PDA

View Full Version : Very strange and silly (but minor) bug...

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 06:56 PM
I had just flown an offline campaign mission in a P-39N1 and had parked in front of a net. I had been watching the ******ed AI action still underway, using external veiwing.
I decided to pull the trigger and fire the big gun in abject boredom, just the the F of it. I did so repeatedly. About the 6th shot ( I was holding the brakes ) my right wing fell off!!! It fell off just out board of the landing gear. Now I know the recoil of a 37mm was not that bad!!! I am still LMAO..........will see if I can do it again, maybe a one time fluke?? Maybe my computerized wing had taken some damage during the previous mission action and was weak in that spot?? No big deal but it sure was unrealistic as heck. But so is firing your gun when parked at the airbase!! If you did that in RL you'd be in big trouble, hehe.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin - 1755

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 06:56 PM
I had just flown an offline campaign mission in a P-39N1 and had parked in front of a net. I had been watching the ******ed AI action still underway, using external veiwing.
I decided to pull the trigger and fire the big gun in abject boredom, just the the F of it. I did so repeatedly. About the 6th shot ( I was holding the brakes ) my right wing fell off!!! It fell off just out board of the landing gear. Now I know the recoil of a 37mm was not that bad!!! I am still LMAO..........will see if I can do it again, maybe a one time fluke?? Maybe my computerized wing had taken some damage during the previous mission action and was weak in that spot?? No big deal but it sure was unrealistic as heck. But so is firing your gun when parked at the airbase!! If you did that in RL you'd be in big trouble, hehe.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin - 1755

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 11:21 PM
"Maybe my computerized wing had taken some damage during the previous mission action and was weak in that spot??"

Well, if you're going to try to replay that offline track, then good luck to you. There's no way it will work for me right now, all offline tracks are porked. (that's what I call it when you need at least ten tries to get one flawless replay)

Kinda takes the fun out of offline flying altogether. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 12:56 AM
Airborn_ wrote:
- "Maybe my computerized wing had taken some damage
- during the previous mission action and was weak in
- that spot??"
-
- Well, if you're going to try to replay that offline
- track, then good luck to you. There's no way it will
- work for me right now, all offline tracks are
- porked. (that's what I call it when you need at
- least ten tries to get one flawless replay)
-
- Kinda takes the fun out of offline flying
- altogether

I guess everyone's a bit different. I've never used the track thingy myself. Offline is just as fun as online for me. Especially after the patch. The world is more populated and active around you now. Not just your flight and theirs anymore.

Clear skies and tailwinds,
Chuck

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 01:45 AM
That happens with the big cannons when youve done a slide in landing or crashed on the ground, but ive never seen it happen when yur parked fine on the tarmack. Were you shooting into the netting thing? Cause maybe the blast from the impact cought the wing....

All in all a wierd occurance....

Steaks
375th FS

Is it Pets Mart...or Pet Smart????

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 01:59 AM
"I guess everyone's a bit different. I've never used the track thingy myself."

Talon,

Yeah, I suppose so. Good for you I guess, since you probably won't miss it all that much now. But I do. I've always been a major fan of tracks, hey, you might even call me a "Tracky".

Anyway, I'll be trying to make tracks of online missions on my own PC from now on and hopefully they will replay good. The QMB is taboo AFA I'm concerned untill this issue has been properly addressed. Because I need my tracks! My tracking-fix! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif