PDA

View Full Version : More than 5 Desmond sequences?

j-man91
11-20-2011, 06:42 AM
Pretty much the first thing I noticed about this game was that there were supposed to be 5 Desmond sequences, but there was most definitely 7 spots for memories. The last 2 were broken though. I noticed after the end of the game that they are no longer damaged, but they can't be interacted with in any way. I'm guessing it'll be DLC. Has anyone else noticed this?

tjbyrum1
11-20-2011, 06:51 AM
Yes, it is no doubt DLC.

Ubisoft is just making room for their DLC like they did in AC II (the missing sequences).

Ayush_S92
11-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Meh...I don't like such stuff...DLC should ADD ON something more to the game. Not add stuff which was deliberately left out of the game, just to add later.

LightRey
11-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Ayush_S92:
Meh...I don't like such stuff...DLC should ADD ON something more to the game. Not add stuff which was deliberately left out of the game, just to add later.
I doubt it was "left out" as you say. It was more that the game was already prepared for the DLC that is currently being made.

dewgel
11-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ayush_S92:
I doubt it was "left out" as you say. It was more that the game was already prepared for the DLC that is currently being made. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've just contradicted yourself. That's exactly what he was saying he hates, DLC that is planned prior to release.

Developers should NEVER do this. Activision are the worst, they've already told us we have 4 map packs coming out for MW3.

Ubisoft doing it for ACII were the worst. They didn't leave them out as such, they just never actually finished them and had to remove them from the game at the last minute due to time complications

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
11-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Yea it ticks me off too but at least Activison doesn't add anything to story mode, they add it to MP. Ubisoft on the other hand does both which i think isn't cool because they can leave out big things example: Ac2.

itsamea-mario
11-20-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm not sure how their going to justify a DLC though.
I mean the team are just outside their destination, and they have both the knowledge and the tools for the job.
I don't see why they'd put Desmond back in the animus at this point.

CRUDFACE
11-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ayush_S92:
I doubt it was "left out" as you say. It was more that the game was already prepared for the DLC that is currently being made. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've just contradicted yourself. That's exactly what he was saying he hates, DLC that is planned prior to release.

Developers should NEVER do this. Activision are the worst, they've already told us we have 4 map packs coming out for MW3.

Ubisoft doing it for ACII were the worst. They didn't leave them out as such, they just never actually finished them and had to remove them from the game at the last minute due to time complications </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I hated that. they took out two parts of the story which were just skipped due to BS failures, and then we had to pay to get them back? Should have been free.

lukaszep
11-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
I mean the team are just outside their destination, and they have both the knowledge and the tools for the job.

They don't have to justify everything. It's just for fun.
Anyway, <span class="ev_code_WHITE">animus island reconstructs itself after the game so that you can free roam etc. and there's no explanation for that.</span>

LightRey
11-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Ubisoft doing it for ACII were the worst. They didn't leave them out as such, they just never actually finished them and had to remove them from the game at the last minute due to time complications </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, I didn't. I was merely clarifying that these things weren't so much "left out" as the game was simply made ready for them to be integrated. They're likely not done yet and still in the middle of development.

There's generally no such thing as unplanned DLC.

itsamea-mario
11-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by lukaszep:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:

They don't have to justify everything. It's just for fun.
Anyway, <span class="ev_code_WHITE">animus island reconstructs itself after the game so that you can free roam etc. and there's no explanation for that.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes there is.
It's so we can keep playing the game.

LightRey
11-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Isn't animus island just a standard black room interface? It's probably just deleted and then reconstructed periodically to clean up old data.

itsamea-mario
11-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Yes.
But there's no story explanation as to why des' back there.
But there doesn't need to be, but for a DLC there does.

As for the repaired columns, well there's a reason the black room gets deleted and recreated, it breaks, then repairs itself.
I don't really see how there can be more Desmond sequences.

SolidSage
11-20-2011, 03:10 PM
I noticed those 2 spots also.

I'm okay with quality DLC. It's been around for ages though, early Rainbow 6 had it so we may as well get used to it.
Crappy DLC that is obvious profit engineering is regretable. So far AC has been fair, considering how substantial the content is and was even before they added MP.

It sucks more that there are so many speshul editions that make it difficult to obtain ALL content though. And I do want it all, gameplay wise, you can keep the books and jack in the boxes.

I'm excited for Desmond sequences and what about the <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Visit to Acre</span> that was unplayable? Looks like an opening to me.

LightRey
11-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Yes.
But there's no story explanation as to why des' back there.
But there doesn't need to be, but for a DLC there does.

As for the repaired columns, well there's a reason the black room gets deleted and recreated, it breaks, then repairs itself.
I don't really see how there can be more Desmond sequences.
Me neither. I think it's more likely at least one of the gates will be for that S16 sequence that was listed and who knows what the other could be for.

itsamea-mario
11-20-2011, 03:13 PM
I heard of no S16 sequence.
Please explain..

LightRey
11-20-2011, 03:20 PM
I heard of no S16 sequence.
Please explain..
During some of the trailers there were lists of code visible on the screen which showed a list of sequences as file names. One of them had S16 in its name (while the others had S17).

silencer137
11-25-2011, 01:52 AM
We already saw the S16-File - it was him being with Desmond on the Island. The guy was pure data.

Did anyone consider the possibility that it was Subject 16 who escaped the animus and is now in Desmonds body while Desmond is still trapped on the island? That would explain why we are still on animus island after the end of the fame.

raven11d
11-25-2011, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by silencer137:
We already saw the S16-File - it was him being with Desmond on the Island. The guy was pure data.

Did anyone consider the possibility that it was Subject 16 who escaped the animus and is now in Desmonds body while Desmond is still trapped on the island? That would explain why we are still on animus island after the end of the fame.

not a chance in hell. ***SPOILER*** at the end when desmond gets back in his body you just know it's him, when he says he knows what needs to be done. if S16 was in desmonds body now we would have noticed a change in attitude or something

Agentbarto
11-25-2011, 02:17 AM
I dunno, it still seems like I'm getting jipped every time I purchase DLC... I've played enough MMO's to know that there is a slight difference between expansion packs which are typically created based on user suggestions and the type of "DLC" Ubisoft and other console developers are giving us. In a way they do leave stuff out that was previously planned, rather than leave room in the game data that can later be filled with other content they think up later. This is why MP DLC's are easier to create I think. Mainly because all you do is change the level design. In relation to MP characters then you encounter the same problem, there has to be some archetypal data, which relates to a particular MPC, prior to the game's launch; by archetypal data I mean animations and such. Maybe I'm wrong about this part as I'm not a computer major but it stands to reason that you can't get something from nothing if it alters the game in a major way. (Changing the level layout and design wouldn't be major, because the pieces needed to construct a standard building would be present within the released levels.)

Also anyone remember a scene in a pre-release trailer with altair fighting a bunch of templars beneath a castle at night? I believe it may have been the gamescon trailer.

LightRey
11-25-2011, 02:57 AM

That is ridiculous. Not only is that not at all the kind of direction AC would ever take, it's also ridiculous since S16 was deleted along with the island.

Agentbarto
11-25-2011, 02:59 AM
Dude it's like the matrix... you cant deny that the animus functions like jacking into the matrix.

I will however throw a wrench here; because Jupiter greets Desmond as the cipher. This event occurs either during, or after D-Day, meaning Jupiter "knows" it is Desmond who is present and not 16, thus we can conclude that Desmond did in fact escape intact. This doesn't preclude the possibility of 16 leaving fragments of his own consciousness within that of Desmond's.

itsamea-mario
11-25-2011, 03:02 AM
Literally just though of that aswell,
Just watched a bit of the matrix and though that if you could hook a load if them up to a single network, it could work just like the matrix.

Or not.

Agentbarto
11-25-2011, 03:06 AM
The body cannot survive without the mind... Mwuahahaha

Also technically that's what abstergo is doing training its agents. Btw IRL the military is currently working on augmenting reality for training purposes such as these.

LightRey
11-25-2011, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Agentbarto:
Dude it's like the matrix... you cant deny that the animus functions like jacking into the matrix.

I will however throw a wrench here; because Jupiter greets Desmond as the cipher. This event occurs either during, or after D-Day, meaning Jupiter "knows" it is Desmond who is present and not 16, thus we can conclude that Desmond did in fact escape intact. This doesn't preclude the possibility of 16 leaving fragments of his own consciousness within that of Desmond's.
Though the game is like the matrix in the sense that Desmond is in a virtual world that seems almost real, it's very much unlike the matrix in the sense that that isn't the theme of the story.

What you said there is true though, which is again a good enough argument to throw the theory that S16 went in Desmond's stead into the trash bin.

silencer137
11-25-2011, 03:57 AM

That is ridiculous. Not only is that not at all the kind of direction AC would ever take, it's also ridiculous since S16 was deleted along with the island.
is it really? One thing the AC-Series tought me is NOT to expect where they will take it next. I know people who loved AC1 and are totally disgusted because in AC2 suddenly Aliens appeared. Aliens!

Besides, Subject 16 behaved sometimes pretty rude and hostile to Desmond. I took for granted S16 believed Desmond to have wasted his life, so taking his body was not only the one chance to escape the animus but also no great loss, because the original owner never appreciated his life.

LightRey
11-25-2011, 04:19 AM

is it really? One thing the AC-Series tought me is NOT to expect where they will take it next. I know people who loved AC1 and are totally disgusted because in AC2 suddenly Aliens appeared. Aliens!

Besides, Subject 16 behaved sometimes pretty rude and hostile to Desmond. I took for granted S16 believed Desmond to have wasted his life, so taking his body was not only the one chance to escape the animus but also no great loss, because the original owner never appreciated his life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
TWCB are not aliens!!!!
How many times do I have to explain this? DID YOU EVEN PLAY THE GAMES?!

silencer137
11-25-2011, 04:21 AM

Calm down. I know that, but by the times they first appeared in AC2 some die-Hard-Fans of AC1 thought they were from outer space.

LightRey
11-25-2011, 04:31 AM

Calm down. I know that, but by the times they first appeared in AC2 some die-Hard-Fans of AC1 thought they were from outer space. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which was a really [insert negative description here] assumption. They're called Those Who Came Before, which very strongly suggest that, y'know, they came before. There's never been any good reason to assume they're from outer space.

Besides, anyone who paid close attention to AC1 already knew TWCB existed.

silencer137
11-25-2011, 04:56 AM

Without the knowledge from AC2 you could not have connected the dots from this short mention of Vidic concerning "gifts" regarding templar inventions.
Nevertheless, my point is: I love AC because of the surprises and plot twists. A renegade S16 in Desmonds body would definitely be a new element.

LightRey
11-25-2011, 05:03 AM

Without the knowledge from AC2 you could not have connected the dots from this short mention of Vidic concerning "gifts" regarding templar inventions.
Nevertheless, my point is: I love AC because of the surprises and plot twists. A renegade S16 in Desmonds body would definitely be a new element. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, they could. It was quite simple really. He said almost all major technological advances were "gifts" from Those Who Came Before and then at the end of AC1 you have the apple. If you connect those dots you get the following: There were "people" in the past that were able to create artifacts as powerful as the apple, and at least anything as advanced as what humans have today.

That's over half what we know about them now.

silencer137
11-25-2011, 05:30 AM

Consider the context of time: No one expected this brilliance and deepness of story in AC, not at the time AC1 came out. The apple at the end was a "huh?"-Moment. Connecting that with the brief mention and concluding the existing of another race was too much for the average player playing the game just one time. For them, the pieces fell together in AC2. At least if they didn'īt think of aliens :-)

Anyway, thatīs NOT the point.

LightRey
11-25-2011, 05:39 AM

Consider the context of time: No one expected this brilliance and deepness of story in AC, not at the time AC1 came out. The apple at the end was a "huh?"-Moment. Connecting that with the brief mention and concluding the existing of another race was too much for the average player playing the game just one time. For them, the pieces fell together in AC2. At least if they didn'īt think of aliens :-)

Anyway, thatīs NOT the point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Of course, but S16 taking over Desmond's body is neither deep nor unexpected.

silencer137
11-25-2011, 05:44 AM

Of course, but S16 taking over Desmond's body is neither deep nor unexpected.
So you expected S16 to do so?

itsamea-mario
11-25-2011, 06:11 AM
I considered it.

LightRey
11-25-2011, 06:16 AM
I considered it.
Precisely. It wasn't my expectation, but it was something that I considered to be a technical possibility. However, especially seeing the ending it's clearly not the case.

silencer137
11-25-2011, 06:22 AM
However, especially seeing the ending it's clearly not the case.

thatīs the point: regarding the sequences after the credits itīs absolutely clear that desmond is still on animus island. Post-Credit gameplay was always logically explained and embedded in the story and never justified with "so the player has a chance to collect all feathers". Why should this be different in Revelations?

LightRey
11-25-2011, 06:26 AM
However, especially seeing the ending it's clearly not the case.

thatīs the point: regarding the sequences after the credits itīs absolutely clear that desmond is still on animus island. Post-Credit gameplay was always logically explained and embedded in the story and never justified with "so the player has a chance to collect all feathers". Why should this be different in Revelations? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because they want to keep the ending a cliffhanger that's why. Besides, it also clearly shows Animus Island being rebuilt, meaning it really was deleted, meaning that S16 was deleted along with it. Not to mention that S16 probably couldn't even take over Desmond's body. He's just an imprint of himself, not an actual full-fledged human mind. He might've been able to come with Desmond, but not go on his own.

silencer137
11-25-2011, 06:38 AM

Because they want to keep the ending a cliffhanger that's why. Besides, it also clearly shows Animus Island being rebuilt, meaning it really was deleted, meaning that S16 was deleted along with it.

"because they want" was never enough for AC. And for just being an imprint S16 showed much personality. But, with the rebuild youīve got a point. Thanks for the impulse.