PDA

View Full Version : Enemy Assassin in Kingdom

justincase_65
01-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Has anybody noticed the enemy assassin right when you enter the kingdom coming from Masaf? You can spot him by switching to eagle vision where he shows up red while the others are blue. I wonder what the significance of this is, if any.

spazzoo1025
01-21-2008, 01:07 PM
omg how man f'in times can som1 bring this up??

yes, we've seen him!
no, we don't know why he's red!
Sure, go ahead and kill him, i dont care!

Tela
01-21-2008, 01:08 PM
There has already been at least one thread about this. Please use search next time.

There is no significance. People(myself included) have tried assassinating him, but nothing happens after he dies. Could be just a glitch.

katz_bg
01-21-2008, 01:49 PM
if you've read the color descriptors more carefully you'd notice red does not mean enemy, but "guard". he is a guard and if you challenge him he'll respond in kind.

Crash_Plague
01-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by katz_bg:
if you've read the color descriptors more carefully you'd notice red does not mean enemy, but "guard". he is a guard and if you challenge him he'll respond in kind.

Actually, that is more for tutorial use, but the proper explanation given for Eagle Vision is that it allowed Altair to distinguish the intentions of the people around him. The guard is probably just a spy or something.

I don't really think it is a glitch because if you look at him closely, then he looks really suspicious and keeps looking around cautiously behind him.

Some might say that this is attributed to the fact that there is a dead templar there, but then why would he be so jittery about that?

remember, Altair is special in his eagle vision, so no one else really knows his intentions. I personally like to stealth assassinate him and run before anyone notices.

katz_bg
01-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Crash_Plague:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by katz_bg:

Actually, that is more for tutorial use, but the proper explanation given for Eagle Vision is that it allowed Altair to distinguish the intentions of the people around him. The guard is probably just a spy or something.

I don't really think it is a glitch because if you look at him closely, then he looks really suspicious and keeps looking around cautiously behind him.

Some might say that this is attributed to the fact that there is a dead templar there, but then why would he be so jittery about that?

remember, Altair is special in his eagle vision, so no one else really knows his intentions. I personally like to stealth assassinate him and run before anyone notices. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>intriguing.
too bad i'm away from my console this week and am unable to check it out. but anyway the reason i left it at my other home is so i can study and not play this week.

Crash_Plague
01-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by katz_bg:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crash_Plague:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by katz_bg:

remember, Altair is special in his eagle vision, so no one else really knows his intentions. I personally like to stealth assassinate him and run before anyone notices. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>intriguing.
too bad i'm away from my console this week and am unable to check it out. but anyway the reason i left it at my other home is so i can study and not play this week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it is pretty interesting.
I remember someone mentioning his suspicious looks a while ago, and then I checked it out and it was true. so, I DO think it is an easter egg.

*gasp* it should have been a hidden achievement (for 360 of course) to kill him!!!

lostassassin123
01-21-2008, 02:12 PM
He's a traitor, that's all.

Crash_Plague
01-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by lostassassin123:

yeah, I know http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Isn't it an awesome easter egg? I think it's better than your "NERD" fire extinguisher http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

lostassassin123
01-22-2008, 03:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lostassassin123:

Isn't it an awesome easter egg? I think it's better than your "NERD" fire extinguisher http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh, just because you didn't find it? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

Crash_Plague
01-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by lostassassin123:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crash_Plague:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lostassassin123:

Isn't it an awesome easter egg? I think it's better than your "NERD" fire extinguisher http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh, just because you didn't find it? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol

avsrule247
01-22-2008, 05:57 PM
The red assassin is who helped open the gates in the beginning of the game to let Robert in. Remember your first mission is to find the traitor, well this assassin that glows red could be his friend that helped open the gates, because it was mentioned that he did not act alone.

Crash_Plague
01-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by avsrule247:
The red assassin is who helped open the gates in the beginning of the game to let Robert in. Remember your first mission is to find the traitor, well this assassin that glows red could be his friend that helped open the gates, because it was mentioned that he did not act alone.

yeah, like we said, easter egg. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

jcody
01-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by avsrule247:

This is exactly what i was thinking. Some mission should be unlocked to investigate further.

iPlunder
01-24-2008, 03:49 PM
ZoMG CrAsH Lo0K it'S JcOdy!

ZmeySPB
01-24-2008, 03:54 PM
there was a programmer on AC who is related to my family

Dominic Di Renzo

Ganu
01-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by jcody:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by avsrule247:

This is exactly what i was thinking. Some mission should be unlocked to investigate further. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There should be more depth in the game is what you mean correct?

Crash_Plague
01-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by iPlunder:
ZoMG CrAsH Lo0K it'S JcOdy!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

DreamerM
01-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by justincase_65:
Has anybody noticed the enemy assassin right when you enter the kingdom coming from Masaf? You can spot him by switching to eagle vision where he shows up red while the others are blue. I wonder what the significance of this is, if any.

All will be explained in the sequel. I hope.

Crash_Plague
01-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by DreamerM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by justincase_65:

All will be explained in the sequel. I hope. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might be getting too into it, we don't even know if the sequel revolves around Altair....

DreamerM
01-26-2008, 07:54 PM
You might be getting too into it, we don't even know if the sequel revolves around Altair....

All I'll say on that subject is, if it DOESN'T, Ubi's gonna have to sell me on the concept all over again. Altair's the character everyone played the game for. Unless they're willing to spend another four years coming up with another main character equally as interesting...

.....And if it's a ninja game, I won't be buying. End of story.

iPlunder
01-26-2008, 08:23 PM
They made a physics engine from scratch, thats why it took four years.

Crash_Plague
01-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by iPlunder:
They made a physics engine from scratch, thats why it took four years.

strange how they ended up scrapping that at the end.

or unless you mean collision engine.