PDA

View Full Version : WarClouds_ToH running early PTO

VFS-22_SPaRX
02-12-2005, 02:57 PM
I have two maps on Wake Island up and running on the TOH server right now with the following planes on the maps.

Allied: P38J, FM-2, and SDB-5
Axis: A6M5a, Ki-61-Otsu, and Val

I have only done two maps right now. If i see people playing on the server, i will try and get a few more maps up later tonight. I did not want to spend alot of time making maps if the server will not get used. I would rather spend my time flying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

If anyone wants to build a series of maps based on a specific time and theater, please email missions at war-clouds.com . We will be more then happy to host your maps for you. We jsut have a few things that must be done with the maps to make our life a little easier.

Edit: One map has the P38J on it and the other has the Ki-61. Since Wake only has 1 land base, it was really not possible to put them on both maps.

VFS-22_SPaRX
02-12-2005, 02:57 PM
I have two maps on Wake Island up and running on the TOH server right now with the following planes on the maps.

Allied: P38J, FM-2, and SDB-5
Axis: A6M5a, Ki-61-Otsu, and Val

I have only done two maps right now. If i see people playing on the server, i will try and get a few more maps up later tonight. I did not want to spend alot of time making maps if the server will not get used. I would rather spend my time flying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

If anyone wants to build a series of maps based on a specific time and theater, please email missions at war-clouds.com . We will be more then happy to host your maps for you. We jsut have a few things that must be done with the maps to make our life a little easier.

Edit: One map has the P38J on it and the other has the Ki-61. Since Wake only has 1 land base, it was really not possible to put them on both maps.

VMF-214_HaVoK
02-12-2005, 04:20 PM
Good news Sparx...good matchups too. Nice to see more PF included.

PACIFICFIRE
02-12-2005, 05:44 PM
FIRST READ ABOUT THE GIVEN PERIOD OF WAR, AND THEN DO HOST http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VFS-22_SPaRX
02-12-2005, 06:15 PM
First learn how to run and maintain a server, then make asinine comments. Funny how those that cannot are the loudest complainers. Never said it was Historic. So please leave your comments at the door. Also, how bout putting your money where your mouth is. I mention above if anyone is interested in making missions for this server to pony up. So maybe instead of being an a$$, maybe you should make some maps.

BTW, two more maps are almost done with the afore mentioned planesets.

NervousEnergy
02-12-2005, 06:23 PM
I don't know... I had the most fun in the PTO back when you were pretty much the only PF server running (prior to the dedicated server code), and it was just that one map alternating back and forth between attack and defend. Late war planesets for both sides (well, until the infamous night where the cannon-equipped models were removed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif).

Capt. Hook

VFS-22_SPaRX
02-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Ok, two more maps in rotation now for 4 maps total. This will be the last of what i do for right now. If the server gets some gameplay, i will do some more mission with this matchup. Or if anyone else is interested in making missions, have at it and i will host them for you. Just please contact me first so we can go over a few details that must be followed for mission on our server.

Current maps:

1. Blue team attacking US forces on Wake Island.
Japanese planes: A6M5a, Vals
US: P38J, FM-2, SDB

2. Red team attacking Japanese Forces on Wake Island.
Japanese planes: A6M5a, Ki-61 Otsu, Vals

3. Red team trying to stop Japanese ground force that is trying to overtake an airbase.
Japanese planes: A6M5a, Ki-61 Otsu, Vals

4. Blue team driving US forces from an airbase to that they can overtake it.
Japanese: A6M5a, Ki-61 Otsu, Vals

Plenty of ground targets. High pilot/plane counts to promote ground attack to win mission. Mission times are 120 minutes.

VFS-22_SPaRX
02-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Bump

VFS-22_SPaRX
02-13-2005, 08:52 PM
bump

Akronnick
02-13-2005, 11:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PACIFICFIRE:
FIRST READ ABOUT THE GIVEN PERIOD OF WAR, AND THEN DO HOST http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First turn off caps lock, then type.

Seriously, typing in all caps when it is inapropriate can be considered rude. It is the written equivalent of shouting.

Oh yeah, bump

IDF_Raam
02-14-2005, 12:02 AM
The map set looks like a good idea, it might take some time to catch up. My sqd will cairtenly attend this weekend.
thanks

Diablo310th
02-14-2005, 06:43 AM
Heyy Sparx.....does it have to be P-38's? What about a 43 server with the Jug? would be cool to be fighting teh Japanese planes again in my Jug...even if it is a Razorback. Is 43 to late in the war?

Akronnick
02-14-2005, 08:26 AM
Yeah the Jug would be cool, long live the Razorback!

VFS-22_SPaRX
02-14-2005, 09:43 AM
I am always open to suggestions. I would like to currently keep this server to '43 max. But at the same time we want to keep it balanced. At present, i think the japanese will have problems with p47s and F4u's. They have nothing in their planeset that can really match them. But we could try it i guess. That means i would have to put in a Ki84. (seeing peoples eyes rolling now).

I was kinda holding out for the addon to see how the new japanese planes hold up against the US latewar stuff. I thought the planeset i put up for now would be pretty fun till then.

Anyway, planeset suggestions are welcome. Please remember we would like to keep the planesets to 12 per side for a total of 24 planes.

Diablo310th
02-14-2005, 10:24 AM
Sparx...i'll look into some history and maybe try my hand at mission making. Where can i find your requirements for a mission?? Might be intersting to see how a T&B Zeke does up against the B&Z Jug. Classical Pacific matchup. anyways..i like the idea your going with on the TOH server.

KGr.HH-Sunburst
02-14-2005, 10:28 AM
I think if your going to run a PF 43 server with P38J and maybe P47 without Ki84 then 80% will be flying red because the japs have nothing to compete with
thus the teams will be unbalanced all the time
people tend to join the best side with the best planes.

i hope the japs get more 42-43 planes with the new add-on patch because they are really needed

time will tell, good luck with it sparx

Tallyho1961
02-14-2005, 02:36 PM
This is exciting news. Looking forward to getting stuck in with the FM-2.

Thanks in advance Sparx!

VF17-LktySpliT
02-14-2005, 03:28 PM
~S~ Gents- If you been watching Zekes vs. Wildcats has grown tremendously in past 2-3 weeks. Awsome server! Sounds great, Sparx!