PDA

View Full Version : The Length of Time to get into one game

LOWPROFILER84
01-19-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm asking all Assassin's Creed Fans like myself who have trouble in entering a single game to flood the ubisoft network explaining your troubles, so that they may fix the programming to the multiplayer network. I myself have tested how long it takes to find a game online, starting from waiting 30mins to find one game then even longer than any other game I've ever played online, The longest time I tested took over 4 hours to fing a single game which by the way didn't end up playing because we were one short for acceptance.

InfamousiXi
01-19-2011, 02:32 PM
they just need to play halo or cod and see how they set it up with the lobbies....i mean u should be able to mess around with ur classes while waiting on a game not watch a loading screen

inkyjinx
01-19-2011, 02:39 PM
the longest it's ever taken me to get into a match is under 5m.

this was after i opened the ports on my router that Ubisoft recommended.

try that.

DzuluagaS
01-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by inkyjinx:
the longest it's ever taken me to get into a match is under 5m.

this was after i opened the ports on my router that Ubisoft recommended.

try that.

I dont agree with you, i opened my ports and did everything that guide told me to do. And most of the time i have to wait 20-30 mins to get into a loby.

inkyjinx
01-19-2011, 02:55 PM
you can not agree with me all you want.

i've played 2+ matches in the last 30m

nik1226
01-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Download all DLC too
you wont be able to play with people who have it if you dont
and pretty much everyones gonna download it since its free. fixed my problems right away
and with this new patch matchmaking seemed to improve

STYJ
01-19-2011, 03:25 PM
i played 1 match in 1 and the half hours . then i managed to continually play it for the next 5 matches or so . But i raged hard because of a lagger that can't get killed . and his stun doesn't have an animation . and i don't lose him as my contract after he stuns me . oddly .

inkyjinx
01-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by STYJ:
i played 1 match in 1 and the half hours . then i managed to continually play it for the next 5 matches or so . But i raged hard because of a lagger that can't get killed . and his stun doesn't have an animation . and i don't lose him as my contract after he stuns me . oddly .

i don't know what to say. i have been playing nonstop since 2pm cst without a hiccup or lag.

i've also never seen any of the problems you're describing with animations and being 'locked' on a target.

i'm on ps3.

you might be having packet loss via your ISP. *shrug*

zain_mastron
01-19-2011, 03:48 PM
While I agree sometimes it's hard to get into games, there are a few tips to speed up the process:

1. While waiting for abstergo agents or searching for sessions, if the picture is not of a map of one of the levels after about 30 seconds - 1 minute, quit and try again.
I've always had a match start when the map shows up. It might take a little while but it start 90% of the time. When there is no map I've never had a match start. It'll just cycle there waiting for agents.

2. This will contradict the above point, but if you have the map screen and 6/6 - 8/8 agents but the game still isn't starting up after 30 seconds, once again quit. One of the players either has a bad connection or the game is just not registering everyone.

3. I know people have already done this and still had problems but opening up ports/port forwarding/DMZ to your PS3/Xbox really does help the majority of the time. Not just with this game but others as well.

4. Try again later. I know it sucks but sometimes it's just not working and best to turn off the machine or play a different game for 30 minutes, then come back and try again.

I know these tips won't work all the time and should have to be done to have a game work online, but unfortunately this is the best we can do at this time.

My major issue is lag at the moment. I feel that maybe the two issues (lag and finding a match/matchmaking) are related. Hopefully Ubisoft will sort it out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RogerRamjet99
01-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by STYJ:

That only happens when your bandwidth is contented, ie too much traffic. I have fibre, and it even happened on that at a really busy time (7pm GMT)

DannyStrong
01-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Always do rematches unless youre with a bad team and need a fresh one. I find that rematching only takes about a minute, but starting a fresh search for a game can take some time and some luck.

J4mes4125
01-19-2011, 04:54 PM
I seem to find more games depending on game mode and ranked or player.
If I choose player match all exept alliance are pretty quick Normal wanted is generally instant.
If I choose ranked I only ever seem to find manhunt quickly and all others take ages.

EQWashu
01-19-2011, 05:25 PM
just today getting in was a pain! I couldn't get into Manhunt or Wanted because the wait was over 5 minutes, and Chest capture took forever *if* I wasn't thrown into in-progress matches (I hate being thrown into the same in-prog match, it really ticks me off! I wish it could be optional)

dboates
01-19-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with the matchmaking. I've never had a problem with it being slow to join a match since I applied the 1.0 Update. Some people have problems, some don't, so I doubt it's a problem with the game.

It could either be a problem on the user's end (most likely) or maybe something that only affects specific servers.

If it's slow and finding a new game doesn't fix it, the problem is probably on your end.

hoserama99
01-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by DannyStrong:
Always do rematches unless youre with a bad team and need a fresh one. I find that rematching only takes about a minute, but starting a fresh search for a game can take some time and some luck.

This is my experience as well. The actual finding of a game is sometimes painful, but once in I tend to just "rematch" over and over and I'm good.

I've also noticed that a number of players I see in my games frequently have nicks that suggest they're local to my area (Phoenix metro), so I suspect there's some sort of ping/latency pairing built into the matchmaking such that it won't throw me into a game from the east coast if the ping is above, say, 100ms roundtrip.

STYJ
01-20-2011, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by inkyjinx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by STYJ:

i don't know what to say. i have been playing nonstop since 2pm cst without a hiccup or lag.

i've also never seen any of the problems you're describing with animations and being 'locked' on a target.

i'm on ps3.

you might be having packet loss via your ISP. *shrug* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

believe it or not , i think he was glitching . He didn't even die once and he can stun anyone head on . Like after he stunned me , i didn't lose the contract so i chased after him . and he stunned me again . I know how to kill someone . and it cannot be my bandwidth because i was playing at night . no one else was on then .