PDA

View Full Version : In game personality

VTAssault
04-15-2008, 11:16 PM
So I have a question to pose for you guys.

When your playing games that have a certain amount of choice/freedom what do you usually go for.

Im asking this because Ive been trying to play Morrowind (to little success).

I found out that in such a consequence free environment I am a true sociopath. I walk into someones hovel and am like "Hey, nice lantern". What follows is usually much murder and mayhem, with some pillaging and looting to boot.

The reason I never got far in Morrowind is because I usually try to steal from someone a bit to keen on the ***-kickery (mages guild anyone?)

So how do you guys play your games? Are you mister goody-two-shoes (is that how its spelled?) or are you Commander Disaster, raper of civilization?

VTAssault
04-15-2008, 11:16 PM
So I have a question to pose for you guys.

When your playing games that have a certain amount of choice/freedom what do you usually go for.

Im asking this because Ive been trying to play Morrowind (to little success).

I found out that in such a consequence free environment I am a true sociopath. I walk into someones hovel and am like "Hey, nice lantern". What follows is usually much murder and mayhem, with some pillaging and looting to boot.

The reason I never got far in Morrowind is because I usually try to steal from someone a bit to keen on the ***-kickery (mages guild anyone?)

So how do you guys play your games? Are you mister goody-two-shoes (is that how its spelled?) or are you Commander Disaster, raper of civilization?

Albedo.Zero
04-15-2008, 11:54 PM
I haven't played Morrowind but I did play Oblivion. I went the "goody-two-shoes" way and didn't steal unless I could get away with it. My character was more geared towards stealth than fighting. I reasoned that it was easier than having to fight everyone every time I walk into a city or meet someone. Plus it opens the door for more side quests and such.

Jason-Bourne223
04-16-2008, 06:32 AM
Whenever I have the option to be good or evil, I go for evil. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

quillan
04-16-2008, 07:58 AM
I tend to go for the good methods, but I am very practical. If I have to have Item A for a quest, and I can't buy it, I'll steal it.

Back in Morrowind, I stole quite a lot. There's a full set of Master alchemical gear at the top of the tower in the Caldera mage's guild building, and not a soul there to catch you taking it. The trick to stealing is not to even try when anyone is watching, which can be a little difficult at times.

RoaringMad Mac
04-16-2008, 08:10 AM
Very good topic.

I usually go for the good guy first then see what I can get away with the second go around.

In games like overlord you are supposed to be evil but in all aspects of the game you are actually helping people out, only to serve you of course but still not entirely evil.

As long as it does not have me killing little girls and pug puppies I can deal with the death and stealing stuff to a point.

Leprechaun9
04-16-2008, 10:09 AM
In Oblivion I play as a guy who would basically be nice to you up front and then pickpocket your gold and keys when you turn around... and maybe murder you.

MeloniesHomeboy
04-16-2008, 12:27 PM
I have to play something that is somewhat believable, ala im always Human in RPG's etc. And im usually a mix of both good and evil. I like stealing in Oblivion and seeing if I can get away with it :/

MKCC14
04-16-2008, 01:56 PM
It depends. I always look at which way will benefit me the most, and I go for it. I was evil in Oblivion, though. The Brotherhood was where I belonged.

CoastalGirl
04-16-2008, 02:37 PM
In the games I've played where I have a choice (Black and White 1 & 2, Fable...) I'm pretty much always good. The only times I'll be evil are when it's just way easier that way (like, taking over a village by killing everyone in B&W, or getting easier early XP in Fable by killing guards [my preferred spot is the guild, but I've actually done the white balverine thing in Oakdale http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif]).

GrImReApEr192
04-16-2008, 05:55 PM
I generally take the evil side.

Except in Mass Effect because if you take the evil side it may blow your chance at getting a side mission.

But Fable and Oblivion,ive never been on the good side.

Kill,Steal,Rude Replies,No mercy.

@ VT, i had a hard time playing Morrowind too,it gives you a quest with a little hint on where to start or a map marker.

halo_99
04-16-2008, 06:05 PM
I try to be nice and polite and they usually stay nice and polite to me.

Nothing more annoying than some whiny kid being an ***.

tmgbhot
04-16-2008, 06:36 PM
usually I'll play the game the way you're suppose to then I'll try it different my second time through

VTAssault
04-16-2008, 10:52 PM
@CoastalGirl
Lychfield graveyard is the best place for power leveling. The zombies constantly respawn and go down in one or two hits, the are really slow, and give good xp.

Plus, every time you kill one its like +5 good points.

CoastalGirl
04-17-2008, 09:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTAssault:
@CoastalGirl
Lychfield graveyard is the best place for power leveling. The zombies constantly respawn and go down in one or two hits, the are really slow, and give good xp.

Plus, every time you kill one its like +5 good points. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know, but I like to level up early so I can use the Temple of Avo glitch and be all powerful, but still 18. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif