PDA

View Full Version : problems & complaints

DuxCorvan
12-30-2006, 03:13 PM
No Hornet is planned for FB+PF in the future. Maybe someday in the new future sim series, Storm of War.

Sorry.

dimiatha
01-03-2007, 10:01 AM
mr Oleg
i would like to congratulate you for the il2 series as a whole.However i would like to express my disappointment about the 1946.i have bought FB, AEP, PF and downloaded all the patches.i am an off line player.I bought 1946 in order to support the development team and hopping that would correct most of the problems of the previous versions.What i found is:
a)The AI enemy planes retaine the characteristics that make the off line players life miserable:unlimited energy,no black out/red out limitations,tail warning radars and of course radar guided rear guns and flak.(The positive result is that we become better deflection shooters!)
b)There are numerous small problems with the installation, not serious but annoying
c) The advertised detailed 450 pages plane guide offers nothing special for the researcer of the era.I was expecting much more details that without doubt you poses for all the planes.
d)1946 added numerous bugs of its own

However i could live with all these defenciencies.What made me mad last night and provoked me to wright to you for the first time since i started playing the game 5 years ago is that i had the same problem with the blue monitor and crasch to the desktop.It s a problem that i never managed to solve in my old installation of the game despite your instructions. I was expecting that a revised version of the game would be at least able to run smoothly.We have in 1946 some serious bugs repeted.I would like to ask anyone who knows a solution to help me.Finally i would like to suggest something.Produce a patch with no new planes,no new equipment but just correcting what needs to be corrected.Listen the off line users too!!please excuse me for my englich
my best wishes for the new year

WOLFMondo
01-04-2007, 03:14 AM
Can't have 46 planes that really flew! Where would the fun be in that!<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Cheers!!

RocketDog
01-04-2007, 09:33 AM
I think all players share some of your frustration, but not everything is quite as clear cut as popular opinion in the forums suggests.

Quick points:

On veteran, average and rookie settings the AI uses exactly the same flight model that we do. The only difference is that the veteran AI can use WEP continually without overheating and the average AI will not use WEP at all. Annoying, but if the AI is set to a mix of veteran and average then you get a pretty good balance. On ace setting I think it can ignore the rules of physics. So don't use ace setting.

I'm not sure about black outs, but it's worth checking that they AI really can exceed the player g limit. I'm not convinced it can.

I agree about their 360 degree vision, but that is not going to get changed until BoB.

The defensive guns on bombers is an odd one. A lot of players seem to think they should be able to just fly up behind a B-17 in a Bf-109 and blow it to pieces. In real life, this would have been near suicide. If you read combat reports you find that bombers were quite capable of beating off fighters unless the fighters were very careful in conducting their attacks. For example, in "Genda's Blade" there are several accounts of very experienced IJN pilots flying groups of four to ten Georges and taking on pairs of Mariner flying boats and PBY4 Privateers. The flying boats and PB4Ys won, surviving the encounters and claiming several fighters in the process (confirmed from IJN records).

Re: crashing to desktop. That is unusual. IL-2 is usually a very stable bit of software. I suggets you post up in the Community Help forum with a description of your problem and hardware. That certainly shouldn't be happening and I would hope it's sortable.

Cheers,

RD.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/RocketDog/rocketdog.jpg

Marcel_Albert
01-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Yea , i agree with you RocketDog , but we mustn't go from an extreme to another , and also i love the Zeros , but they were all but qualified for engaging bombers since it took fire too easily , armament was weak for this , the engine was fragile and the pilot wasn't protected , it was nearly suicide to try to engage the best protected bombers in the world at the time , which were the US bombers , with a Zeke . it shows the courage of Japanese pilots (and skill)

i think the AI bomber should be toned down in accuracy in the sim , cause it's more like aliens aiming right now , sometimes i wonder who's hunting the other , the bomber gunners or me in a fighter plane http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

This said , the sim is awesome etc... and it's better that the AI gunners are a bit too much accurate than not enough accurate of course , as it obliges us to be careful just like it was IRL , but still , maybe AI gunners should be toned down at long range shooting , and should keep the same accuracy at short range .<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"Non Nobis Domine , Non Nobis , Sed Nomini Tuo Da Gloriam."
In Memoriam Jacques de Molay .