PDA

View Full Version : Routers

ZOS93
03-03-2005, 10:04 AM
I am sure this question has already been asked but I could not find it in the archives.
I am now trying to play online from behind a router. I am experiencing lag issues.
Is there a common fix for this?

Thank you ZOS

B16Enk
03-03-2005, 10:24 AM
Hi and welcome to the forums.

Are you using Wireless?

What router are you using/

ZOS93
03-03-2005, 11:19 AM
I'm not sure what info is most useful to you.
It is not a wireless router.
It is a Linksys Etherfast cable/DSL router
Model BEFSR41

ZOS

Weather_Man
03-03-2005, 12:43 PM
I use that router. Don't experience any lag from it and not sure if there is a router setting that would cause it. As long as you have the correct connection setting (pppoe, static, etc.), and ran the setup wizard, there shouldn't be anything else you need to configure. Have you looked for updated firmware, or maybe a bad cat5 cable?

Take a look at the forums here also and see if anything helps. Good place to post router problems.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/linksys

CreaseKeeper
03-03-2005, 02:23 PM
I have the same router with 1 server and 2 pc's hooked to it an have no lag issues.

you might want to run a latency check on your ISP via something like Dslreports.com to see if maybe that is the issue. I know my old ISP was lag city, speeds were good but latency was ****.

good luck.

-S-

jeanguy2
03-03-2005, 10:45 PM
ZOS93,

You may also want to insure that the PC that runs your games on line is connected to the # 4 "DMZ" connector on the back of your LinkSIS BEFSR41. The LinkSIS e-manual will explain to you how to set DMZ for playing online games.

Good luck,

Tully__
03-03-2005, 10:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeanguy2:
ZOS93,

You may also want to insure that the PC that runs your games on line is connected to the # 4 "DMZ" connector on the back of your LinkSIS BEFSR41. The LinkSIS e-manual will explain to you how to set DMZ for playing online games.

Good luck, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need for DMZ unless you're hosting, and forwarding the proper ports is much safer than DMZ anyway.

ZOS93
03-04-2005, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the help. I think it maybe my ISP. I didn't have any problems last night.

ZOS93