PDA

View Full Version : Stutter, Freeze-up in Perfect at Pearl Harbor..Help!

drsmith
11-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Just installed FB-AEP-PF on my new rig with a GForce 6800. Everytning looked great until I flew a Quick Mission to Pearl Harbor. Upon nearing the target area, it seemed everything became slow motion..like a slide show..with no real control over the aircraft. I guess that is a frame-rate problem, correct? I don't even know how to determine what the frame rate is, nor how I might adjust it. I am running in High, Excellent and Perfect settings and the water looks wonderful. I tried the mission in Excellent, rather thatn Perfect, and the water was blue/black and the scenery at Pearl was so dark that I could hardly identify anything. I love the water and scenery in Perfect but the missions to Pearl are unplayable. Any suggestions that a "noobie" might understand and handle to solve this problem?

drsmith
11-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Just installed FB-AEP-PF on my new rig with a GForce 6800. Everytning looked great until I flew a Quick Mission to Pearl Harbor. Upon nearing the target area, it seemed everything became slow motion..like a slide show..with no real control over the aircraft. I guess that is a frame-rate problem, correct? I don't even know how to determine what the frame rate is, nor how I might adjust it. I am running in High, Excellent and Perfect settings and the water looks wonderful. I tried the mission in Excellent, rather thatn Perfect, and the water was blue/black and the scenery at Pearl was so dark that I could hardly identify anything. I love the water and scenery in Perfect but the missions to Pearl are unplayable. Any suggestions that a "noobie" might understand and handle to solve this problem?

Von_Zero
11-11-2004, 03:22 AM
check antialiasing and anisotropic filtering in ur driver's control panel, also see this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=49310655&m=4501076732