PDA

View Full Version : Hanging Kill

Skaevola
11-18-2007, 01:08 AM
In the very earliest trailers it clearly depicted Altair leaping on soldiers to assassinate them. It was one of the things that originally attracted me to the game, so, of course, I wanted to try it.

I have now finished the game, and I have been trying the entire time to leap-assassinate someone from a rooftop. I have NEVER accomplished it, not even when I planned it out very carefully. So I assumed that it wasn't in the game.

Now that I've beaten it, I've been looking through the strategy guide (I had some extra Store Credit at Game Crazy) and it says you can do Hanging Kills by LEAPING ON PEOPLE FROM ROOFTOPS! Exactly as I have been doing!
Has anyone else ever managed to perform one of these so-called "Hanging Kills"? Care to explain how it is done?

ynamite
11-18-2007, 01:31 AM
your position while assassinating is very important, too far or too close and it doesn't work.

get up on a roof and lock on to the desired target. now hold the action button and move the analog stick gently forward so Altair starts running slowly, as soon as he starts moving the contextual menu on the top right will show you that you can now push the assassinate button. you have to do this very quickly otherwise it will mess up.

essentially it's the same move as running and assassinating, the only difference being that it's a very short run in this case.

you can also do it (sometimes) while actually climbing up a building. again, just hold the action button and press the assassinate button.

I've gotten it to work a couple of times, but as mentioned, if you are too high or too close it won't work. I also find the button combination rather difficult.

hope it works for you too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

fatalgamer1
11-18-2007, 01:43 AM
Holy **** sweet. I've only leaped off of small boxes and stair cases and such. Things no more than five feet tall.

Zhirgoyt
11-18-2007, 12:09 PM
I actually once did it while hanging from a ladder http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif that looked kinda stupid http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Kariko762
11-18-2007, 12:16 PM
i was "saving a ciziten" and i crawled half down the wall they were bugging her at and locked the first target and it says "assassinate" he pushes away from the wall turned mid air and stuck the blade in the guys neck, also a nice little "slightly" Slow-Mo involved too... only done it twice.. most of the time the guards catch you when u lock them!

i guess they think

Hummm Guy hanging off wall + Weapons + Looking At Me Funny = ASSASSIN

arbiol
11-18-2007, 12:35 PM
yes you can do it.. jump on people with the hidden blade equipped and high profile. try it in masyaf because the buildings are short

Photus
11-18-2007, 12:38 PM
You have to be hanging from a ledge or something. It doesn't work by running of a rooftop.

gardskarsten
11-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Photus:
You have to be hanging from a ledge or something. It doesn't work by running of a rooftop.

Nope thats wrong i have done it lots of times

If you have problems with it try this
Find a place where you have a gaurd just a bit down and forward then Lock on to him go to the ledge and stop and hold in the action button you will se that if you have done it right then if you press X (on the 360) he will then jump down and kill with the hidden blade

And after this you can start doing the running on rooftops and jumping insted of standing still

Oh remember to have the hidden blade selected as a weapon

Cheers Mate

Zikro
11-18-2007, 01:13 PM
You can do it simply by running at your target and assassinating them when the option becomes available. You'll leap into the air and knock them to the ground, stabbing them in the neck(?) in the process.

Robbinho1992
11-18-2007, 01:20 PM
I havent done this, and ive completed the game, ill ahve to go on and try it.