PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions About The On Line GAme - Anyone Help?

Realjambo
05-09-2006, 12:50 PM
I really want to get in to this, and today I made a little progress but no success. I have a few questions that hopefully someone here can answer. I'd be reall gratefull.

1. What is the 'Ping' - is it something about connection strength or something? Does it matter?

2. I have turned off my Firewall, and when I join a game and it starts to load, it gets to 'initialising' and then it crashes. Can anyone tell me why this happens?

3. Lastly, what do the multiplayer games consist of? I mean are you trying to kill the other submarines? or do you work together to sink convoys and attack ports?

Thanks in advance, I hope some one can help me out here!

Realjambo
05-09-2006, 12:50 PM
I really want to get in to this, and today I made a little progress but no success. I have a few questions that hopefully someone here can answer. I'd be reall gratefull.

1. What is the 'Ping' - is it something about connection strength or something? Does it matter?

2. I have turned off my Firewall, and when I join a game and it starts to load, it gets to 'initialising' and then it crashes. Can anyone tell me why this happens?

3. Lastly, what do the multiplayer games consist of? I mean are you trying to kill the other submarines? or do you work together to sink convoys and attack ports?

Thanks in advance, I hope some one can help me out here!

Celeon999
05-09-2006, 01:15 PM
I can only answer 2 questions.

1. The ping is like the ping you know from sonar. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It determines how fast a signal your computers sends somewhere comes back to you.

That means : a low ping means a good and fast connection a big ping means the opposite.

Lower is always better.

3. You attack convoys with others (Wolfpack) but some guys think its fun to attack other subs. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

U9_Erwin
05-24-2006, 04:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">2. I have turned off my Firewall, and when I join a game and it starts to load, it gets to 'initialising' and then it crashes. Can anyone tell me why this happens? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I remember correctly, this happens when:
1 You use a different patch then the host, or
2 The host uses mods that you don't have.