-----------------

Fixed a bug where the canister would not be availabe during a second game

Fixed issues with C4 not working as intended with doors

Fixed a bug with snake cam vision remaining in observer mode

Fixed a bug that allowed a grenade to be thrown while firing a weapon

Fixed an issue with using the snake cam on an opened door

Fixed a bug that allowed restricted items to be used coop terrorist hunt

Fixed an exploit with deployables used on opened doors

Fixed a bug that made the depot station not close properly if you scored as the game ends

Fixed a bug that made enemies not appear on the radar while taking cover

Fixed a visual bug with using doors while taking cover

Fixed a bug that allowed grenades to be thrown through doors after using snakecam

Fixed a bug that made it so that you could potentialy have no weapon equipped

Fixed a bug that allowed players to join an already full game which would result in a freeze

Fixed an exploit that allowed people to stack a team for a game already in progress

Fixed many issues with grenades going through walls

Fixed a visual issue with the ballistic shield, it was appearing low while being held up

Fixed a bug with the minimap dissapearing after a kill

Fixed a visual issue with headgears that was affecting their brightness

Fixed an issue with windows breaking out of sync on clients

Fixed an issue with the players appearing to slide while taking cover

Fixed a bug that made Logan slide through walls while taking cover

Fixed a bugged animation while using gadgets in take cover

Fixed a bug that made realistic mode revert to normal after a save or checkpoint

Fixed a bug that didnt save your loadout if Terrorist hunt SP

Fixed an issue with equipment loadout not persisting throughout games

Fixed an issue where game doesn't apply set equipment after a game restart

Fixed a bug where PEC HQ equipment would not be applied on the character when the game starts

Fixed a bug that removed item restrictions after a map rotation cycle

Fixed a bug that allowed dead players to communicate with live players

Fixed a display issue in terrorist hunt that did not correctly show the remaining amount of targets

Fixed a bug that would reset gun configuration after a map load

Fixed a movement bug that would make you slow if you changed directions rapidly

Fixed a bug that would let game options be changed at the same time crashing the game

Fixed a bug that gave hostages 2 target arrows instead of 1

Fixed a bug that made equipment and reload not work together if pressed almost at the same time

Fixed a bug where the reticle could dissapear while doing rapel

Fixed a display issue with custom camo colors not showing up properly

Fixed a bug that wouldnt let armor be colored in certain situations

Fixed a move in the clien loby that made the background move

Fixed a display bug for buttons to press while using the Xbox360 controller

Fixed a bug that would always show alpha team highlighted in mission results even if you were on bravo

Updated Chat system so that new lines refresh chat

Updated Mouse click system so that the correct pieces of equipment are selected when clicking

Updated the internal macro system so that pressing 2 hotkeys during chat will not queue up actions

Updated the Team icon over characters head to be more visible under certain situations

Anyone experience any of these first hand? Honestly, the only thing I can recognize is the update to the chat system.

KI.Maximus
05-18-2007, 11:16 AM
big list of fixes --

where 99.5 percent of them really have no bearing on the 99.9 percent of the people that own the game

way to go ubi!!!

Un-Deux
05-18-2007, 11:19 AM
As I said in the post, this is just a list of what's done so far, not the final change list.

Lasher-M-
05-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Finaly what seems to be a return from the grave possitive post about the Patch and Updates.

This looks very promising. I have run into almost all thos bugs while playing. some of the more important ones to take note of.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Monumental Fixes</span>
Fixed a bug that would let game options be changed at the same time crashing the game
Fixed a bug that allowed players to join an already full game which would result in a freeze
Fixed a visual issue with the ballistic shield, it was appearing low while being held up

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Other really important fixes</span>
Fixed issues with C4 not working as intended with doors
Fixed a bug with snake cam vision remaining in observer mode
Fixed an issue with using the snake cam on an opened door
Fixed a bug that made it so that you could potentialy have no weapon equipped
Fixed a bug that made enemies not appear on the radar while taking cover
Fixed an issue with equipment loadout not persisting throughout games
Fixed a bug that allowed dead players to communicate with live players
Updated Chat system so that new lines refresh chat

Like he says, Theres more fixes being worked on. This really does make a huge difference All I have to say is it's about freaking time. Thanks

nebula25x
05-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Outstanding.

Thx Deux

RAIDER33
05-18-2007, 11:30 AM
I got excited till I read the fixes.None of the obvious fixes are there..unless i'm missing something.
Sound loop..rope/gun
Random CTD
Pings
PB kicking everyone for Failure to Initiate
Hosts having the ability to kick people
Guns firing at start of new round
No Frag sounds

I'm sure i'm missing a few.
I see now that there's more to come,hope these are in it....A Patch Finally!!!

SteveLord8
05-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Well, the hope is that the most annoying of all flaws are still being worked on.

However, we might also see a lot more of unknown or rare ones added to the list.

Lasher-M-
05-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by RAIDER33:
I got excited till I read the fixes.None of the obvious fixes are there..unless i'm missing something.
Sound loop..rope/gun
Random CTD
Pings
No Frag sounds

I agree the sound loops and random crashes are paramount. If they don't implement ingame admin/console commands or a ping I'm sure we can all live with that. As long as we have a working punkbuster, thats really all an admim needs to manage the server. Kick/Ban etc. The Guns firing at the start of the round has been around a long time with RVS its no biggie. Frag sounds now thats a must have.

Originally posted by SteveLord8:
Well, the hope is that the most annoying of all flaws are still being worked on.

However, we might also see a lot more of unknown or rare ones added to the list.

Very true. We may see a whole bunch of fixes that we have never seen or heard if before, but they are getting fixed all the same. It's also very probable that some of these bugs are causing or attributing to other bigger things like the CTD's

ESF-S.W.A.T
05-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Sounds good.

will this new patch be out soon ? its been two months since the first post about the new patch. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

Blitzed_Penguin
05-18-2007, 12:35 PM
I've seen about 1/2 of the bugs and I am glad they are getting fixed because I play multiplayer every day.

I was wondering about an ETA also. Thanks for the update.

Snipe4Me
05-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks Un_Deux, those are a bunch of MP bugs as I can see and/or understand but... I am hoping that on your next list we will see fixes for SP play as well.

Widescreen fix
High Res fixes
Mouse
HDR
Heat Vision
Night Vision
SLI
Duo Core
etc
etc
etc

IF they were there, I apologize since I stopped at about half way and realized none of those fixes would help me or the SP player.

webeenfubied
05-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Thx for the info.
Good to see that they are tackling the important stuff first.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Perseus_AWC
05-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by RAIDER33:
Sound loop..rope/gun
Random CTD
Pings
No Frag sounds

But the rope bug was fixed in the last patch http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

J/K Deux, thanks for the update.

TH0verkill
05-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Please make sure there are at least a few admin controls.

restart round, restart map & pause at least

pleeeeassssssssseeeeeeeeee! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

oooooooooow! yes, & the server list pings http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TH0verkill
05-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Snipe4Me:

Mouse

Mouse??????????????????????? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Snipe4Me
05-18-2007, 03:17 PM
YES, mouse controls, if you have more than 2 buttons on your mouse, you can't set up the others. I have worked around it but it should be a std on a Next-Gen game, no?

Again, not everyone is a PC guru like you and just because I have been able to make it work, it still should be there for others (the more PC-Challenged!) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DX-GAME
05-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Thanks Deux.

Thanks for making it its own closed sticky as well.

Looking forward to the next update!

ArcticCoolerMan
05-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Well, my first post here in months...looks like Ubi has something going. If they included "Optimizing performance to run properly on PCs" with the list, I may play the game again with my friends on Hamachi....

sxs.SureShot
05-18-2007, 05:37 PM
i'm happy but then un happy at the same time b/c i never really saw a majority of thos bugs which is good u FIXED some things.

I'm not trying to cry or whine or anything but what your next PATCH should be is what the community wanted b/c people will still crash constantly. and some Optimization would be greatly appreciated... But i'm Happy we have something in the process of being completed

Good Job Ubi, you still have 50 % of the game to fix still ...... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Syrfer
05-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by sxs.SureShot:
i'm happy but then un happy at the same time b/c i never really saw a majority of thos bugs which is good u FIXED some things.

I'm not trying to cry or whine or anything but what your next PATCH should be is what the community wanted b/c people will still crash constantly. and some Optimization would be greatly appreciated... But i'm Happy we have something in the process of being completed

Good Job Ubi, you still have 50 % of the game to fix still ...... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

My thoughts exactly.

I think I've witnessed three things out of the entire list.

But still.... nice to know something is being done. Hopefully they get around to the issues documented in the community buglist.

SteveLord8
05-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Something was also supposedly being done with the first FOUR patches.

I'll give a thanks when and if it actually makes a difference this time.

Peanut_Nomad
05-18-2007, 09:13 PM
I'll give a thanks when and if it actually makes a difference this time.

Exactly. Sure, the update is appreciated by some, but until the actual patch is delivered, nothing has changed. Personally, although a patch is said to be in the works, I try to keep in mind the progress the previous four patches has brought to the community. I can't help to be hesitant, and I don't belive anyone here can blame me, that seeing a list of completed "fixes" means absolutely nothing. I recall seeing a certain looping sound issue being classified as "fixed". I will sit back and await the upcoming download, and for once, just once, I hope that I am pleasantly surprised by the actions and production of the UBI team. In the pit of my stomach, I can't help but assume that what is coming, while it may actually fix something this time, will not even come close to fullfilling the needs of this community. Wholeheartedly, I hope I am proven wrong. Then again, I can't wait to see these boards explode if I'm right.

bjmarler1
05-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Something was also supposedly being done with the first FOUR patches.

Excellent point. While I hope that the patch actually works, the past 4 patches did not fix MANY of the things UBI said they did in the .txt file for the patch.

So, based on UBI's own track record, Im not very optimistic about this patch yet. The proof will have to be seen to be believed.

ConsolesR4Kids
05-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Janitors can't code! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Although it is nice to see a list like this I too have not had the majority of the issues mentioned. So many other important show-stopping things to fix!

It is a good start.

TH0verkill
05-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Snipe4Me:
YES, mouse controls, if you have more than 2 buttons on your mouse, you can't set up the others. I have worked around it but it should be a std on a Next-Gen game, no?

Again, not everyone is a PC guru like you and just because I have been able to make it work, it still should be there for others (the more PC-Challenged!) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ok, I had that problem on Vista but found out what was causing it.

Are you running the game in Vista? because if you are I can help, I haven't heard of anybody having that problem in Windows XP.

randolfphe
05-19-2007, 02:34 PM
nice. i've experienced none of those bugs. and they still haven't fixed the crashing and the frame rate slow down. did they just make up some of those to fill out the list? lol

maybe crashes just aren't fixable. oh well. nice effort ubi, even if you did make up a bunch of bugs to be "fixed"

Emenance
05-19-2007, 03:38 PM
When this patch is done , for sure the last one why not kill the automatic search for a patch on start up too.

pcisbest
05-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Not to mention that it isn't just about bug fixes...whatever happened to getting SADS?

T-DiNozzo
05-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Yay, a patch. Finally. @_@ But what I'm wondering is, even though I believe it's been confirmed that SADS is never coming, if patches will continue to come out for this game or if this patch is the very last we'll see.

FI_FlimFlam
05-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Considering the effort and negative reinformcement it took to get them to offer up this latest patch, I sincerely doubt there will ever be another.

ConsolesR4Kids
05-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by FI_FlimFlam:
Considering the effort and negative reinformcement it took to get them to offer up this latest patch, I sincerely doubt there will ever be another.

That is why introducing new features is extremely foolish. They need to concentrate on fixes only otherwise we will be left with a non-functioning game.

Considering their previous attempts at patches we are in for fun times http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

zd.Holo
05-20-2007, 05:36 AM
A while ago i finished single player just to get my money's worth for this title, that i bought to play Mp. I haven'tbeen to this forum for the same while and i decided to have a look today to see the wonderfulful list of to be fixed bugs. Wow i'm impressed. Of all the bugs listed by the users in the bugs thread i don't see many of theses. And in the list Un-deux gave. Welll never saw most of 'em happen. So b4 i reinstall that bs game there's the need to get some more important things fixed that have been named in this thread. And this game is still dead to me if this is all they do for it.

sxs.SureShot
05-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Emenance:
When this patch is done , for sure the last one why not kill the automatic search for a patch on start up too.

YEA LOL i'm getting that now... Its horrible this game is screwed up from the time u click on the icon. It is clearly shown that once u patch something another breaks....

Lasher-M-
05-21-2007, 02:44 AM
So I'm looking through the patch list again and it dawned on me that although I have personally experienced about half of the bugs listed, something just didn't sit right for me. I wonder did this dawn on anyone else here? That there is something very wrong with this? Look over it again. (apart from the obvious glitches that need fixing) Anyone else notice it? I'll fill you in and you judge whether I'm right or wrong.

There is nothing in the list that could be considered PC specific http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

In realizing this, my attitude about the patch has changed. I think us PC users may be in for the shaft again. They are most likely just fixing all this stuff for the xbox counterpart and decided to release to us whatever fixes that would be parallel to the PC.

Though this is a patch, and, it could be considered support. I don't think it can really be classified as PC support for the game. At least not yet. Unless we see some PC specific issues being addressed as per the "More to come!" quote, I'm afraid that the original assumptions about "not supporting the PC version" may be confirmed.

With all the drama, ranting, screaming , complaining and whining about a patch or support for the game. Perhaps we've been asking or demanding the wrong questions/answers. Instead of asking, When is the, What's in the, Is there going to be a, Next Patch? We should have been asking "What can PC users expect in the way of support specifically?"

I hate to be a downer here. From what seems to be great news but... I can't help but think I hit the nail on the head here. What do you think?

Perseus_AWC
05-21-2007, 04:17 AM
Fliflam's right, this is the last patch, so let's all hope they get it right this time.

FI_FlimFlam
05-21-2007, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Lasher-M-:
So I'm looking through the patch list again and it dawned on me that although I have personally experienced about half of the bugs listed, something just didn't sit right for me. I wonder did this dawn on anyone else here? That there is something very wrong with this? Look over it again. (apart from the obvious glitches that need fixing) Anyone else notice it? I'll fill you in and you judge whether I'm right or wrong.

There is nothing in the list that could be considered PC specific http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

In realizing this, my attitude about the patch has changed. I think us PC users may be in for the shaft again. They are most likely just fixing all this stuff for the xbox counterpart and decided to release to us whatever fixes that would be parallel to the PC.

Though this is a patch, and, it could be considered support. I don't think it can really be classified as PC support for the game. At least not yet. Unless we see some PC specific issues being addressed as per the "More to come!" quote, I'm afraid that the original assumptions about "not supporting the PC version" may be confirmed.

With all the drama, ranting, screaming , complaining and whining about a patch or support for the game. Perhaps we've been asking or demanding the wrong questions/answers. Instead of asking, When is the, What's in the, Is there going to be a, Next Patch? We should have been asking "What can PC users expect in the way of support specifically?"

I hate to be a downer here. From what seems to be great news but... I can't help but think I hit the nail on the head here. What do you think?

Lasher, you thoughts are pretty much inline with what I was thinking. I just didn't want to come off too negative and get certain people riled.

It is my distince impression that this is an XBOX patch that is being applied to the PC version. With MAYBE one or 2 minor PC specific things in it. I'm just hoping that whatever they do with it actually makes some sort of improvement for those still playing. Hopefully they will do a better job porting this patch than they did with porting the game - maybe they will actually take the time to test it on a PC first.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

nebula25x
05-21-2007, 07:18 AM
The game is a port so, whatever is "broken" in the console version is very likely to be "broken" in the pc version.

So these things should be fixed. However, i think many have their hopes to high. I feel if you cant play the game now,for whatever reason, and enjoy it then you probably wont ever. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Syrfer
05-21-2007, 07:47 AM
I think you nailed it on the head Lasher-M-.

It would fall in line with UBI's knack ($$$) for trying to kill two birds with one stone.

I personally was able to relate to maybe 3 items on the released list of fixes. And you're right, the list does not appear to be a list of PC oriented issues. And I don't think 80%, maybe even 90% of the fix list are things we were all hoping for and expecting. It certainly doesn't apply to the list of community collected bugs.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3801065024/m/9351011625

Which, if I were working on a patch for the PC community, is what I would be focusing my time and energy on.

Syrfer
05-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by unpredictabl3:
... 'pc users' don't go out of our way to exploit a map.
Say what?

Sorry... just thought that was funny.

SteveLord8
05-21-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Syrfer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by unpredictabl3:
... 'pc users' don't go out of our way to exploit a map.
Say what?

Sorry... just thought that was funny. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He probably never played the original Rainbow6 or CounterStrike.

Syrfer
05-21-2007, 09:31 AM
Ya. Not a slam towards you at all unpredictable. I've just seen way too many players taking advantage of situations at every opportunity and your comment struck me funny.

And now back to our regularly scheduled discussion. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

sl0ppy_sec0nds
05-21-2007, 09:43 AM
I appreciate the work being done here, however, as with the previous patches, most of these issues I have never seen or experience before. It is like they completely ignored the issue list that the community provided once again.

TheOnlySirAcid
05-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by sl0ppy_sec0nds:
I appreciate the work being done here, however, as with the previous patches, most of these issues I have never seen or experience before. It is like they completely ignored the issue list that the community provided once again.
QFT. this patch is lipstick on a pig,,, nothing more. i thought'd i'd buy the game again if it get's fixed but now looks like it never will, thx ubi, back to BF2142

TH0verkill
05-21-2007, 02:39 PM
We don't know all the fixes yet, it's got to be better than the 2142 patch, that's buggered my game up totally http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

ConsolesR4Kids
05-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Hey does the following song and dance sound familiar regarding a patch for SH4? It seems UBI's new policy is "stall, stall, stall" until all the sales are milked and are dried up as much as possible.

Hello everyone. We apologize for not posting news on patch 1.3 for Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific. This is because it is currently uncertain if there WILL be a patch 1.3. Currently all the moderators and community managers for the different language forums are trying our best to represent you, our community. We know you want a patch, and we need your help to try and make it happen. How can you help? Well, first we need a list of prioritized bugs that need to be addressed.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6421019045/m/2591031065

Snipe4Me
05-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Wait, first they say that it is UNCERTAIN if there will be a patch, yet... they need the communitie's help to make one??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I feel better now! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

ConsolesR4Kids
05-21-2007, 04:46 PM
What is amazing too is they say don't include in the list things that the community can fix in a mod!!

Great support UBI http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Un-Deux
05-21-2007, 05:28 PM
The Silent Hunter issue is entirely separate from RSV - please keep this discussion targeted to the RSV patch.

SteveLord8
05-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by TH_Overkill:
We don't know all the fixes yet, it's got to be better than the 2142 patch, that's buggered my game up totally http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Did you try changing your powersupply? Updating video drivers? Uninstalling and Reinstalling the game? Did you try changing your powersupply? Updating video drivers? Uninstalling and Reinstalling the game? Did you try changing your powersupply? Updating video drivers? Uninstalling and Reinstalling the game?

T1mberw0lf
05-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Un-Deux:
The Silent Hunter issue is entirely separate from RSV - please keep this discussion targeted to the RSV patch.

That's your opinion only. I think it is very relevant to these forums and our expectations of your company. While it could be posted in it's own thread, there are only like 5 threads in this forum that are active any given day, so what's it matter?

SoonToBeBanned
05-22-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by T1mberw0lf:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Un-Deux:

That's your opinion only. I think it is very relevant to these forums and our expectations of your company.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like he said!

Indeed, both RSV and SH4 are PC games, so I suppose both games were rushed out to make a quick buck and none of them was ever planned to be supported for a long time after release.

Un-Deux
05-22-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm not asking anyone to talk about Silent Hunter in a different post on this board, I'm asking everyone to talk about it on the Silent Hunter board, where your feedback on the subject is not only welcome, but has been specifically requested. You can speculate all you want on these boards, but complaining about that patch is something I'd rather keep out of this thread, and out of the Rainbow board entirely. As I said, both of these patches are entirely separate from each other. Confusing the issues is a waste of time for all of us.

mike_j_b
05-22-2007, 05:10 PM
there's always one http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Syrfer
05-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by ConsolesR4Kids:
Hey does the following song and dance sound familiar regarding a patch for SH4? It seems UBI's new policy is "stall, stall, stall" until all the sales are milked and are dried up as much as possible.

I'm still a little baffled by the logic behind this game. Wouldn't sales improve (along with company reputation) if they put a solid support team/effort behind a game?

I mean when you have a good foundation for a product, which they've got with Vegas, and a team working steadily on patches, expansions etc. there's a lot of room for possibilities that can only keep the community involved and coming back for more.

I must be from a different planet.

Emenance
05-22-2007, 06:15 PM
baffeled you be no more. They screwed up, plain and simple. You want a developer than can extrapolate on a past of fan base with inteligence then go here my friend. wonder no more.

www.blizzard.com (http://www.blizzard.com)

Look at how they treat thier fan base and how THEY make games.

Lasher-M-
05-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Emenance:
baffeled you be no more. They screwed up, plain and simple. You want a developer than can extrapolate on a past of fan base with inteligence then go here my friend. wonder no more.

www.blizzard.com (http://www.blizzard.com)

Look at how they treat thier fan base and how THEY make games.

Yeah maybe... but "They" also rake in the $$$ everymonth so "They" atually get paid well to keep the game patched and working flawlessly.

"They" would loose their jobs if the game isn't patched. "They" loose income if the game isn't patched or woring correctly. If the fan base .. didn"t "pay" anything for the game service "They wouldn't be supporting the game at all today"

With no continual income like "WarCrack" I'm betting that the dev/support team here get paid little and are on a extremely low budget. So your argument about a better Dev/support team has no bearing on this game or this forum.. Nuf said!

Snipe4Me
05-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Lasher-M-:
Yeah maybe... but "They" also rake in the $$$ everymonth so "They" atually get paid well to keep the game patched and working flawlessly. <span class="ev_code_RED">And UBI Devs work for free? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif</span>

"They" would loose their jobs if the game isn't patched. "They" loose income if the game isn't patched or woring correctly. If the fan base .. didn"t "pay" anything for the game service "They wouldn't be supporting the game at all today" <span class="ev_code_RED">Again, I don't recall UBI giving Vegas away for FREE... did they?</span>

With no continual income like "WarCrack" I'm betting that the dev/support team here get paid little and are on a extremely low budget. So your argument about a better Dev/support team has no bearing on this game or this forum.. Nuf said! So, it is the Community's fault that the UBI Dev/Support team gets paid very little so we got to cut them some slack? How's about you not cutting some slack to UBI for paying the Dev/support team so little if what you say is true? Do you also cut some slack to the supermarket when the Deli guy gives you half a pound of Ham, yet, charged you for 1 full pound because he gets paid so little?

I don't really understand the logic of some of you guys but I guess my problem comes from being from another Country and Culture. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

ConsolesR4Kids
05-22-2007, 07:47 PM
In the old days of quality PC games the cost to finish the game was already included in the budget!

Game revenue is somewhat like the movie industry but even more short term. With a movie they can extrapolate how well it will do by the opening weekend. The majority of money made with a video game is in the first few weeks (sometimes months if it is a hit). Gamers have short memories and once the advertisements stop a game is forgotten and the public has moved onto the next big release.

I read an article about fighting piracy and the developer admitted they know they can't beat pirates but at best they hope to slow piracy down enough in the first few critical weeks of revenue. I suspect UBI is taking the same stance in a way. They hope to keep the public believing everything will be fixed for the few critical weeks that money is coming in. They don't intend to fix the games but they need to stall just long enough for the revenue to follow it's normal course.

All PC gamers MUST get used to knowing that games released by UBI are betas. You are foolish if you buy them before they get patched. If the sales don't come in you will be left with a beta product. It just won't get finished unless it is a hit.

To be fair this rule applies to other big companies too like Vivendi Universal Games.

DX-GAME
05-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Ubi need to patch the game so the release material works as close to flawless as possible. Thats about it no matter what other expectations you may have had for the game.

Any other added material and options will be most welcome.

The time frame isnt all that far off from all developers, although some developers provide a lot more information on whats going on, there by reducing the community panic that youve seen here.

The main complaint is the release quality of the product and lack of expected features. While expected features arent able to be helped, poor release quality games are inexcusible. To Ubis credit, there have been prior attempts to patch the game. A number of them infact, which is more than you will get in the same time frame from other developers such as EA.

IMO, Ubi has done a very poor job with this game as of yet. Its release content needs to be fixed, and other feature options looked at, big time. From there, UBi can look forward to support from its community, wich pound for pound is woth twice the weight in gold as advertising.

The patch list was probibly found and corrected in about a week. 2 mo is very possible if they apply themselves to the game, and that included more features that arent included in the release version.

Since its not out yet, I will with hold judegment untill it is. However, if they do not AT LEAST fix the release content, Ill jump on the screw UBi bandwagon and voice my opinion. Not in the forums as that is a waste of my time, but by not buying thier games and letting people I know to look real hard at them before they do.

To Ubi..
You really should be giving your games community more updates and more interaction with the guys working on the game. You might learn something, and have a better game and more sales due to the information.

KI.Canyon
05-22-2007, 09:56 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

DX...very well put.

TH0verkill
05-23-2007, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by SteveLord8:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TH_Overkill:

Did you try changing your powersupply? Updating video drivers? Uninstalling and Reinstalling the game? Did you try changing your powersupply? Updating video drivers? Uninstalling and Reinstalling the game? Did you try changing your powersupply? Updating video drivers? Uninstalling and Reinstalling the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, I went to the EA forum & asked for help & now it's fixed.

Don't you go to the EA forum, it's everything you hate, members helping members & all that! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DarthElvis
05-23-2007, 07:40 AM
The Silent Hunter issue is entirely separate from RSV
No its not, not by a long shot buddy. Its just another example of the kind of support you can expect from this company.
Go look at the R6-Lockdown, Dark Messiah, Splinter cell, etc forums. You will find the same old song and dance on all of them.
At least on the Dark Messiah forums, UBI came right out and said they were ****ing their customers over (no more patches). At least they may get an SDK.

ConsolesR4Kids
05-23-2007, 09:23 AM
"Dear customer, please do not connect the dots"

Emenance
05-23-2007, 07:06 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif exactley DX but the past tells us a story and the story aint good. So ill remain on the screw UBI bandwagon until proven otherwise....HAHAHA right.

DX-GAME
05-23-2007, 07:36 PM
I never had a problem with Splinter Cell, and I dont have any problems with Dark Messiah, but I play it off line only. It uses the HL2 engine BTW.

The only other game I have play from Ubi was the original R6 on consol.

So I dont have a beef with Ubi. Unless they dont fix this game right.

BTW, I called it.
EA will no longer be patching or making BPs for BF2. So what you got is what you get. Less than two years of support with BPs you had to pay for, pay to server host that they get royalties from. No official servers, and my guess, you heard it here first, The master servers will go down within a year. your disk will shortly be a coaster.

Way to go EA. At least you would still be able to play R6 single players if the master went down. Not sure, maybe even LAN over Hamachi.

TH_Overkill:
Yeah, the players gotta help the players cuz EA has terrible support.

webeenfubied
05-24-2007, 12:33 AM
The ability to lock your server would be nice as would being able to see the scores during each round.

TH0verkill
05-24-2007, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by DX-GAME:TH_Overkill:
Yeah, the players gotta help the players cuz EA has terrible support.

I'm sure your right, but to be fair, most of the threads I looked at asking for help had quick official replies.

And the help I got fixed the problem I had. Wouldn't it be better if it was more like that here?

DX-GAME
05-24-2007, 03:11 AM
Thats a big 10-4.

But enjoy it while it lasts man. Its EA, so it wont be long.

Glad you have it working though!

Tacamo
05-24-2007, 04:02 PM
With SDK's and mod teams on their grind with their TC's BF will be able to last considerably longer than anything Ubi put out recently.