PDA

View Full Version : Hartmann CHEATS?!

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 03:19 PM
Have I found some bizarre easter egg in the original IL-2? You decide: I was playing QMB, just me against the Hartmann Ace, he in his 109, me in my trusty Iron Dog (N1). I find this good practice for me as I'm still learning controlled turns, stepping on the ball, etc. So, it's a series of headon passes, him doing his floopy spirals after the passes, me extending to come around each time. I'm at the point where I can pretty consistently wear him down this way, and that's what I did last night. Here's where it gets weird:

On one pass, I get a good amount of lead into him and he starts smoking. Nice... so I'm giving chase, and he tries to crash land. I catch up to him just as he's about to touch down and I open up all weapons on him. He explodes just as he touches down... but I'm not sure if I did it, or the ground. So, out of curiosity I save a track and play it. I hit CTRL+F2 and I'm watching from his perspective. Pass, pass, pass, same as I remember, then I hit him... but there's no smoke. Odd... maybe a buggy track thing. No problem, I keep watching. THEN... he gets on my six and takes me OUT!! WTF?! Honest, I didn't even have one beer last night, and I KNOW he did not take me out once! But, why does my track state otherwise? Did Oleg & crew purposely make Bubbi invincible? >8)

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 03:19 PM
Have I found some bizarre easter egg in the original IL-2? You decide: I was playing QMB, just me against the Hartmann Ace, he in his 109, me in my trusty Iron Dog (N1). I find this good practice for me as I'm still learning controlled turns, stepping on the ball, etc. So, it's a series of headon passes, him doing his floopy spirals after the passes, me extending to come around each time. I'm at the point where I can pretty consistently wear him down this way, and that's what I did last night. Here's where it gets weird:

On one pass, I get a good amount of lead into him and he starts smoking. Nice... so I'm giving chase, and he tries to crash land. I catch up to him just as he's about to touch down and I open up all weapons on him. He explodes just as he touches down... but I'm not sure if I did it, or the ground. So, out of curiosity I save a track and play it. I hit CTRL+F2 and I'm watching from his perspective. Pass, pass, pass, same as I remember, then I hit him... but there's no smoke. Odd... maybe a buggy track thing. No problem, I keep watching. THEN... he gets on my six and takes me OUT!! WTF?! Honest, I didn't even have one beer last night, and I KNOW he did not take me out once! But, why does my track state otherwise? Did Oleg & crew purposely make Bubbi invincible? >8)

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 03:23 PM
Part of one track got 'spliced' into another somehow?

All the AI planes cheat, lol

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 03:35 PM
BBB462cid wrote:
- Part of one track got 'spliced' into another
- somehow?
-
- All the AI planes cheat, lol

Hehe... I doubt it. I only have one track of me & Hartmann. The rest are the ones that came with the game. Although, I guess anything's possible.

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 03:36 PM
BBB462cid wrote:
- somehow?
-

Yes! It happened to me all the time when saving tracks in the original IL2. Oh, yeah, all Aces do cheat. HartmannOnA-Slider cheat. (edit: the tracks that came with the game can get mixed up with user created tracks)
http://home.att.net/~C.C.Jordan/XP-39best.JPG

Death is just nature's way of telling you to watch your airspeed.

http://www.theinformationminister.com/press.php?ID=612345111

Message Edited on 07/17/0310:38AM by tsisqua

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 03:50 PM
Once my engine packed up just after a head-on merge with Hartmann, even though I was sure he hadn't hit me.

When I replayed the track I found he had sneaked into the hangar the previous night, poured an entire 1 kg bag of sugar into my fuel tank and pi**ed in my flying boots.

I hope this gets fixed in the patch.

Regards,

RocketDog.

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 03:52 PM
In the original IL2 all the tracks that came with the game just crash lol. This is because I upgraded right?

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 04:01 PM
Happened with IL2 all the time for me. It occurs when you use time compression while saving the track, specifically 4 and 8 x compression.

Apparently at times the game cannot keep up saving the track data and the compression so just 'makes it up' when it comes time to show the track.

http://www.redspar.com/redrogue/CraggerUbisig.jpg

About after 30 minutes I puked all over my airplane. I said to myself "Man, you made a big mistake." -Charles 'Chuck' Yeager, regards his first flight

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 04:05 PM
Seen this with the original IL-2 too.

The track got out of sync (it sometimes happens, possably due to use of time compression).
I had a track where you couls see me shoot into the blue and finally the AI got me in the track.

<center>
<table><tr><td colspan=3>
http://www.1java.org/images/sigs/1java-sh.jpg
</td></tr>
<tr><th align="left">
1e Jachtvliegtuig afdeeling (http://www.1java.org)
</th>
<th>My skins (http://www.il2skins.com/?action=list&authoridfilter=1.JaVA_Serval)</th>
<th>
Skinner's heaven (http://www.1java.org/sh)</th></tr></table>
</center>

Cpt.LoneRanger
07-17-2003, 04:05 PM
BBB462cid wrote:
- somehow?
-
- All the AI planes cheat, lol

He's right. Reality settings doesn't count for AI planes. No, red/blackouts, no stalls, no damage to airframe by high speeds, etc.

Same is for you Autopilot, to make things even /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Just look back in this forum. There are SOME post about this topic!

greets
Cpt.LoneRanger

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 04:11 PM
Also,

Did you by chance upgrade your version of IL-2 in between the time you shot him down and then viewed the track?

I had the same thing happen:

I was on 1.2 and exact same thing for me. Against Hartmann ace but in Q-10. After a couple passes I wore him down, and then he tried to crash land I dropped flaps and then blew him away with the 37mm cannon.

When I sent the track to someone who was on version 1.0 the track had me going into an uncontrolled spin and crashing into the ground.

Hardly what happened.

Bottom line: (and will likely be the same for FB patch when it comes out)

Tracks will only play back correctly if they're recorded using the same version as they're played back on.

Hope this helps.

lil'

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 04:29 PM
RCAF_lilseed wrote:
- Did you by chance upgrade your version of IL-2 in
- between the time you shot him down and then viewed
- the track?

Nah, I saved the track and played it immediately after. And I've been patched to 1.2 for weeks.

Someone mentioned time compression. That makes sense. I didn't use compression, when recording, but I certainly did use it in between passes to speed up viewing. I suppose if the track can't handle it, it sort of lets the AI "take over" to end the track "gracefully" rather than crash out or something. Very interesting >8)

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 04:29 PM
Blind-SC- wrote:
- I KNOW he
- did not take me out once! But, why does my track
- state otherwise?
-
-

You just have to live with it. Winners write the history. If IL-2's track tells things opposite way; that is a minor thing /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 04:36 PM
Kannaksen_hanu wrote:
- You just have to live with it. Winners write the
- history. If IL-2's track tells things opposite way;
- that is a minor thing

Hehehe... well, I can tell you one thing... when I get my Afterburner II back from Guillemot this weekend (pitch slipped and they're replacing it) Hartmann's *** will be like newly mown grass!! Which is... short, and green? Never really understood that phrase. But you get my point! And I may evenlet his old friend Novotny try and help him out!! Ha! I'll exhume that sonofabiatch! And straight back into the deck! >8)

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 04:44 PM
Actually the whole track is 'letting the AI take over'. Tracks do not record what you see on your screen, it records your control inputs (thus the relatively tiny size of tracks). During replay these control inputs are run through again, and the AI being what it is (artificial inteligence) simply 'flies against' you again, doing the same things as before. An ingenious system, but time compression (or pausing) can cause your control inputs to become 'out of sync' thus changing how the AI reacts thus changing the outcome of the track.

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 04:48 PM
ZG77_Lignite wrote:
- Actually the whole track is 'letting the AI take
- over'. Tracks do not record what you see on your
- screen, it records your control inputs (thus the
- relatively tiny size of tracks). During replay
- these control inputs are run through again, and the
- AI being what it is (artificial inteligence) simply
- 'flies against' you again, doing the same things as
- before. An ingenious system, but time compression
- (or pausing) can cause your control inputs to become
- 'out of sync' thus changing how the AI reacts thus
- changing the outcome of the track.

Aha! See, now this makes perfect sense. Thanks Lignite!

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 04:49 PM
I had the same . I made saved a track after quik mission. in that mission I killede 3 planes, but when I played it igen I was flying around and shooting nothing, just the air, and got shot down later/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif LOL I was just WTF!! HOW!! LOL thats funny bug/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 05:06 PM
RCAF lilseed wrote:

"Tracks will only play back correctly if they're recorded using the same version as they're played back on."

Not always true!! I saved a track of me shooting down two PE-8's in a Brewster right after I got FB. Now when I pla it back, it shows me shooting only air. The Pe-8's get away. But yet FB has not been patched yet. So why did my track get screwed up??? Smae version, but it still messed up!!!!

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 05:11 PM
I have a track of some Pe-8's and Il-2's attacking German ships in a harbor. It's interesting, because it plays out differently every time I play the track http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 05:15 PM
I've been flying mostly Bf109 (I'm a noob). So I started a campaign with FW-190. Since I was trying to fly it like a 109, it was a real dog (I know, I know all about it now), but the firepower was awesome by comparison. I chewed up several planes the first mission (including two I-16s!). So I saved the track. In the replay, I fire into blank space, then go into a stall and crash. This was not anything like what happened in my fake reality. Maybe FB was telling me, "noob, this is what _should_ have happened!"

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 05:29 PM
When replaying a track let it play one time from the pit. Dont switch to externals or mess with time. After its finished you can go back and manipulate the views etc. FB still does this from time to time. This has been the only solution I have found. This is especially true if you play tracks sent to you from others.

Tracks are'nt getting mixed. Your plane flys the same route and shots at where the plane was when you were recording but the enemy AI now flys how he sees fit. Kind of like your plane is on a programed flight and the enemy is free to have his way with you.

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 05:38 PM
Blind-SC

Before you get yourself all puffed up. The only difference between the Hartmann AI, and the regular one , is the skin. The real Hartmann would never do a headon with you. You wouldn't even see him until you died../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Da Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<center>
http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto1/anderson3.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 05:48 PM
ZG77_Lignite wrote:

"Actually the whole track is 'letting the AI take over'. Tracks do not record what you see on your screen, it records your control inputs (thus the relatively tiny size of tracks). During replay these control inputs are run through again, and the AI being what it is (artificial inteligence) simply 'flies against' you again, doing the same things as before. An ingenious system, but time compression (or pausing) can cause your control inputs to become 'out of sync' thus changing how the AI reacts thus changing the outcome of the track. "

Correct of course, I was looking down the list to see who`d come out with the correct answer.

One more point: This problem is now a thing of the past with IL2/FB. It does sometimes fail to play, but not often.

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 06:41 PM
Yeah its a bug, it has happened ot me a few times.

I think what is going on is the recordings are somehow turning into actuall missions. not a recording if you know what i mean.

I did one with 4 109G2s and 4 La's. Everything looked ok in the recording but then suddenly everything changed into a regular mission, in other words,it forgot that it was playing a recording and started just doin a regular non recorded dogfight. At least thats what i thinked happened.

Just one of the many bugs in this game!

http://www.jenniferhart.com/beavisb12k.jpg

P4-2.4Gig
1GigPC2100 DDR Ram
SoyoDragon Ulrtra Mobo
8X AGP Slot
GF-4Ti4600pny
20"Monitor
40GigHD
58xCDRW-Drive
DVDRom-Drive
SB-Live 5.1
DX-9.0
XP-PRO
So he tells me, "I ban the Me262 cause its turn rate is over modeled and it dosnt stall"... Then he takes off from his base in a Hurricane.

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 07:16 PM
BuzzU wrote:
- Blind-SC
-
- Before you get yourself all puffed up. The only
- difference between the Hartmann AI, and the regular
- one , is the skin. The real Hartmann would never do
- a headon with you. You wouldn't even see him until
- you died..

Hehe... too true, Buzz! Headons are getting boring in the P-39. I need to learn more about getting on six and staying there, and getting someone off of mine when there. I thought the Ace AI would help more there, but they seem to want to do head ons all day if I extend >8\

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 07:36 PM
The AI are happy to do headons all day. I refuse to do them, and just climb away from them.

Da Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<center>
http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto1/anderson3.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 09:06 PM
Heck yeah, Hartmann cheats! I was playing a quick mission with him once, and he chewed me up pretty badly. With a gaping hole in my right wing, rudder shot off, and the engine on fire, punching out was my only option. I popped the canopy, rolled the plane over...and stayed right where I was. Only then did I notice that the photograph of my beloved on my instrument panel had been replaced by a picture of Hartmann himself, in a mechanic's outfit, squeezing a tube of something onto the seat of my plane. That sneaky b@stard had superglued me to my seat! As I struggled to free myself, he flew beneath my inverted bird, looked up, and flashed me a cheesy grin and a roll of Mentos. Even though I knew I had nothing to look forward to but searing death, I had to admit, it was pretty funny.

---
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who can count in binary, and those who can't.
(If I knew who said that first, I'd give credit here.)

HL callsign: Ctrl_Eeee, the guy you just shot down

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 10:36 PM
I don't know how good the P-51 really was.
Or the 190 for that mutter.
I do know this.
HARTMAN IS UNDERMODELED!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<center>http://users.compulink.gr/ilusin@e-free.gr/bf109[2)1.jpg