PDA

View Full Version : attack ships???

argnan
03-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Are there any missions or carrers that i can attack ships with torpedos?(or anything that has to do with ship bombing and not the same and the same airport and AAA attacks) Or another way to do that( quick mission etc...)? (But not by full mission builter)...

argnan
03-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Are there any missions or carrers that i can attack ships with torpedos?(or anything that has to do with ship bombing and not the same and the same airport and AAA attacks) Or another way to do that( quick mission etc...)? (But not by full mission builter)...

chris455
03-06-2005, 12:17 PM
I beleive you can choose the Coral Sea map in QMB and there will be naval TF's you can attack.
The AAA is horrendous, however-

Skycat_2
03-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Why not Full Mission Builder? Once you learn the basics, it's really very easy to place a couple of ships and a flight of planes of your choice and set them up to attack the ships. Nutcase's FMB Tutorial (http://www.jumpintojapan.com/fmb-guide.html) covers some the basics; just be forewarned that his tutorial is based on Forgotten Battles which has a different location on your harddrive than "standalone" Pacific Fighters.

Quick Mission Builder is limited to whatever templates accompany the maps provided. I can't remember off-hand if ship attack is available as an option for the Coral Sea map; I'm sure there are ships on it though. You may have to go searching for your targets. The Online Pacific map has some small capital ships near the island harbors that you can try bombing. As for the intense AAA, you can turn that off in the QMB menu. I think there is also a config.ini line you can change to decrease anti-aircraft fire in the game.

It may be worth your time to look over custom missions made by other players in FMB; here's a link to Netwings (http://www.netwings.org/library/Pacific_Fighters/) to get you started.

plumps_
03-06-2005, 05:03 PM
You'll attack a carrier task force on the Coral Sea map if you select airbase as target.

Also download my QDPFSMP, which also has some ship attack missions. See my signature.