PDA

View Full Version : CGI aircraft on film

larschance
04-30-2011, 10:13 AM
After a deluge of IL2 combat sim clips on Youtube has anyone noticed how many films have appeared using more realistic ww2 aircraft. e.g.U.S.Dogfight tv series including an excellent kamikaze section, Finnish Winter War with I16s and a DB3,and the Japanese Assault on the Pacific which tells the story of a JAAF kamikaze Hayabusa unit. The latter spends half the film on the pilots but the action scenes are well done. Has Oleg forced the film industry to improve their act. Cant wait to see the new Dambusters film.

Kongo Otto
05-01-2011, 06:24 AM
Just checked the IMDB.com Homepage, but there is no Info about a new Dambusters Movie.
Wasn't it planed to be filmed by Peter Jackson? There is also no Info about a new Dambusters Movie at his IMDB Profile, so i assume that this Project is dead on.

danjama
05-01-2011, 02:58 PM
The Dambusters project was indeed scheduled with Peter Jackson at the helm, but was abandoned after a series of hitches, including budget issues and dog name issues.

Kongo Otto
05-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Some Movies shouldn't be redone at all. Most times the remake is not so good as the Original.
And to be honest, which actor would be able to play a Guy Gibson or a Barnes Wallis.
I think the cast from the "The Dam Busters" was perfect.
Richard Todd with his own Military record, was perfect for the role of Guy Gibson.