PDA

View Full Version : Question about AEP missions

LorKor
08-11-2005, 07:31 AM
Hi,
I have just installed AEP and patched it thru 2.04 and I have a question. It might be dumb but doesnt AEP has missions to fight over England or the Canal? I found one mission (flying a Mustang) hunting down V-1 rockets. But is that it for the Battle of Britain?
Like I can customize, say a Spit to have RAF marking and all but over what, Smolensk? See what I mean?

LorKor
08-11-2005, 07:31 AM
Hi,
I have just installed AEP and patched it thru 2.04 and I have a question. It might be dumb but doesnt AEP has missions to fight over England or the Canal? I found one mission (flying a Mustang) hunting down V-1 rockets. But is that it for the Battle of Britain?
Like I can customize, say a Spit to have RAF marking and all but over what, Smolensk? See what I mean?

DmdSeeker
08-11-2005, 07:50 AM
Yes; you can do what you're proposing; you can create either single missions or whole campaigns to represent pretty much any battle with the planes of your choice.

You use the inbuilt Full Mission builder. By all accounts it's a bit of a bear to learn; so good luck http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

On the other hand; there's a wealth of missions and campaigns already made available for free download; including at least one Battle of Britain campaign that I know of (flying a Hurri; it's a very good example of what can be done).

Check the "comunity rules of conduct..." thread further up the page; there's a wealth of download links in it to get you up and going.

FlatSpinMan
08-11-2005, 07:51 AM
The closest you can get is the Normandy maps. They are in the FMB (Yes, I saw your other post and have similar probs. The link provided in that thread is the same one that helped me understand the basics of FMB).
If you want to fly those maps you could try downloading some user-made campaigns from airwarfare at the following link http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_campaigns_index.htm

If they don't use those maps they at least use other maps to simulate the events of the Western front. I know that Battle over Britain and Jagdflieger both cover the battle of Britain but using the Finland map. They are both really good.

hope this helps. feel free to PM me if you ave any questions.

LorKor
08-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Just wanna thank you for the quick response fellas. I'll be okay I am sure with all the goodies over at Airwarfare. Thank you a mill to channel me to the right direction.