PDA

View Full Version : Dates clarification...

Abeonis
06-15-2010, 08:01 AM
I've scoured all the posts with 'Brotherhood' or any derivative thereof and have found nothing on this, however I apologise if this has already been asked, but down to business.

I believe there is some confusion over the dates in this game. A hell of a lot of people are saying this game takes place after the events of ACII, whereas I'm under the impression that they take place during the events of ACII. Let me explain.

The new E3 gameplay demo takes place in 1499, with Mario alive and well until the end; the E3 CG demo depicts Ezio and his Assassins targeting one of the Borgias (i'm under the impression he was going for Rodrigo, others say Cesare... the trailer is ambiguous as to whom he's after); this suggest that these events took place before Ezio battle Rodrigo at the Vault.

So basically, I'm working on the understanding that this is how things progressed --> ACII: Ezio meets with Mario and the other Assassins at the Villa, and they unclock the Codex --> AC:B: Cesare attacks Monteriggioni, kills Mario and takes the Apple --> AC:B: the new game takes place --> ACII: Ezio finds a way into the Sistine Chapel through the roof, and travels along the Passetto di Borgo, engages Rodrigo, enters he Vault. Fin.

If i'm wrong, I would gladly accept some evidence of this. But clarificaiton of any kind would be greatly appreciated.

Murcuseo
06-15-2010, 08:13 AM
I'm confused how you managed to come to that conclusion, at the start of sequence 14 you talk to Mario just before you head to Rome... with the apple...

the year IS 1499 but Mario is still alive and you have the apple.

itsamea-mario
06-15-2010, 08:14 AM
well, first off, you see the altair armour get ruined in the E3 demo, and in the fight with rodrigo, it is possible to wear it.
also you see cesare take the apple off mario, yet in the fight with rodrigo ezio clearly has the apple.

Abeonis
06-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
I'm confused how you managed to come to that conclusion, at the start of sequence 14 you talk to Mario just before you head to Rome... with the apple...

Did you read what I wrote? I clearly said that Ezio and the Assassins meet, whilst Mario is alive. [i]After[i/] that, Cesare attacks the city, kills Mario and takes the Apple.

Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
well, first off, you see the altair armour get ruined in the E3 demo, and in the fight with rodrigo, it is possible to wear it.
also you see cesare take the apple off mario, yet in the fight with rodrigo ezio clearly has the apple.

Just to point out, Altair's armour is, by nature, pretty much indestructible, so I doubt the cannon ball would have damaged it much. So he could easily have not had time to put it on during the battle, but took it with him to Rome afterwards.

Murcuseo
06-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:

Did you read what I wrote? I clearly said that Ezio and the Assassins meet, whilst Mario is alive. [i]After[i/] that, Cesare attacks the city, kills Mario and takes the Apple.

Originally posted by itsamea-mario:

Just to point out, Altair's armour is, by nature, pretty much indestructible, so I doubt the cannon ball would have damaged it much. So he could easily have not had time to put it on during the battle, but took it with him to Rome afterwards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait, so what you're saying is the end of ACII is really the end of AC:B and vise versa?

You think we've already played the end of a game that hasn't been released yet?

Is that about right?

Just to make this clear, you battle Roderigo Borgia in 1499 in the Chapel, the CG trailer at E3 was in 1503...

samward
06-15-2010, 08:50 AM
ummm haha yeah I am pretty confused how this conclusion was made as well. As we know from AC2 the villa were Mario lives is also Ezio's home. So I am kinda confused to why you would think it strange him being there. Anyway at the end of AC2 he HAS the apple as he has rescued it from that crazy monk and brought it back to the villa where he finds the map on the back of the codex pages. this map leads him to the Vatican where he goes with the apple to face Borgia. Borgia takes the apple and disappears beneath the Vatican where the vault is. There Ezio nearly strangles Borgia but decided to leave him clinging on to life and "recaptures" the apple to enter the temple. From the demo show at E3 I think it is safe to assume that after the vault he heads home to the villa where Mario is waiting for him. But the Borgias being angered by Ezio and how he has laid ruin to their plans attack him at his villa. Then later in 1503 (as the start of the new trailer states) he and his new merry band of assassins go to confront his arch enemy once again. The story is really very linear and easy to follow.

samward
06-15-2010, 08:53 AM
another short note:

Remember that there is a LOT i am sure that happens between the E3 demon till the new trailer content..there could be all sorts of explanations to why some one does or does not have certain things or motives behind what they are doing...

phil.llllll
06-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
Just to point out, Altair's armour is, by nature, pretty much indestructible, so I doubt the cannon ball would have damaged it much. So he could easily have not had time to put it on during the battle, but took it with him to Rome afterwards.

Maybe indestructible but it looks like the upper left portion got unlinked and carried away by the canon ball. Not to mention they probably sacked the place after Ezio went unconcscious and took whatever was left. A good enough explanation as any as to why we won't have it in Brotherhood.

Azugo
06-17-2010, 06:34 PM
@Abeonis: Yeah, not sure how you came to that conclusion lol.

The CG Trailer is based in AC: B, not before AC2. You only have to look at Ezio's beard to realise that!

By the way, this topic should probably have a *SPOILER* title on it.