PDA

View Full Version : locational torpedo aiming

cammando429
05-07-2005, 09:34 PM
I've noticed while you are playing the torpedo training when you go into the recognition manual it shows where certain compartments are in the ship(engine room, rudder, ammo bunker, etc.), whats with this, can you do this in the regular game to figure out the ships weak spots?

C_Flaro
05-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Yep, that what if is used for. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ARM505
05-07-2005, 11:59 PM
Those 'weak spots' only display under certain conditions. Get to a decent range (under 1000m at least), perpendicular to tgt course, and with minimum change required for the torpedo gyro. Lock the tgt, and once its pretty much in front of you, they should display in the recog manual. Select a point, fire. One shot kills are the norm on anything up to C3's etc. The ships basically disintegrate if you aim for the fuel bunkers! Not sure how realistic that is, but you can work wonders with a VII's torpedo load alone! (60000 tons on last patrol in VIIb, torpedo's only. Could still have been more, but fired some spreads at convoys). I'm not sure of the EXACT requirements to get the spots to display, but the above should pretty much do it.

alanschu
05-08-2005, 12:16 AM
There's a weakspot analysis built into the game???

Or does this require a mod to see?

Hyper_Fish
05-08-2005, 01:43 AM
I'm not sure if aiming for the keel of the target lines you up for a magnetic torp attack. Never tried it. Never had a torp to waste...