PDA

View Full Version : height and speed?

FlightOfOctober
03-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Is there a way to make it so the hud showing Heights, Speed, and whatever the third thing is, I never pay attention to it, from KM/h (ht)and M (spd) to Miles/h and Ft? I thought I found a way when I first bought the game but now I can't find it so I don't know if it was just my imagination or something.

Skycat_2
03-04-2009, 11:51 PM
Yes, there is. Go into the Controls section and look for "Toggle Speed Bar" near the end of the list. I believe you have to assign your own key for this function but I'm not sure.

jamesblonde1979
03-05-2009, 01:17 AM
The other thing is your compass heading.

Skycat is right, you need to assign a key to toggle speed bar to convert between metric and imperial.

M_Gunz
03-05-2009, 07:17 AM
It's kmh or kph for kilometers per hour Indicated Air Speed and m for meters height into mph IAS and ft height.
The more the height the more your indicated air speed is less than your true air speed.

The thing is that your wings make lift and drag according to the IAS, not TAS. The higher you go, the less of both
for the same TAS.

For example, 150 kph at 30,000 ft is 240kph TAS. Bf 109G flat and level stalls about 150-160 kph.
Best TAS for any G6 is well over 240 kph! Moral is don't run up on the ceiling, you might get chased down unless
there is no one with a higher ceiling than you there.

IAS - TAS table at Mission4Today (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&get=326)

Near your ceiling you won't be able to maneuver very well. Ceiling is riding near stall and unable to climb fast
enough to bother recording any higher, you turn more than a little, you lose alt, flat turn rate and climb are
squat and your best speed is at some lower alt where the engine can run at full boost.

FlightOfOctober
03-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Skycat_2:
Yes, there is. Go into the Controls section and look for "Toggle Speed Bar" near the end of the list. I believe you have to assign your own key for this function but I'm not sure.

thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif