PDA

View Full Version : Trim Control from Cougar ant wheel?

Fish44
05-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Hi all, i set the elevator trim to work from the cougar ant wheel, and it works fine. However it works in reverse to other games, namely Lock-ON, and FS2004. The natural movement is when the wheel us pulled towards me its like the stick is also pulled, so the elevator goes up so does the plane.

In FB, rolling the wheel 'back ie anticlockwise, causes the elevator to drop, and the plane to fall.

Is there a way i can change this in the game, or from a config of file?

Also second question. Im running with an ATI9800xt. Is there a way to get the game to run in >50Hz refresh?

Thanks in advance for any advice

MoPai
05-28-2005, 09:46 AM
certainly.
First reverse the direction in the couger control panel for the Ant axis. Just click the little blue button with a plus sign "+" so it is a "-" minus sign. This will make it work correctly in your other sims. Then reverse the direction for elev trim in PF/FB by going into the HOTAS setup and selecting elev trim and spinning the Ant knob in the opposite direction. e.i. if it said x-axis rotation befor you want it to say -x-axis rotation when you reset it....or vice versa.

bolox00
05-28-2005, 10:04 AM
1) the easy way- move the ant control the oposite way when you assign it in game- should change to/from" - axis"

2) in cougar control panel click on the "+" on ant- changes to "-" p14 of manual http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

refresh rate-if you use the same res as your desktop go display properties/advanced/monitor and set refresh there - check what rates your monitor supports- should work. can't remember omega specifics offhand but i thought there was a "force refresh" feature somewhere in there?

good luck