PDA

View Full Version : I'm stuck on original rainbow 6...Help!

stephen.coates
06-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Can anyone please help me. Only a few days ago I decided to continue my fortune on the original rainbow 6 game after having happily cleared the 2nd level called highway resort with police cars and tunnels. I'm now on the oil refinery level which really is a great blast, literally. My problem is, the last door. Theres always a volley of rpg's and terrorists at different heights and the hostage always gets killed, or we do! How the hell can I clear this level. Is there something I'm missing, an easier way? Sorry if the questions 40 years old and a little retro, but I guess It is still rainbow...P.s how does the new vegas 360 game compare in gameplay on a single person? Do you have to do the same sort of tasks? And is it as much fun? Thanks guys.

Mr.Hanky2005
06-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Old bows are way more tactical. Vegas is more run and gun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

Snapper2005
06-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Hi.

Spoiler below....

It's been a while since I played that level, but if I remember correctly hang to the right and get a little cover. Send the team to the left to cover you. The'll shoot at the tangos on the ground.
Quickly take out the two RPG's (one high, one low)as fast as possible. Then storm the garage to the left, taking out the tangos with a few good shots :-)

Happy shootin'! Hope it works.

S

TW_Night_Fox
06-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Wait for the tangos to shoot their RPGs. When they reload, run your *** off to get ot the hostage and secure them. The mission will be complete so you don't have to kill those guys.

BTW, When you are talking about RS3 then don't call it the original because it's confusing.

stephen.coates
07-02-2007, 05:33 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. Well useful. Wait and run, a darn good idea, theres just so many tangos. Sorry bout the confusion with saying original, I thought it was the original though. What came before it if it wasnt??

oorlogshond
07-02-2007, 05:45 AM
The title of the game says Rainbow Six 3. Three! That means it's the third part in the series.

D---Fingers
07-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Rainbow Six 1 = "Rainbow Six"

Rainbow Six 2 = "Rogue Spear"

and there were a bunch of expansions in between.

i believe Rainbow Six 3 is the console equivalent of Raven Shield.

then Rainbow Six 4 would be "Lockdown"

and i guess Rainbow Six 5 is Vegas, since i dont think you can consider Critical Hour a true sequential title being that it is just retro missions.

anyone confirm or correct me on this?

TW_Night_Fox
07-02-2007, 05:18 PM
You're right Anti.

o WhoCares o
07-03-2007, 12:21 PM
or you can throw smoke ahead of you and use thermals to either rescue hostage or take out tangos. What ever you do leave your team behind since they will cause the hostage to die.

As far as the games for xbox series.

Rainbow 6 (original)
Rainbow 6 Black Arrow (more of an expansion but includes the awesome clan tournament play system)
Rainbow 6 Lockdown (ok, but not Rainbow)
Rainbow 6 Critical Hour (more like an expansion to lockdown)
Rainbow 6 Vegas (a mix between Lockdown and the original Rainbow 6)

D---Fingers
07-03-2007, 12:57 PM
i dont remember Rainbow 6 Original ever being ported to the Xbox?

DrRustyTaco
07-03-2007, 02:52 PM
then Rainbow Six 4 would be "Lockdown"
I read somewhere that they didn't want to name it as such simply because people would see it in the shops and think it was for a certain Nintendo console... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Colyn
07-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by o WhoCares o:
or you can throw smoke ahead of you and use thermals to either rescue hostage or take out tangos. What ever you do leave your team behind since they will cause the hostage to die.

As far as the games for xbox series.

Rainbow 6 (original)
Rainbow 6 Black Arrow (more of an expansion but includes the awesome clan tournament play system)
Rainbow 6 Lockdown (ok, but not Rainbow)
Rainbow 6 Critical Hour (more like an expansion to lockdown)
Rainbow 6 Vegas (a mix between Lockdown and the original Rainbow 6)

You definitely missed Rogue Spear (#2) and Raven Shield! BA Isnt even in the same park with the originals