PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Battle entry in WIN.INI??

AFSG_Mshine
07-15-2005, 07:51 PM
Guys this one has me stumped!

I have three PC's at my house with the IL2 series on them (all versions up to PF) and only one of them has this issue. Of all my machines this one I do not even use to actually play the game.. I use it strictly as a mission builder. In the past I used it a few time to test run FBDaemon.

I do have another machine which hosted FBDaemon games and it does not have this entry so I do not think it has anything to do with FBDaemon.

I've ask all the guys in our squad, and nobody else has this in their WIN.INI.

Anyways check this out, and if anyone can tell me why this entry is in my WIN.INI file you get a prize ( a thank you ).

http://theafsg.com/img/system_examples/weird_msconfig.png

VW-IceFire
07-15-2005, 09:41 PM
No idea...mine doesn't have it. Mine is surprisingly sparse compared to yours actually...I have only a few drop downs.

Troll2k
07-15-2005, 09:55 PM
So what exactly is the problem?

Retrofish
07-16-2005, 05:32 AM
I've got very few entries in the WIN.INI and I've never seen FB or any other game add anything to it.

What is 'AFSG Remote Game' ?

Some sort of application made by your squad?

Tully__
07-16-2005, 09:35 AM
Do you have any lobby/chat software that allows searching for FB games and that's only been run on that machine?

WWSensei
07-16-2005, 11:00 AM
No such entry on my system...

AFSG_Mshine
07-16-2005, 03:07 PM
No problems... just thought it was odd to
see it there, and since it was not on any of my
other game installed machines, I wanted to see if anyone could identify why it would be there.

No 3rd party game browsers, as I only use this machine for FMB. It really isn't fast enough to run the game smoothly.

I did write an application in VB6 for our group to automatically download updates, but it was called AFSG Remote, Not AFSG Remote game? Maybe it has something to do with VB6.0?

No biggy I guess.. I was just seeing if anyone else knew what it was. I will take care of it. and Maybe once it is removed the source will reveal itself! LOL

Thanks for the responses guys.. S~