PDA

View Full Version : Basic questions about the multiplay

mattinen
10-26-2005, 01:29 AM
I have two computers connected by cross over cable, and I'm now ready for some serious LANing, (FP+AEP+PF 3.04) but there is some dark clouds in the sky. Perhapse some of you good sirs might be able to give me a helping stick.

1. Creating a server

Like it says in the IL-2 manual, I have chosen Multiplayer in the Main Menu, and then Create New Server. According to the manual, you should now be able to proceed to the following items:

* Name of the server - OK
* Game type - OK
* Max players - OK
* Password - OK
* Description - No can do! There is no item called "Description", and therefore I'm not able to choose the map, time, weather and other conditions. It says in the manual that you launch the Pacific Fighters integrated server. I wonder if this has something to do with my problems. Have I missed some particular launching?

2. Creating multiplayer missions

Firstly the maps. Because only some of the maps are called "online" you can't use the others with online game, can you? Secondly, in the manual it says that "you should create spawn points and choose a corresponding colour for them". What are these spawn points and how do you create them? And how do you use FMB maps in multiplay?

As you can probably see, I'm a bit confused with this. That's why I would really appreciate some simple step by step advice. How do you put up a multiplayer (LAN) dogfight for two planes? My wishlist is this:

Map: Online1 summer
Time: 12:00
Weather: clear
Flak: no thank you

nakamura_kenji
10-26-2005, 02:04 AM
can all map use online. call online map as no realistic enough be use real single mission but work nice online normal map still able use online ^_^

hope somone else able help other point

Friendly_flyer
10-26-2005, 03:27 AM
The online maps has fewer objects for smother online playing, otherwise they are no different from the regular maps.

dazza9806482
10-26-2005, 05:41 AM
ok, theres lots of guides available, but i will answer ur simple setup request, since i used exactly that for a simple df.

first open up Full Mission Builder from the main menu. this program can be a bit daunting, but its not really.

then go to load map and select the map u want.

then select the object menu. this is were u chose the type of object u want to place.

in this case scroll down to the bottom of the list, past aircraft, objects etc and select home base marker.

now the fun bit, have a look at the map and decide where to place ur bases. u can zoom by draggin the vertical scroll bar on the right...

to place a home base marker hold crtl and left click over a suitable airfield u can find.

there is a method to build a temporary airfield, but just stick to the existing ones. make sure u pay attention to the distance between them.....

now the important thing to notice in FMB is that after placing an object or selecting something, right click once and select 'unselect' (i think). basically this allows u to make changes to an object and then move to the next without altering the previous one.

the last step is to select each base u have placed by left clicking on it and then going to its object menu to give it some attributes. here u can select the colour designation of the base, so for example one red and one blue. u can also for a dogfight map choose which planes are available- all by default.

remember once u have adjusted the first home base marker, right click and unselect before selecting the other....

then u can set conditions such as time and clouds from the menu at the top. u can also write a nice description in this menu.

finally save the map in the approriate folder so u can play it online. the appropriate folder is in mission/net/dogfight/ and then 1,2 or 3 (up to u!)

then when u come to play use the normal startup , and go into the folder u saved yr new map in and play away!

this is all from memory so im sure there is gaps, but it should work for a simple DF server......

hopefully someones will post a link to the guides, but maybe ur not arsed about all that!

mattinen
10-26-2005, 08:31 AM
Okei, thanks. Let's see if I can manage this. But I must say though that the Il-Manual is somewhat incomplete for us simple simons.