PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed III

Altaezio
07-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Any Ideas on What This Will Be About?!?!

EmperorxZurg
07-27-2009, 08:52 PM
there's already a thread about it, just search, besides let's wait for AC2 to come out

agentpoop
07-27-2009, 11:48 PM
please put in greece..... THIS IS SPAR(assassinated and pushed into pit of death) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Edengoth
07-28-2009, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
there's already a thread about it, just search, besides let's wait for AC2 to come out

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif "a thread". Now that's being polite. There's about 20 of em at least.

dakota94
07-29-2009, 02:09 AM
I just want to say, and this is kinda off topic too this thread) but :

My favorite assassination is Subrand, just becuase of what he says. I meen like that is what really gets me going for assassins Creed, is like the deep meening of what most targets say. It is truely the thing that blew me away

Edengoth
07-29-2009, 02:44 AM
Sibrand is by far my favorite, too.
I find it especially funny that everyone thinks he's paranoid and delusional about the impending assassination, but then it actually happens.
But yes, what he says about death and the afterlife really got me.

Xanatos2007
07-29-2009, 02:55 AM
Heh, in his dying words he yells out "See! I wasn't crazy! Bet you all feel stupid now, hahahahaha! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif"

Danvish
07-29-2009, 07:58 AM
I like Majd Addin's speech.
"So you killed them for the greater good?"
"NO, I KILLED THEM BECAUSE I COULD, BECAUSE IT WAS FUN"

Now that made me laugh.
I know I'm a bad person http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

mazorr
07-29-2009, 12:36 PM
i hope ac3 just has a full on assassinatoin storyline
rahter than the animus and desmond just the assiassin this time

godsmack_darius
07-29-2009, 12:44 PM
Without Desmond we wouldnt be seeing Ezio or Altair

Danvish
07-29-2009, 12:46 PM
And our lives weren't the same.

eZpiri2
07-29-2009, 06:29 PM
My only worry about an ACIII is what are they gonna do it on? Cause if you go back in the animus one more time in part 3, then you might have to play as an assassin in tights. Well I hope I am wrong.

Benjamin1545
07-31-2009, 05:47 AM
i think that in AC3 you mayb play as Desmond

MrNussbaum
07-31-2009, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Benjamin1545:
i think that in AC3 you mayb play as Desmond

I hope you're wrong and Ubisoft isn't that dumb.

thekyle0
07-31-2009, 08:34 AM
If they made Desmond the protagonist in AC3 then they wouldn't be able to use the climbing system as well as they could in AC1 and 2. It would be pretty strange to have Desmond climbing sky scrapers in major cities.

Xm3buX
07-31-2009, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
If they made Desmond the protagonist in AC3 then they wouldn't be able to use the climbing system as well as they could in AC1 and 2. It would be pretty strange to have Desmond climbing sky scrapers in major cities.
Yep, I agree.

AC would suck if you played a modern day assassin. I remember patrice or whatever saying he wanted to set one of the games during jesus's time, so maybe that's where we'll play AC3?

thekyle0
07-31-2009, 08:57 AM
That would be good if they pulled it off. But telling the story like that would have huge religious conflict. There's a lot of story potential but if they can't find the right story in there then they just end up making a mediocre game with preachy messages.

Benjamin1545
07-31-2009, 10:35 AM
i dont think AC3 wil be at a time befo 1400-1700

Edengoth
07-31-2009, 07:53 PM
Whenever it's set, it has to be set at a time before modern forensic technology. I can't imagine modern Assassins would be getting away with nearly as much as their ancestors, what with all the cameras, databases, and crime scene technology. During Ezio or Altair's time, it was just about staying low-profile and getting away from the city guard. Modern times would be too tricky to retain the AC feel, especially since everyone would have guns (and not just Ezio with an arm cannon).

MeAltairLol
08-01-2009, 03:22 AM
Not flaming, but forget forensics... It never hampered any of the GTA's where literally thousands of murders are comitted.

dakota94
08-01-2009, 04:20 AM
You know actully i came apon something yesterday that i looked into, i would like to see more desomond i think, like what if he somehow got out of the compound you know, what targets would he go for in, lets just say, New York City?

Anyway, heres the link, you guys might have seen something like this before

http://news.filefront.com/assa...veals-plot-spoilers/ (http://news.filefront.com/assassins-creed-comic-reveals-plot-spoilers/)

Altaezio
08-01-2009, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Xm3buX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
Yep, I agree.

AC would suck if you played a modern day assassin. I remember patrice or whatever saying he wanted to set one of the games during jesus's time, so maybe that's where we'll play AC3? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm If AC2 Was Set in 1476 or 1486. Why Would We Go Back Farther in Time. It'd Also Be Even Farther Back Than AC1! (1191). Because Jesus's Time was Way farther Back

Xanatos2007
08-01-2009, 06:57 AM
Hah! That'd be a controversial idea. Either the Assassins killed jesus for the sake of mankind or the Templars killed Jesus because he was disrupting order. They'd tick off a lot of Christians.

Xm3buX
08-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Altaezio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xm3buX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
Yep, I agree.

AC would suck if you played a modern day assassin. I remember patrice or whatever saying he wanted to set one of the games during jesus's time, so maybe that's where we'll play AC3? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm If AC2 Was Set in 1476 or 1486. Why Would We Go Back Farther in Time. It'd Also Be Even Farther Back Than AC1! (1191). Because Jesus's Time was Way farther Back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would the second game going forward in time stop the third from going back in time?

And I might have imagined it, but I think one of the devs might have said that AC1 was in the middle.

Charlie_Romeo
08-01-2009, 09:19 AM
the main plot is for the modern day templars to get a peace of eden how would going back in time inlighten them any further to where the peace of eden is?

Danvish
08-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Charlie_Romeo:
the main plot is for the modern day templars to get a peace of eden how would going back in time inlighten them any further to where the peace of eden is?

It won't... Desmond is going in for a totaly different reason http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Altaezio
08-02-2009, 03:54 PM
If AC3 was set in modern times how would desmond move through the cities?? ( car ) ???

Edengoth
08-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Remember months ago when everyone thought those trailers for Prototype were trailers for ACII, and that Desmond would be the protagonist?

Xm3buX
08-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Altaezio:
If AC3 was set in modern times how would ezio move through the cities?? ( car ) ???

If AC3 was set in modern times, Ezio wouldn't move through the cities. Because he'd be dead.

s1e9a8n5
08-03-2009, 12:16 AM
We know the Animus causes a bleeding effect. Subject 16 for example found it hard to differentiate the difference between himself and his ancestor.

What if the Animus project was to find a way to change the past?

What if Desmond bled into his ancestor rather than his ancestor bleeding into him? What if Desmond found himself re-writing history?

Do you think they would go there?

godsmack_darius
08-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Noo no no no,

The Animus isnt a time machine its basically prooving something called Genetic memory maning the memories of your Ancestor is in your DNA, and abstergo captures becayse something that your ancestor saw is something they need,

nothing to do with time travel

s1e9a8n5
08-03-2009, 12:30 AM
We all know what the Animus is but how can you be sure what it isn't ? There could definitely be something we haven't learned yet. It is after all a trilogy. Maybe it really is about time travel.

Or Perhaps (another thing I find interesting) the third game appears to happen this way. That Desmond is bleeding into his ancestors mind making it appear as though he's changing the past but he really isn't. Desmond finds himself having to follow a certain path and when he deviates from that path, his memories course correct putting him back to where he was or has to be. Pretty much forcing him to go forward and having to complete the same memory his ancestor did. I think that would be interesting to.

Danvish
08-03-2009, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by s1e9a8n5:
We all know what the Animus is but how can you be sure what it isn't ? There could definitely be something we haven't learned yet. It is after all a trilogy. Maybe it really is about time travel.

Or Perhaps (another thing I find interesting) the third game appears to happen this way. That Desmond is bleeding into his ancestors mind making it appear as though he's changing the past but he really isn't. Desmond finds himself having to follow a certain path and when he deviates from that path, his memories course correct putting him back to where he was or has to be. Pretty much forcing him to go forward and having to complete the same memory his ancestor did. I think that would be interesting to.

Because this game plays on the limits of fiction and realism. To make the Animus a time machine, will ruin the experience to most of the players. who believe they're reliving a character from the past, not that they are in the past and changing course of events.

godsmack_darius
08-03-2009, 01:02 AM
What he said

dakota94
08-03-2009, 01:28 AM
Hmm well i think we have to see how the desmond in the 2nd game plays out to see the approch of how the third one might turn out. I can kind of see that in the 3rd one you play as Desmond but you know there is another question that lyes beneath that.

If your not going to to play as desmond, then what other critical point in time will you be able to take part of?

dakota94
08-03-2009, 01:30 AM
Im just saying, i can see Desmond takeing out some targets from a huge building in a large city like. Mabye a way they could make the third one is that instead of hunting people like the templars, what they hunt you first? Idk its just a thought

Danvish
08-03-2009, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
What he said

I like Godmask Darius http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MeAltairLol
08-03-2009, 03:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altaezio:
If AC3 was set in modern times how would ezio move through the cities?? ( car ) ???

If AC3 was set in modern times, Ezio wouldn't move through the cities. Because he'd be dead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

+1 my good man!

Altaezio
08-03-2009, 11:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altaezio:

If AC3 was set in modern times, Ezio wouldn't move through the cities. Because he'd be dead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorri i ment Desmond! haha tru http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

caswallawn_2k7
08-03-2009, 11:47 AM
they said they havve no plan on turning the game into a shooter so it is very unlikly the third game will be largly placed in the present time of the game or any time when games became the main form of combat. however as stated above the dev's have said they could go further back in time instead of closer to the present.

it's like they also claim int he second game desmond will be working for the assassins so he could be in ezios memories for a totaly differant reason, the same as he could access the memories of some1 even further back fior a differant reason to what the templars want.

An_Idea
08-05-2009, 07:41 AM
me thinks AC3 will come out on 12/21/2012 and then the world will end cuz its so awsome

edbeano
08-05-2009, 11:34 AM
I know Assassin's Creed is meant/going to be a trilogy, but I cant help get excited for the rest of Altair's story in Bloodlines and also for the Assassin's Creed short films which will fill in Ezio's past. I think both will possibly give a direction to the last in the trilogy. But then again, who knows what Des will do in AC2!

UBOSOFT-Gamer
08-05-2009, 01:21 PM
i guesys the will make the French Revolution, Napolen time or maybe the Spanish Inquisiiton or the Thirty Years War.

godsmack_darius
08-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Why does it have to be going forward inn time, why cant it go further back into time? lol

thekyle0
08-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Didn't Al Mualim create the assassin's to destroy the Templars? How far could they go back before there wasn't any assassins?

Charlie_Romeo
08-05-2009, 02:39 PM
The whole point is to find the peices of eden in the modern age so looking further back in time wont get any answers to where the peaces are now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

caswallawn_2k7
08-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Charlie_Romeo:
The whole point is to find the peices of eden in the modern age so looking further back in time wont get any answers to where the peaces are now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
that is the reason the templars are using it, in AC2 he is helping the assassins and by AC3 the assassins could have controle of the animus and be using it to find information from further back to stop it all.

Charlie_Romeo
08-05-2009, 02:48 PM
like when they first made the peices of eden and stop them? but the actions have already happened so they cannot change anything so i dont see the point. Cas explain? if u dont mind that is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

caswallawn_2k7
08-05-2009, 02:56 PM
by going into the past they could find out info about the early templars and use it against them or just about anything else. the assasssins/templars could have totaly differant goals from the past by the third game you dont even know how the game plays out. by the fact they were rushing for the info from desmond you have to asume the satalight launch would be prety close to the end of AC1.

Charlie_Romeo
08-05-2009, 03:01 PM
suppose we're going to have to wait and see, but i still dont see how going back further would help but i suppose they could learn stuff but i would prefer it to be closer to modern day

caswallawn_2k7
08-05-2009, 03:05 PM
they said they dont want the game to turn into s shooter, so realy anything from the late 1700's on would be a no go as most combat went to gun's. the devs also said in one of thier videos there is a possibility they will go further back.

Charlie_Romeo
08-05-2009, 03:09 PM
oh http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif well. I dont want it to be a shooter so i suppose you more than probably right but it means we want have any kool weapons like the double hidden blades smoke bombs and what not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

caswallawn_2k7
08-05-2009, 03:12 PM
who says? it is possible the technology has existed before but got lost. for an example of this look at alot of the roman structures and samuri sword's. while people can make things similar no1 can replicate the quality of items from the original time period.

Charlie_Romeo
08-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Yeah but u aint going to get a gun are you? Suppose they could have some kool things all depends where they decide to go

caswallawn_2k7
08-05-2009, 03:25 PM
I dont like the idea of the hidden gun in AC2, you could never reload a gun like that while running and jumping so it would just be a one shot attack untill you could find somewere that would allow you reload. but due to the type of gun there is no real cartridge meaning they wont be held in the barrle meaning if ezio was to run and jump too much he could loose the bullet and powder totaly or move it away from the firing mech, meaning every time he wanted to fire he would have to load the gun and that just aint practical in most cases.

Charlie_Romeo
08-05-2009, 03:38 PM
but we're dealing with da vici so u never know some sort of cylinder that can load the gun in 1 go would mean it can be armed quickly. But i see your point i would of prefered throwing knives or even a cross bow or a bow and arrow

caswallawn_2k7
08-05-2009, 03:48 PM
it is possible to have a single cartridge, (historicaly they did exist but they were basicaly the bullet and powder wrapped in paper) but it would still have to be loaded, packed and set for the firing mech (cap/gunpowder into chamber) so it still wouldnt be a fast prossess.

Charlie_Romeo
08-05-2009, 04:04 PM
suppose. But its da vinci(sp) could have alot of those things wrapped in paper and a mechanical loading device a simple lever system of some sort that puts the bullet in place.??

caswallawn_2k7
08-05-2009, 04:09 PM
it's not just the cartridge that needs to be in place, in a flint lock pistol the bullet is fired by the flint causing a spark, but for this spark to ignight the powder in the cartridge, there is a small hole in the barrle that has to havve gunpowder in it and gun powder were the striker hit's to send the flame/spark into the cartridge to fire a gun. (in guns up from that it was replaced with a small blasting cap that sloted into this hole and the striker fired the cap into the barrle ignighting the cartridge and was the basis for the bullet cartriges used in modern guns)

Charlie_Romeo
08-05-2009, 04:14 PM
it is complacated aint it but i think with enough time and testing you could get somthing that fires a "bullet" 8/10 times and is reloadable but oviuosly you need time to set up so it would be useless against numerus enemies

BleedingEffect3
08-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Desmond is supposed to be the ultimate assassin by the end of the 3rd game right? he probably will like have to stop abstergo from like taking over the world on december 21, 2012.....isnt that whats supposed to happen.....thats what i heard....

EmperorxZurg
08-06-2009, 07:56 PM
no thats wat everyone said will NOT happen, then it would be a shooter with it being modern times, they said they're pushing it right now by adding the hidden gun. But the templars plan is supposed to happen on that date since that's supposed to be the end of the world by the mayans

Serenity9066
08-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
But the templars plan is supposed to happen on that date since that's supposed to be the end of the world by the mayans

Really? That's the reason? Bah!

I can see Desmond using his new assassin skills to make an escape. Think of how he found out all that information from sneaking into his captor's emails. How he learned the code of his room's door. I think they can elaborate on that part of the game. You can accomplish a lot just by being observant.

EmperorxZurg
08-06-2009, 10:53 PM
it's supposed to be the special date, that's why in the first game they were saying "we're running out of time" "need to hurry" and stuff like that, everything needs to be in place for that date since some astrological event will happen, thus letting them take over people's minds. that's why now that they got the artefact they're launching that satelite to broadcast it's effects, then afterwards they need to have a tool to stop the people immune to it's effects so no one rises up against them. so it's not JUST apocalypse, they did some Da Vinci code stuff in there, that's why I think AC2 might have Desmond going in to find the artefact to stop the people immune to the piece of Eden, unless the assassins take over Abstergo http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

CaptainWebley
11-22-2009, 12:16 AM
ahem, AC3 could be set in London around the 19th century? Or maybe set somewhere in the "New World" Or maybe Paris in the Napoleon Era?
Just thoughts.

Silverback_105
12-28-2010, 08:21 PM
I'v always wanted to see this in the single player, so here goes. Could you guys please make the free running in AC3 as smooth as the multiplayer in brotherhood is. For example, in Brotherhood's single player when you get to the edge of a building you have to press O to grip, and and press it again to fall down, but in the multiplayer you can just hold R1 and the character will drop down without any wait. And I know you can already do that in single player if its just a little drop, but it would be awesome if you could do it from the tops of buildings. Another great example is in the "Assassins Creed 2 Official E3 Trailer" were towards the end of the video Ezio drops down from a building and uses his hidden gun to shoot the guy he was chasing (that part was amazing!) Anyway like I was saying, it makes things so much fun and easier if you could just drop down that way in AC3.

This is also something I would love to see in AC3. Could you please please please!!! make spears a usable weapon in AC3? (by usable I mean like one of the weapons you buy in the shop, or maybe something you get in a mission) not just something to pick up from a guard. I find them to be the most fun especially throwing them at other guards, and it sucks that you have to drop them when you have to run somewhere far or climb something. I know that carrying a spear on your back is not the most stealthy thing but what if it was like one of Leonardo's inventions and he made it retractable, kind of like Goku's "power poll" in Dragonball (only example I could think of). And I know that Leonardo probably wont be on the next game but you know what I mean right. Anyway I love the series and hope that you employ my ideas in the next one I know they will be very fun for anyone playing the game, and Thank you for reading all of this.