PDA

View Full Version : Viewing other people's skins/paintschemes online

meowrsx
02-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Hi, if I make my own custom skin for a plane, where should I put it so that other people I fly with online can see it? I made a skin for the A6M5 and the spitfire, and put them in the same folders where i found the void.bmps. When I select them at the setup screen I can see them, but my friend says I look like the default skin.

meowrsx
02-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Hi, if I make my own custom skin for a plane, where should I put it so that other people I fly with online can see it? I made a skin for the A6M5 and the spitfire, and put them in the same folders where i found the void.bmps. When I select them at the setup screen I can see them, but my friend says I look like the default skin.

_VR_ScorpionWorm
02-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Make sure your friend has skin download checked on. this can be found under IL2Setup in your main FB folder or in the Main FB menu. If they are turned off your friend wont see your skins. Now, each skin is 1 MB in size, you PC has to upload the skin to the server, then your friends PC has to download the skin from the server and wait for FB to place it into its correct folder before he can see it. This can take anywhere from a few minutes to hours depending on connection and upload/download rate alongside what is going on with the server.

Weather_Man
02-16-2005, 04:50 PM
All skins go in the paintschemes folder. If the host or you have skin downloads disabled, other players on the server won't see it. It may also take several minutes in some cases for the skin to transfer and show up.

Joe-90
02-18-2005, 08:25 AM
Have a look in the netcache folder in IL2. Thats where downloaded skins are all saved with a system generated name.

Look at them in thumbnail view, some of the pilot skins are particularly amusing (if you are lucky, you may even have the 'naked lady' pilot skin downloaded http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )