavy multi-engine expansion CD-Rom for Forgotten Battles. As it is, the only "Flyable Heavy" is the Russian TB-3.
It would be a chance to earn more revene from the "Forgotten Battle" title and give us one more type of aircraft simulation experence.

Fighters and light/medium Bombers are great, but it is a quite a different expereince having a hand full of engines and 30,000 Kg of aircraft. I enjoy flying the TB-3, but it's a some what out of date!

The Pe-8, B-17, B-29, B-24, Fw-200, He-177, Me-264, Ju290/390 and Lancaster would all make a great expansion pack to Forgtten Battles and give us a the ablity to fly 4 or more engined heavy aircraft.

Actually I've been thinking about trying 3d modeling for Forgotten battles for sometime anyway. Just be nice to know if there is a possability for another expansion pack after the upcoming one, if the 3D models are completed in an reasonable time, even though BoB is in the works.

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 09:08 PM
As you know the B-17 will be in this soon to come v1.2final, and several of the Heavy Bombers you mentioned will be or are possiblities in the Pay add-on coming in early 2004.
And rumor has it that the pay add-on won't be the end of IL-2 fb.........I HOPE THESE RUMORS PREVAIL!!!!!!!

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Fw-200, He-177, Me-264, Ju290/390
- These four added together dropped a far smaller tonnage of bombs during WW2 than either the Short Stirling or the Handley Page Halifax- both of which get forgotten.
How about confining your idea to aircraft that really mattered?

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 09:56 PM
wellington?/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
i think a lanc would be cool, cos then u could do the dam busters etc

whineingu /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-16-2003, 01:28 AM
If I were to attempt to model a flyable aircraft and/or cockpit for Forgotten Battles, I would do ether the He 177, Me 264 or Ju290/390, as they are of more of an unusual aircraft. The modeling of these aircraft would be an interesting study/project for me personally.

Thing is, how dose a person know whats being worked on and whats not? I wouldn't want to start on such an endeavor only to find out it's already been done and in the next expansion pack.

XyZspineZyX
11-16-2003, 02:05 AM
Go to the 3rd party modellers forum at Netwings - have a read there and follow the links also to the database that Burnin is doing an excellent job maintaining

www.netwings.org (http://www.netwings.org)
Home of the Il2 3rd Party Modellers
Home of the VEF Forums

XyZspineZyX
11-16-2003, 06:29 PM
um is the B-17 going to be flyable??????

I would have to say the most popular bomber would have to be the Avro Lancaster. I want a 22,000 lb bomb!!!!!!!