PDA

View Full Version : Stop Action & Stuttering Problems

e2michaelb
12-18-2005, 10:05 AM
I am experiencing game "stuttering" or stop-action moments. They seem to occur when there are lots of 'planes in the sky, especially amid heavy flak (off-line, that is) How do I eliminate this? My stats are as follows:
CPU: Pentium 4 - 2.60Ghz
RAM: 1.00GB
HD Memory: 80GB (+/- 60GB available)
Video Card - Nvidia FX5700
OS - WinXP Home Edition w/Service Pack 2
Game: FB+AEP+PF v3.04 /Open GL / 1024x768
Most of my graphics and video settings are moderately high, but less than "Perfect".
I am a neophyte when it comes to setting up a computer, so please excuse what must seem a pretty simple question.

VVaFFenPanZZeR
12-18-2005, 10:48 AM
try using a differnent video card driver, that helps me when somthiong seems wrong

CvDart
12-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Try getting a quality board. The fx5700 isan entry level board and really not for serious gaming. You've probably heard it b4, you get what you pay for!!! Radeon X800XT platinum!! best card i ever bought and worth the 500 bucks!

stansdds
12-18-2005, 11:49 AM
The Nvidia 6800 GT's aren't too high right now and are probably the best for the money.

Dexmeister
12-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by CvDart:
Try getting a quality board. The fx5700 isan entry level board and really not for serious gaming. You've probably heard it b4, you get what you pay for!!! Radeon X800XT platinum!! best card i ever bought and worth the 500 bucks!

Ah yes, the good old theory that the solution to most of the world's problems is upgrading hardware....

Some other things that don't require spending money that may help:
-defrag the hard drive
-lower sound quality settings
-adjusting video settings and parameters
-lowering some video quality settings in control panel or your vid card config area
-make sure virus programs aren't running
-close unnecessary tasks that are running

Ritter_Cuda
12-18-2005, 02:20 PM
try what dex say then come here
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=951
Dl the latency tool i find have the vid card at 32 seem best for me but you can play with it make sure you have this program working on your computers start up window. did wonders for my online playing i never studder now and i'm stuck on dail up.
Cuda