PDA

View Full Version : Reference pictures of B6N

Zneg1
01-05-2005, 02:22 PM
If you do have INTERIOR pictures and drawings of the japanese torpedo bomber Nakajima B6N 'Tenzan/Jill'. I would help if you have actual well defined pictures/illustration. I have materials here already but is looking for more specially pictures from museums.

Please contact me privately. This is for a personal project. Thank you!

Zneg1
01-05-2005, 02:22 PM
If you do have INTERIOR pictures and drawings of the japanese torpedo bomber Nakajima B6N 'Tenzan/Jill'. I would help if you have actual well defined pictures/illustration. I have materials here already but is looking for more specially pictures from museums.

Please contact me privately. This is for a personal project. Thank you!

p1ngu666
01-05-2005, 02:40 PM
u should ask over at teh netwings http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Stiglr
01-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Get the Maru Mechanic for the Tenzan (No. 47 covers both the Tenzan and the Kate) from eBay. There's a guy named Zeroman who sells them and ones for many other IJN, IJA and even some American planes, every week.

I own the Maru for Tenzan; it's got several excellent shots and/or drawings of every part of the plane, including b&w shots of all three crew positions and a color drawing of the pit area. Further, this particular one has shots of some Tenzan hulks taken from a museum; although they don't have dials and gauges in place, they do show off the structure quite well.

If you need something in particular...I might post an example for you.

But, for some technical items, like data for FMs and such, you'll need to have the help of someone who reads Kanji: the narrative is in Japanese. However, the many illustrations are of such excellent quality, you'll figure a lot of stuff out on your own, such as degrees of rotation for flight surfaces, numerical measurements (these in roman numbers), etc.

Zneg1
01-05-2005, 10:29 PM
Thanks...I thought this book is out of print but i did look at the ebay thing and made a bid already. too bad it does not have a BUY NOW for this item.

This would help enormously in my project and hopefully it would benefit people down the line http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Stiglr
01-06-2005, 11:42 AM
They are out of print, far as I know, but Zeroman keeps finding stores of 'em.

The value of the books never goes down, though, because it's never out of date: the subjects themselves aren't gonna change. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Ruy Horta
01-06-2005, 11:55 AM
They are still readily available, either in the new mechanics of a/c guise (cheap) or Maru Mech hard covers, but the trick is getting them from Japan. The original 1980-ies Maru Mechs have their advantage, bought a number of them at eBay (in part from Zeroman), but you might as well get the more recent editions - often cheaper.

As for B6N, there is nothing in the Maru that 1C doesn't have already, I know because I scanned it myself.

(Have a number of double issues that I might one day sell, if the price is right).