PDA

View Full Version : The greatest thing just happened today...

Dammerung
08-24-2005, 02:38 PM
Went up for a routine Flight lesson today, stayed in the pattern and practiced landings. After no. 4, my Instructor told me to park the Airplane in the Tie Down Area. "WTF!?", I thought. It had only been .6 on the HOBBS. He grabs my log book, signs my solo endorsement, and gets out of the aircraft. Whoa. So I taxi back to Runway 29, check for traffic. I keyed the Radio and said "Chester County Traffic, Cessna 730 is taking the active for Runway 29. Chester County." And then it hit me, that was the first time I'd said that without someone else in the cockpit. I push the Throttle in and realize a few things-

1) I'm really **** hot. Not that **** hot (Yet!), but very **** hot.
2) This _REALLY_ kicks ***.
3) Oh ****, there's about 150+ pounds missing, and I'm 2 hundred feet above where I should be for Crosswind, and 20 knots fast. ****. It was a homesick angel without my instructor in. Almost.
4) I'm STILL really **** hot.

So I go around, and end up 400 feet above the runway on final. Oops. Missed approach. Did 3 Nice ones after that, then, I swear, the FAA was out to get me, because 4 other aircraft came on the Radio. A Jet was spinning on up the ground, a King Air Turboprop was Crosswind and two miles out, a Cessna 150 is coming in Downwind, and another Cessna out 6 miles coming in on a 45. I eventually squeezed into the pattern, all 3 of us were about 500 feet apart from eachother. Kinda creepy. The guy in front of me did a short final, and the one behind me circled, while I extended my downwind- Certainly easier than merging on a highway!

Alas, I eventually made it on the ground for the last time today, and tied down the aircraft. God **** it, I won't be able to fly again till friday!!!

Dammerung
08-24-2005, 02:38 PM
Went up for a routine Flight lesson today, stayed in the pattern and practiced landings. After no. 4, my Instructor told me to park the Airplane in the Tie Down Area. "WTF!?", I thought. It had only been .6 on the HOBBS. He grabs my log book, signs my solo endorsement, and gets out of the aircraft. Whoa. So I taxi back to Runway 29, check for traffic. I keyed the Radio and said "Chester County Traffic, Cessna 730 is taking the active for Runway 29. Chester County." And then it hit me, that was the first time I'd said that without someone else in the cockpit. I push the Throttle in and realize a few things-

1) I'm really **** hot. Not that **** hot (Yet!), but very **** hot.
2) This _REALLY_ kicks ***.
3) Oh ****, there's about 150+ pounds missing, and I'm 2 hundred feet above where I should be for Crosswind, and 20 knots fast. ****. It was a homesick angel without my instructor in. Almost.
4) I'm STILL really **** hot.

So I go around, and end up 400 feet above the runway on final. Oops. Missed approach. Did 3 Nice ones after that, then, I swear, the FAA was out to get me, because 4 other aircraft came on the Radio. A Jet was spinning on up the ground, a King Air Turboprop was Crosswind and two miles out, a Cessna 150 is coming in Downwind, and another Cessna out 6 miles coming in on a 45. I eventually squeezed into the pattern, all 3 of us were about 500 feet apart from eachother. Kinda creepy. The guy in front of me did a short final, and the one behind me circled, while I extended my downwind- Certainly easier than merging on a highway!

Alas, I eventually made it on the ground for the last time today, and tied down the aircraft. God **** it, I won't be able to fly again till friday!!!

wayno7777
08-24-2005, 02:50 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

PBNA-Boosher
08-24-2005, 03:19 PM
isn't it great! I loved my first solo, wasn't nervous at all. I just gunned it.

I remember a crowded pattern when I soloed over to Trenton as well.

If it gets crowded at an uncontrolled airport, use slow flight to your advantage, open up the distance.

Dammerung
08-24-2005, 03:32 PM
I was nervous until I opened the throttle, then it's all "WHOA" from there.