View Full Version : It's All About Me

12-10-2005, 03:03 PM
I started a new career and sailed from Kiel 1939 with a VII-B.

First mission is to patrol BF17. Best patrol I ever had in SH3 - I sunk 5 ships for a total of 82,671 tons including two Nelson battleships.

No crew lost and the ship is not damaged when I dock at Kiel (I made sure I had this option).

I gained something on the order of 1700 + renown, however my crew is awarded 4 Iron Cross 2nd Class while I get absolutely nothing as the boat skipper.

No medals, clasps, anything - not even a steak dinner for sinking two capital ships.

Sometimes I hate this game.

12-10-2005, 05:10 PM
What's your realism settings m'boy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

12-11-2005, 12:36 AM
Normal - 29%. On other patrols in other careers I'd receive a Knight's Cross for sinking an armed trawler.

12-11-2005, 06:15 AM
The higher your realism setting the higher your score. And the harder settings aren't really that hard. I don't miss any of the helping gadgets that would otherwise substract from my score.

I'm playing on 92% realism. The remaining 8% are the external camera, which i never use to give me an advantage. I only use it whenever i wanna make some pretty screenshots or when i wanna watch my boat surfacing or diving.

I get about 2500 renown for a so-so 40.000 ton patrol. And quite a few medals in my trusty box on the desk so far. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

12-11-2005, 12:09 PM
... and a german golden cross whenever you surpass the 40.000 tons http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I'm playing at 94 % and have a bunch of uber sailors.

Btw, the way the games uses realism to calculate renown gives a nice bonus to everyone. So I end being calculated as playing at 96 %! Pretty nice, doesn't you?

12-14-2005, 03:14 AM
94% same as me,seriously thinking of going with the full whack as its kinda easy as it is.