PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally deleted saved game - can it be restored?

GIJeff23
12-10-2011, 05:14 PM
I accidentally deleted my saved game/profile on ACR for XBox 360... any way to restore it? Is it stored online, or in a recycle bin or something? Not very familiar with how the XBox works.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Saves for games are not stored online unless you are using the Cloud storage, even then if you delete the save game it is gone and you will need to re-play.

Heartist_of_All
12-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by GIJeff23:
I accidentally deleted my saved game/profile on ACR for XBox 360... any way to restore it? Is it stored online, or in a recycle bin or something? Not very familiar with how the XBox works.

***Content removed

Please don't post if you can't be constructive - Fair warning.

GIJeff23
12-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Troll? What are you talking about? It was a legitimate question.

Thanks, Ubi-Mush. I was about 75% through the game, too. Frustrating.

pacmanate
12-11-2011, 01:12 PM
He isn't a troll thats a valid question if he doesn't know how the xbox works. My question is how did you manage to delete it, there is normally a warning like "are you sure you want to delete" or something

GIJeff23
12-11-2011, 03:57 PM
I accidentally bumped X to delete the profile, but I didn't realize that's what I did and I quickly pressed A before the "Are you sure you wana delete..." screen popped up - just hit the buttons too fast.

Bad213Boy
04-25-2012, 12:09 AM
If you play the game offline, your saved games are stored in your user folder. To make the game play offline, go under the Ubisoft Game Launcher settings and check offline. I noticed that when you delete a saved game profile that the files extensions get changed to 2.save.deleted and 2.save.metadata.deleted. Remove ".deleted" at the end of the files name and you should be good to go.

Captain Max D
01-21-2013, 07:47 PM
I have a Xbox 360 Kinect with the built in hard drive. I was playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations and was doing The Lost Archive, but I didn't want it to save at that moment so I went to it and deleted it, but it deleted The Lost Archive and the main story mode. I immediately went to the home screen and checked my storage, but it wasn't there. I then turned it off. Can that be recovered? I keep hearing about the Datel Xport software. Does it work?

EmptyCrustacean
01-22-2015, 03:25 PM
Interesting. So how does that work with Nomad? If you start a new game whilst halfway through the companion app will all the boxes and missions that have unlocked be available to open in game?

Jackdaw951
01-22-2015, 07:32 PM
The Xbox 360 is about 1000% better than the Xbox One when it comes to file management. It is also exactly infinitely better than the One for backing up your save-game data (because the One has zero capability for user-controlled backups). I highly recommend a second and even a third alternate storage device for your system. USB 2.0 memory sticks are cheap. (At up to 32 GB apiece, you'll get a lot of extra game storage too.) Then copy your game saves to one or the other once a day. I recommend alternating between one and the other, so you always have 2 different backup times, in case one file becomes corrupt.

I know this doesn't help you now, but hopefully, it will prevent another such catastrophe in the future.