PDA

View Full Version : Patch Differences Test

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:08 AM
I was curious. If you wanted to test the differences of flight models or speeds of planes between the 1.0 and 1.1b versions, would you be able to record a flight in 1.0 and then watch the track in 1.1b. If you knew how fast a plane went or how far in a certain time, could you measure the differences in the same track in the newer version? I'm assuming the new flight model applies to the inputs you have given in the 1.0. So, you could measure a difference more precisely..

Yes? No? Am I way off?

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:08 AM
I was curious. If you wanted to test the differences of flight models or speeds of planes between the 1.0 and 1.1b versions, would you be able to record a flight in 1.0 and then watch the track in 1.1b. If you knew how fast a plane went or how far in a certain time, could you measure the differences in the same track in the newer version? I'm assuming the new flight model applies to the inputs you have given in the 1.0. So, you could measure a difference more precisely..

Yes? No? Am I way off?

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:43 AM
No iddea, but I suposse that would make no diff, since the flight model wouldn differ then and the plane would go either at diff speed or something like that....to maintain flight caracteristics.. That's just suppositions, tough.../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

<center>"The show must go on..."<center>
<center>http://www.btinternet.com/~jj_b/vaw/images/iar81t.jpg </center>
<center>A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great'
landing is one after which they can use the plane again<center>

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:52 AM
from what i've understood in the past.. tracks from previous versions where no good because the new flight models made the planes behave totally differently and although the inputs are the same, the plane goes off somewhere else according to its new flight model and the track ends up looking messed up..

however.. i thought someone could use this as a tool to see the actual differences between the flight models, instead of the generalities we often read here.

anyway.. just a thought

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 02:09 AM
In theory if you flew a set course then patched and replayed the track you could look at how far and hiegh teh plane flew compared to prepatch and use it to compare the FM's

lot of mucking about though

<center> http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQDLAtUWiWZ3BKw19!aryp7v3C1h1DuNwpHOOuqhlraGSyMAY KiPEOZAA1OBgsLu*Sa0UQ2my0PiFyvNkJ5K7Clsoy7yNtEvOXY nHDuPNiotpZACY2oJxw/aircraftround.jpg </center>