PDA

View Full Version : Odd problem, trim stuck to mouse wheel

Phobia337
05-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Hey guys

I just recently had a wacked out issue. I was messing around with my joystick settings in the game and mistakenly hit the "default" button uncontrols and reset all my controls.

So I went back through the long drawn out process of resetting everything the way I had it. I then got down to the HOTAS section and as I was using the mouse to scroll down I clicked the Elevator trim and used mouse wheel down. This no has caused some serious issues in game.

1st) It applies full postive or negative trim right from take off. I have to apply full joy either pulling up or pushing down to keep level until I can use the manual trim buttons I have set to reset this weird issue.

2nd) I tried to erase the mouse wheel from the set but it will not let go of it. Won't allow me to set it to any other key or slide or button period. I can remove the mouse wheel to another trim and blank out the elevator trim by placing the mouse wheel setting under the alieron trim one. This works since not all planes have it but when I do get a plane that has alierion trim I have to do the same above steps to correct it from putting me full left or right alieron trim.

3) Only option I have now is going back and resetting to default and redoing my entire controls again but I would like to find a way around that if possible, so that is why I am asking if you all have any ideas.

thanks guys
PHOBIA

Phobia337
05-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Hey guys

I just recently had a wacked out issue. I was messing around with my joystick settings in the game and mistakenly hit the "default" button uncontrols and reset all my controls.

So I went back through the long drawn out process of resetting everything the way I had it. I then got down to the HOTAS section and as I was using the mouse to scroll down I clicked the Elevator trim and used mouse wheel down. This no has caused some serious issues in game.

1st) It applies full postive or negative trim right from take off. I have to apply full joy either pulling up or pushing down to keep level until I can use the manual trim buttons I have set to reset this weird issue.

2nd) I tried to erase the mouse wheel from the set but it will not let go of it. Won't allow me to set it to any other key or slide or button period. I can remove the mouse wheel to another trim and blank out the elevator trim by placing the mouse wheel setting under the alieron trim one. This works since not all planes have it but when I do get a plane that has alierion trim I have to do the same above steps to correct it from putting me full left or right alieron trim.

3) Only option I have now is going back and resetting to default and redoing my entire controls again but I would like to find a way around that if possible, so that is why I am asking if you all have any ideas.

thanks guys
PHOBIA

Nicholaiovitch
05-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi Ph,
I frequently managed to erase my control set-up when I first started on this road and after reading several posts from the knowledgeable guys here realised that backing up the "users" file in your IL-2 directory always enables you to paste back in your set-up.
Like me you probably have not done this at this stage, but you may have flown under a different "pilot" name and made the controls for other "pilots" the same as you did the first time you set things up?
If you did, you can access your "users" file, open another pilot's name that you have flown under and copy the "settings" file from this pilot to your original "pilot's" name folder.
If you have only flown under the name of one pilot, unfortunately I don't think you can retrieve your old settings.
There are many more knowledgeable guys around so be patient and someone may come up with another idea for you.
Good luck.
Nicho http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Phobia337
05-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Thanks Nicho

Good idea to back up http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

M_Gunz
05-15-2008, 02:23 PM
The game loads that from settings.ini in your pilot folder in the users folder in IL2 folder.
Edit that.

Phobia337
05-15-2008, 02:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M_Gunz:
The game loads that from settings.ini in your pilot folder in the users folder in IL2 folder.
Edit that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THANKS GUNZ

I knew someone would know the right way to go about fixing this http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif