PDA

View Full Version : keyboard and joystick mapping

gwgardner2
07-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Just printed out the keyboard controls - SEVEN pages 8x11! Now I have some mapping to do, I guess.

At least using Zeus-Cat's Straight from the Farm it can be mapped in segments.

Any suggestions on the best mappings will be appreciated.

Also, I've tried to map the elevator trim to the joystick with no success - any clues on that?

Thanks

gwgardner2
07-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Just printed out the keyboard controls - SEVEN pages 8x11! Now I have some mapping to do, I guess.

At least using Zeus-Cat's Straight from the Farm it can be mapped in segments.

Any suggestions on the best mappings will be appreciated.

Also, I've tried to map the elevator trim to the joystick with no success - any clues on that?

Thanks

Crash_Moses
07-27-2007, 02:54 PM
You should play around with the mapping until you figure out what works best for you. I think some of it depends on the planes you like to fly. For instance my keys are set up for the SBD and B-25. If you're going to do level bombing there's a pretty good keymap for the bombing controls in my bombing guide. Just click on the link in my sig.

How are you trying to map the trim? Are you going to adjust it via buttons? If so use the trim controls at the top of the menu. If you're trying to assign it to an axis (such as a rotary knob) scroll down to the HOTAS section of the control menu. It's all the way at the bottom. You can assign different functions to each axis there.

S!

gwgardner2
07-27-2007, 03:07 PM
I was trying to assign a button to elevator trim up and down. The mapper on the control window didn't accept or recognize the key. I never have checked the game to see if it knows what kind of joysick I'm running - guess I should have thought of that first.

gwgardner2
07-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Awesome, saw that your bombing manual was in a group called 'pilot's notes.' Hadn't seen that category or area yet on the site, so did a search on 'keyboard' and found jetmechal's keyboard setup.

Crash_Moses
07-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Yup...Mission4today has all sorts of goodies. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Yeah, it sounds like Windows may not recognize all yer buttons. What kind of joystick are you using? If you still have problems you should check over in the Community Help forum. Those folks answer those kinds of questions all the time...

gwgardner2
07-28-2007, 02:54 AM
It's a Cyborg Graphite. No Z axis, but it'll have to do. I did get the buttons to map. Haven't got the hang of doing the rudder trim right yet though.

Crash_Moses
07-28-2007, 08:15 AM
I have a test PC I use for messing around with missions with an XBOX 360 controller hooked up. I mapped the the rudder trim to the left and right arrow keys and the elevator trim to the up and down arrow keys. Works pretty good for a single joystick setup.

gwgardner2
07-28-2007, 10:31 AM
I think I got control of the trim - using a bit of right rudder and right aileron trim to fly straight - no? In MS Flight Simulator I always use auto-rudder control, so I have no experience there.

When I'm in F1 cockpit view, my joystick hat button can be used to pan around, however when I first start up the view always pops back automatically to foward. Then sometimes it gets out of that mode, and it doesn't pop back. Any idea how that happens?

FoolTrottel
07-28-2007, 10:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Then sometimes it gets out of that mode, and it doesn't pop back. Any idea how that happens? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This switching between the two modes ('snap view' and 'pan view') is done via F9...

Crash_Moses
07-28-2007, 10:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gwgardner2:
I think I got control of the trim - using a bit of right rudder and right aileron trim to fly straight - no? In MS Flight Simulator I always use auto-rudder control, so I have no experience there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup. Just keep yer eye on the ball. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif