PDA

View Full Version : altairs death in revelations?

edzilla_551
06-29-2011, 12:52 AM
i know this can be a possibility, ive always wondered how altair died, it would be awesome if we see him die in ACR http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

maxerx180
06-29-2011, 01:12 AM
Why would that be awesome?

popcorn ninja15
06-29-2011, 01:13 AM
he is my favourite assassin i hope dies but takes out 50 templars first http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

jonny5isalive15
06-29-2011, 01:26 AM
I think this to because I have read the new assassin's creed book: the secret crusade and it tells you things that happened to Altair after the first assassins creed.
**spoilers from here on**
At the end of the book Altair is about 90 years old. Masyaf get stormed by the mongols. Altair gives Niccolo Polo the codex (which is then taken from him by the Templars). Altair stays behind in Masyaf. I think he believes that he wants to die in the same place as he was born. My prediction is that his death will be him fighting to his death against the Mongols.

**my prediction for the ending to Altair**
My perfect ending to Altair would be Altair on the top of the tower that has the wooden boards and swarms of soldiers come in attacking and surrounding Altair. He fights as many as he can, a sword slashes at his arm wounding him. He falls to his knees, we think it is the end of Altair when the leader of the mongols comes in. He goes up to Altair and says "you pathetic man, you have no chance against us"
Altair raises his head and says "it wasn't them i wanted to kill but you" at this moment Altair sticks his hidden blade into the leader. By doing this he has signed his own death warrant as the soldiers surrounding him get closer to him about to strike but the camera zooms out to the distance to the landscape and an eagle flies over. I think this would be an amazing end to Altair and would make me really sad to see him go. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

edzilla_551
06-29-2011, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by maxerx180:
Why would that be awesome?

because it would be epic, but i admit it would be sad also http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Eric_490
06-29-2011, 01:38 AM
He should be pushed to a cliff or ledge by a swarm of mongols and right before they reach him he backs up to the edge and does a backwards leap of faith. But we don't see where he lands or if he survives.

I think a supposed death but not actually seen death would be better, and more epic.

JJTHoukes
06-29-2011, 02:14 AM
Not to be a buzzkill,...
But it's impossible.

Unless we see Alta´rs death trough his son's eyes.
Because, you know.. that's how the animus works.

an-assassin
06-29-2011, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by ThyMolizzo:
Not to be a buzzkill,...
But it's impossible.

Unless we see Alta´rs death trough his son's eyes.
Because, you know.. that's how the animus works. .

No. The memorys arent seen through the animus. They are seen through Ezio that used some seals to se him.

EmmaBemma
06-29-2011, 02:38 AM
^ True, we don't know how the seals will work. My hunch is they will work like a TWCB-version of the animus - the original animus that provided the inspiration for the 21st century Templars. I hope so anyway. I want them to keep the TWCB as a more advanced human-race, appearing god-like and magical to us but not actually being magical.

eagleforlife1
06-29-2011, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by jonny5isalive15:
I think this to because I have read the new assassin's creed book: the secret crusade and it tells you things that happened to Altair after the first assassins creed.
At the end of the book Altair is about 90 years old. Masyaf get stormed by the mongols. Altair gives Niccolo Polo the codex (which is then taken from him by the Templars). Altair stays behind in Masyaf. I think he believes that he wants to die in the same place as he was born. My prediction is that his death will be him fighting to his death against the Mongols.

My perfect ending to Altair would be Altair on the top of the tower that has the wooden boards and swarms of soldiers come in attacking and surrounding Altair. He fights as many as he can, a sword slashes at his arm wounding him. He falls to his knees, we think it is the end of Altair when the leader of the mongols comes in. He goes up to Altair and says "you pathetic man, you have no chance against us"
Altair raises his head and says "it wasn't them i wanted to kill but you" at this moment Altair sticks his hidden blade into the leader. By doing this he has signed his own death warrant as the soldiers surrounding him get closer to him about to strike but the camera zooms out to the distance to the landscape and an eagle flies over. I think this would be an amazing end to Altair and would make me really sad to see him go. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I would give up on the series if he's 90-something and doing that.

iN3krO
06-29-2011, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonny5isalive15:

I would give up on the series if he's 90-something and doing that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, with 86 (or anything like that) he used the hidden gun to kill Abba :O and if altair goes to that tower, kills mongol leader with hidden gun, puts all the weapons and armor off and do a last leap of faith :O

I would prefer seeing altair doing a leap of faith into a river rather than seeing him dying from a blade http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

jonny5isalive15
06-29-2011, 04:30 AM
i want to see him dye fighting with honour. It would be so much better http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

knightshad0w
06-29-2011, 05:45 AM
It's likely that we will see Ezio die too, since we did see his birth and we have played through most of his life.

Abeonis
06-29-2011, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by knightshad0w:
It's likely that we will see Ezio die too, since we did see his birth and we have played through most of his life.

I'm actually getting sick of people saying we're going to see Ezio die, we won't, it's impossible! The only way we could ever, ever, see Ezio die is if he just so happened to die of a heart-attack brought on from a combination of old age and stress from his "grand finale" in bed with the misses!

As for Alta´r, we won't see him die in the games because it would directly contradict about a third of the new book.

eagleforlife1
06-29-2011, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonny5isalive15:

I would give up on the series if he's 90-something and doing that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, with 86 (or anything like that) he used the hidden gun to kill Abba :O and if altair goes to that tower, kills mongol leader with hidden gun, puts all the weapons and armor off and do a last leap of faith :O

I would prefer seeing altair doing a leap of faith into a river rather than seeing him dying from a blade http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can accept 86 years old and firing a gun. I haven't got a problem with that. But 90-something and fighting off swarms of enemies, I'm sorry but that is just ridiculous.

iN3krO
06-29-2011, 07:49 AM
@eagleforlife1

I think u have misunderstood me, think about altair, 4 years latter he had killed Abba, with nothing to lose (maria and malik are death), he just puts his arm in position and shot for one last time (from the stronghold from ac1 start to the place where roberto was standing), enemies would start scaling the stronghold and Altair would just do a last leap of faith but instead of getting to the normal place, he would jump to the river (oh yeah, altair's legs are just ok dude xD).

Even if he doesn't do the leap of faith, it wouldn't be unrealistic at all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

scope2005
06-29-2011, 09:00 AM
The last entry of the codex in AC2 is of an old Altair, not feeling ready to leave this world and looking to the apple for possible ways to prolong his life... or perhaps even immortalise himself.

WHAT IF - He found a way to prolong his life?

Perhaps not in body, but his mind? WHAT IF - he found a way to transfer his consciousness into a seal or other device?

When we see "Those who came before", they appear as holograms... are these pre-recorded messages with answers for every possible question? OR are they more than that?

ARE they the souls/consciousnesses of TWCB, stored within the devices in the tombs themselves? Could the apple have revealed to Altair how to do this to himself when faced with his death at old age?

Subject 17 certainly found a way to transfer his consciousness into the animus core stolen from abstergo, how else would he appear to desmond and talk to him in ACB inside the animus?

Not to say this is definately what Altair did its just an idea... but wouldn't it be crazy if we find a tomb with a seal that contains altair himself in digital format?

CRUDFACE
06-29-2011, 10:00 AM
If the data is premade, then we won't get to see that, right? Not through the seals anyway.

Originally posted by scope2005:
The last entry of the codex in AC2 is of an old Altair, not feeling ready to leave this world and looking to the apple for possible ways to prolong his life... or perhaps even immortalise himself.

WHAT IF - He found a way to prolong his life?

Perhaps not in body, but his mind? WHAT IF - he found a way to transfer his consciousness into a seal or other device?

When we see "Those who came before", they appear as holograms... are these pre-recorded messages with answers for every possible question? OR are they more than that?

ARE they the souls/consciousnesses of TWCB, stored within the devices in the tombs themselves? Could the apple have revealed to Altair how to do this to himself when faced with his death at old age?

Subject 17 certainly found a way to transfer his consciousness into the animus core stolen from abstergo, how else would he appear to desmond and talk to him in ACB inside the animus?

Not to say this is definately what Altair did its just an idea... but wouldn't it be crazy if we find a tomb with a seal that contains altair himself in digital format?

Isn't that the whole point of revelations. Pre-recorded stuff in the seals?

You mean Subject 16, not 17, right?

Conniving_Eagle
06-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by jonny5isalive15:

I don't think a 90-year-old man would bother putting up a fight. I'm not discrediting your idea. But I think Altair will end peacefully. I'm not sure if it was before the Mongols raided Masyaf, but the last thing Altair apparantly did in the Codex was look into the apple. At 90-years-old one can barely run, not to mention at that age he'd have gotten arthiritis from all the ledge grabbing and climbing.

eagleforlife1
06-29-2011, 10:11 AM
To be honest I think keeping your body active actually prevents arthritis rather than causes it.

Conniving_Eagle
06-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
To be honest I think keeping your body active actually prevents arthritis rather than causes it.

Well, the funny thing about Arthirits, is most people don't even know how you really get it. Anyone who says you'll get it if you crack your knuckels is an idiot. My friend is 27 and he has Arthiritis. Do you know how he got it? He worked as a chef for every day of his life for 5 years. He didn't eat junkfood everyday, but he wasn't on a strict diet either. You can get Arthiritis geneteically, from eating poorly(when you're older), and from using you're hands to much. Parkouring across rooftops is perfectly fine and possible, but I imagine that climbing huge monuments and hanging off of ledges all day can be very stressful for your hands. Then again, I don't know how often Assassin's do it. But then again, I guess gloves make it less painful. I know it's a video-game BTW.

eagleforlife1
06-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by ConnivingEagle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:

Well, the funny thing about Arthirits, is most people don't even know how you really get it. Anyone who says you'll get it if you crack your knuckels is an idiot. My friend is 27 and he has Arthiritis. Do you know how he got it? He worked as a chef for every day of his life for 5 years. He didn't eat junkfood everyday, but he wasn't on a strict diet either. You can get Arthiritis geneteically, from eating poorly(when you're older), and from using you're hands to much. Parkouring across rooftops is perfectly fine and possible, but I imagine that climbing huge monuments and hanging off of ledges all day can be very stressful for your hands. Then again, I don't know how often Assassin's do it. But then again, I guess gloves make it less painful. I know it's a video-game BTW. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I know you definitely don't get arthrities by cracking knuckles as proven by Dr. Donald Unger. However, I'm not a doctor at all but surely regular use of the body would prevent your bones from becoming stiff. If they're used to regularly being moved they would be unable to settle into a fixed position.

kriegerdesgottes
06-29-2011, 12:16 PM
I am almost 100% positive he will die in the year 1257. He would first of all be 92 years old which is about how old alex amancio said he would be when he dies. Secondly 1257 is the year the mongols destroyed the assassin order at alamut. Spoilers! and the book seems to kind of hint that it will be his last stand. I don't know if he dies by them though.