PDA

View Full Version : Beaufighters in 4.02

Riggsie15
11-27-2005, 07:36 PM
I am a huge fan of Beaufighters exspecialy the ones that served in the RAAF. I am happy that Beaufighters can fly over New Guinea in 4.02. Even though you are flying an RAAF campain it says that you are flying in an US bomb group and your planes have US markings. The Beaufighter was the main RAAF ground attack aircraft in the pacific and being Australian i would like to know if and how i could change it back to an RAAF squadron and markings.

About future Beaufighters, i was reading a book on RAAF aircraft ,this book was quite exstenceive in content on the Beaufighter as there were only 3 other planes in the book, it had a list of all the squadrons that fly the Beaufighter in the RAAF. It also had all the different models that the RAAF flew. A couple of these models had a rear MG for the observer. I just wanted to know if this MG will be added to the Beaufighter, as it is historicaly accuret and would help in crease the defence of the aircraft. Would the player be able to man it himself as well. If it is not being planed here is a sugestion.

Riggsie15
11-27-2005, 07:36 PM
I am a huge fan of Beaufighters exspecialy the ones that served in the RAAF. I am happy that Beaufighters can fly over New Guinea in 4.02. Even though you are flying an RAAF campain it says that you are flying in an US bomb group and your planes have US markings. The Beaufighter was the main RAAF ground attack aircraft in the pacific and being Australian i would like to know if and how i could change it back to an RAAF squadron and markings.

About future Beaufighters, i was reading a book on RAAF aircraft ,this book was quite exstenceive in content on the Beaufighter as there were only 3 other planes in the book, it had a list of all the squadrons that fly the Beaufighter in the RAAF. It also had all the different models that the RAAF flew. A couple of these models had a rear MG for the observer. I just wanted to know if this MG will be added to the Beaufighter, as it is historicaly accuret and would help in crease the defence of the aircraft. Would the player be able to man it himself as well. If it is not being planed here is a sugestion.

VW-IceFire
11-27-2005, 07:43 PM
I know the search is sometimes finicky so I wont bother you about that but this has been discussed in detail.

Unfortunately, due to time and reference problems (I think) they never did the rear observer station. Some just asked for the station to be mannable...others said it'd be nice if the guy back there called out bandits at the very least...and others such as yourself called for the machine gun to be fitted.

Unfortunately none of that is likely to happen.

Its a lovely plan tho...very fun to fly although it does suffer from that nasty bug where some cannon shells will flip you over on your back.

XyZspineZyX
11-27-2005, 08:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Riggsie15:

About future Beaufighters, i was reading a book on RAAF aircraft ,this book was quite exstenceive in content on the Beaufighter as there were only 3 other planes in the book, it had a list of all the squadrons that fly the Beaufighter in the RAAF. It also had all the different models that the RAAF flew. A couple of these models had a rear MG for the observer. I just wanted to know if this MG will be added to the Beaufighter, as it is historicaly accuret and would help in crease the defence of the aircraft. Would the player be able to man it himself as well. If it is not being planed here is a sugestion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Riggsie
If you want to fly the beaufighter in Aussie markings do the following:

When you pick the RAAF Beaufighter campaign, on the same screen you have the squadron selection button, go into the squadron list & choose the next squadron, you should then have RAAF markings instead of US, for some reason the first RAAF squadron comes out US when the campaign is generated.