PDA

View Full Version : P-47D Picture



Cmte. Carvalho
10-19-2004, 09:22 PM
Hi guys;

Someone with the new sim can tell me if other planes like P-47 and P-51 are able to open their canopies? If possible, post also some pictures of them...

Thanks.

ColoradoBBQ
10-19-2004, 09:33 PM
No, the P-47 and P-51 are land planes and do not open their canopies.

actionhank1786
10-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Planes around before PF can't have their canopies opened as far as i know, i think Oleg said something about how it would require changing the models or something.
But hey
New planes can! a few of em atleast

Cmte. Carvalho
10-19-2004, 09:36 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Snootles
10-19-2004, 09:56 PM
But wait! The A6M2 Model 11 and A6M5 were both around way before anyone knew PF would become a separate product. They both have not only opening canopies now, but also adjustable seats. If those planes get the new features, but the other USAAF fighters don't, it will be a really bad case of modeling inconsistency (as well as a case of screwing over the AAF fighters).

Cmte. Carvalho
10-19-2004, 09:59 PM
If confirmed, i agree!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snootles:
But wait! The A6M2 Model 11 and A6M5 were both around way before anyone knew PF would become a separate product. They both have not only opening canopies now, but also adjustable seats. If those planes get the new features, but the other USAAF fighters don't, it will be a really bad case of modeling inconsistency (as well as a case of screwing over the AAF fighters). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

necrobaron
10-19-2004, 10:10 PM
I really hope 1C or a 3rd party modeller will go back and at least redo FB planes that were in the Pacific (such as the P-51 and P-47) so that they have retractable canopies. Ideally it'd be nice for all planes (where appropriate) to have retactable canopies, but I'm guessing that'd be quite a bit of work.....

Cmte. Carvalho
10-19-2004, 10:46 PM
For sure i would like that too bud... Let's just hope for now...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by necrobaron:
I really hope 1C or a 3rd party modeller will go back and at least redo FB planes that were in the Pacific (such as the P-51 and P-47) so that they have retractable canopies. Ideally it'd be nice for all planes (where appropriate) to have retactable canopies, but I'm guessing that'd be quite a bit of work..... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

chris455
10-19-2004, 10:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ColoradoBBQ:
No, the P-47 and P-51 are land planes and do not open their canopies. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

?????????????????????
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Eagle_361st
10-20-2004, 01:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris455:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ColoradoBBQ:
No, the P-47 and P-51 are land planes and do not open their canopies. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

?????????????????????
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beat me to it.:P