PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the next level

GrimMerros
02-07-2011, 02:57 AM
So, I've been watching the forums for awhile now and I see that there are the Gods of the game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif that wander with us mere mortals.

I feel, and I'm sure there are others in the same place, that I am stuck in a bit of a rut. I feel as though I have hit the peak of my game and will now slowly climb the ranks.

Any tips from the Deities that walk among us for more advanced players looking for that last little bit of perfection?

obliviondoll
02-07-2011, 03:13 AM
Best tip:

There is NO win button.

Change up your tactics.

Don't rely entirely on sticking to the stealthy hide in crowds gameplay.

Throw in an Aerial Focus or something, go for a couple or Discreet/Silent kills with your Incognitos - get greater Variety (and maybe Extreme).

Don't focus on being an awesome runner, or an awesome stealth player. Focus on being good at EVERYTHING.

STYJ
02-07-2011, 03:21 AM
Another good tip ,

if you're losing and want to rage hard , just go captain awesome ! He'll help you to cool off some steam so you can get back on track again .

Just search for one of Shenmue's video if you don't know who Captain AWESOME is .

@oblivion, Mr smith 94 was looking for a 1v1 challenge so I decided to give it a shot lol . Think i'll even survive ? xD

PirateMonkee
02-07-2011, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Best tip:

There is NO win button.

Change up your tactics.

Don't rely entirely on sticking to the stealthy hide in crowds gameplay.

Throw in an Aerial Focus or something, go for a couple or Discreet/Silent kills with your Incognitos - get greater Variety (and maybe Extreme).

Don't focus on being an awesome runner, or an awesome stealth player. Focus on being good at EVERYTHING.

THIS.

I don't claim to be a great player, because I'm not. But that is the best advice you will get.

obliviondoll
02-07-2011, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by STYJ:
Another good tip ,

if you're losing and want to rage hard , just go captain awesome ! He'll help you to cool off some steam so you can get back on track again .

Just search for one of Shenmue's video if you don't know who Captain AWESOME is .

@oblivion, Mr smith 94 was looking for a 1v1 challenge so I decided to give it a shot lol . Think i'll even survive ? xD
He was slaughtering me pretty bad when I somehow got disconnected from host (while hosting the match myself... how does that work?).

He's a rather awesome player.

Also, I'm not a top player.

I'm decent, and I play a lot. I know how to make everything work, but there's a good amount of time where things just won't come together how you want them to.

It's something we all have to deal with.

My advice is based on personal experience, with the methods I've used in the matches where I've done the best.

Even if you throw in a few kills Captain Awesome style in one life, then go back to careful stealth play, it'll probably boost your sore more than you'd expect. Those Silent/Aerial/Discreet/Acrobatic bonuses all stack towards making Greater Variety an easier target.