PDA

View Full Version : sbd3 gunsight/bombsight

harold x
11-22-2004, 02:38 AM
itried to remove the gubsight/bomsight cover using shift+1or shift+d to no avail. any answers.

Tully__
11-22-2004, 02:46 AM
Shif-F1

harold x
11-22-2004, 03:11 AM
itried shift +f1 still no joy

jeroen-79
11-22-2004, 03:55 AM
ctrl + d

Tully__
11-22-2004, 04:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeroen-79:
ctrl + d <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ctrl-D is not required in the SBD3. It has a telescopic sight but it does not have covers.

Like all telescopic sights, if you're not looking exactly down the centre bore, you can't see anything (if you haven't used telescopic sights, it's similar to trying to look through binoculars at an angle). In the D3A Val the pilot's head is behind the sight even when not using the Shift-F1 toggle you can see through it (provided the cover is off), but in the SBD the pilot sits higher and you can only see through it while the pilot's head is in the gunsight position.

If you've re-assigned "Toggle Gunsight" to something other than Shift-F1 you'll have to use the alternate control to be able to see through the SBD3 sight.

Tooz_69GIAP
11-22-2004, 04:22 AM
I assume you are asking this question in the context of air combat?? i.e. how to use the sight to shoot someone down??

Well, there is a small iron sight that sticks out at an angle from the main sight on the left side. You can use this to aim (although it's not that accurate). Simply zoom in, and line er up, and then correct when you see the tracers. At least, that's what I do.

But yeah, what Tully said, you can't see down the main sight unless you are in gunsight view, which by default is reached by pressing "Shift+F1".

Platypus_1.JaVA
11-22-2004, 10:27 AM
CTRL-E should get rid of your gunsight

(and pretty much everything in the cockpit too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)