PDA

View Full Version : Time for a change?

FARLEYFAN
06-21-2007, 02:52 AM
Why is everyone saying that it is time for a change? Only two games online that are similar and it gets to be too much of the same game? Look at other games with almost the exact same MP: Halo, ghost recon, ALL RACING GAMES - Forza, PGR, Burnout...

All have the same gameplay, all are good, don't get old, why the change? Halo's MP is the same for all titles, including halo 3, so I ask you why people aren't saying: Thank god they are changing the gameplay completely, new challenges!

This isn't exactly a Conviction Bash Thread, or C.B.T., it is asking why people want or don't care if it is completlely different from the game before it.

Halo has good MP, even though I don't like it that much nobody wants it to change. CT sure as hell wasn't getting boring, why should it drastically change.

What is your opinion on this matter?

Mine \/\/\/
IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT!

ArrowDynamicsX
06-21-2007, 03:46 AM
My opinion, it isn't being fixed, per se; you still have the others to fall back on. Rather than Spy vs. Merc 3.0, we might be getting something new. You can still play SvM version 1.0 (PT), 1.5 (CT), and 2.0 (DA). It's giving you a multiplayer that's new. Actually, we don't even know if it's all that new, we just know crowds. For all anyone knows, it could be a variation of Spy vs. Merc. Only time will tell.

Knot3D
06-21-2007, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by FARLEYFAN:
Why is everyone saying that it is time for a change?

Those are dogma arguments by people who don't acknowledge that, thanx to next gen power, vintage gameplay can be brought to whole new levels of challenge. Yes, evidently it's beyond their comprehension.

It's like "the abusive husband telling his abused wife he can do whatever he wants because he's paying the bills". It's "Don't like Conviction idea/premise ? ; then STFU"

Black-S
06-21-2007, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Knot3D:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FARLEYFAN:

Those are dogma arguments by people who don't acknowledge that, thanx to next gen power, vintage gameplay can be brought to whole new levels of challenge. Yes, evidently it's beyond their comprehension.

It's like "the abusive husband telling his abused wife he can do whatever he wants because he's paying the bills". It's "Don't like Conviction idea/premise ? ; then STFU" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From all of those that support the new change in gameplay we just want to apologize to Knot3D for our lack of intellectual prowess. Seriously, dont accuse people of being morons and try to do it subtly either just because we have a different opinion.

Some people that are in favor of the gameplay change acknowledge that of course next gen graphics can improve the gameplay of the old stealth mechanics, and create new challenges however according to the storyline in which Conviction is set all the old rules dont apply, something that is obviously beyond your comprehension.

ps. Good analogy for your argument. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif Obviously you havent or ignore to read alot of those post's that are against the new change in gameplay.

MKCC14
06-21-2007, 05:39 AM
If the change looks good, Im all for it. If it didnt, I wouldnt be here and I would have moved on to the other franchise that I enjoy. I dont know if it was time for a change or anything, but it doesnt bother me what they are doing because I played so much of this light/shadow stealth already...it doesnt hurt.

This possible change could even be better.

element54
06-21-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Black-S:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knot3D:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FARLEYFAN:

It's like "the abusive husband telling his abused wife he can do whatever he wants because he's paying the bills". It's "Don't like Conviction idea/premise ? ; then STFU" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From all of those that support the new change in gameplay we just want to apologize to Knot3D for our lack of intellectual prowess. Seriously, dont accuse people of being morons and try to do it subtly either just because we have a different opinion.

Some people that are in favor of the gameplay change acknowledge that of course next gen graphics can improve the gameplay of the old stealth mechanics, and create new challenges however according to the storyline in which Conviction is set all the old rules dont apply, something that is obviously beyond your comprehension.

ps. Good analogy for your argument. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif Obviously you havent or ignore to read alot of those post's that are against the new change in gameplay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your right the rules don't apply to the Sam Fisher Splinter Cell style of gameplay but they do apply to the Jason Borne style. The new Conviction is just another attempt for Ubisoft to leech as much out of Splinter Cell as they can. It is probably easier for them to just make a new game with a new gameplay and slap on the Splinter Cell logo instead of calling it something new. This way they will have all the years of advertisement going into the new release and all the people that liked the orrignal splinter cell play style but don't follow the game as much as us dorks will go out and buy it not knowing what they are getting. Everyone may hate the new game but at least Ubisoft won't have to dump as much money into advertising a new franchise and kill it after the first release.

None of this has to do with the developers creating a shiny new thing that they want to show off in Splinter Cell because they are already doing it with Assasans Creed. It all comes down to the company wanting "more".

Originally posted by MKCC14:
This possible change could even be better.

Your right, the change could be better but from what we have seen it doesn't look like it will be better. And besides that who the heck asked for this change in gameplay mechanics? I have been in this community pretty dang long but i never saw a petition asking what we liked and disliked about the game or how the developers should change or fix things. It usually comes down to us having to organize a petition or a strike saying we want "this" done or we won't buy the game anymore and then Rhoulette might pass on the word.

LoneInTheDark
06-21-2007, 11:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knot3D:

ps. Good analogy for your argument. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif Obviously you havent or ignore to read alot of those post's that are against the new change in gameplay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OFF TOPIC...I attempted to PM Black S, however I am not allowed to PM Black S. All I wanted to ask of him is if he would mind sharing the original vid clip in his sig with me. But since I am not allowed to ask him in a PM it is a moot request.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

SPROGGY
06-21-2007, 11:26 AM

Dont flatter yourself, I doubt very many of your arguments against Conviction are beyond anyones comprehension. It sounds to me like youre just frustrated that everyone doesnt agree with you. Thats fine, but how about just accepting it instead of insulting half the forum. The fact that next gen power could be used to improve ANY last gen game is just common sense. Its not that we refuse to acknowledge it, its just that we dont care.

Why would I want them to improve on something that theyve already gotten right twice? Especially when they can use the new "power" to give me something new and exciting that wasnt possible before. I loved CT as much as the next guy, but I welcome the new change. Im a big fan of realism, and the new direction is a big step towards what really goes on in the world of stealth and espionage.

FARLEYFAN
06-21-2007, 01:33 PM
I'll tell you now that over half of the forum and the world doesn't like the new change. My question is: Why change, there is not point to changing it, it was fun, it was not repetitive, so why? Ubi is smoking doobies.

Chief_Goldblum
06-21-2007, 01:36 PM
I'll tell you now that over half of the forum and the world doesn't like the new change. My question is: Why change, there is not point to changing it, it was fun, it was not repetitive, so why? Ubi is smoking doobies.

No... theyre just french....

FARLEYFAN
06-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Good point, except ubisoft paris made GRAW 2 and did a good job.

osborne10
06-21-2007, 02:08 PM
plus don't call people stupid,or cant comprehend things, over the internet.adding on to BLACK-S

FARLEYFAN
06-21-2007, 02:17 PM
When did I say that? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

SPROGGY
06-21-2007, 03:17 PM
I'll tell you now that over half of the forum and the world doesn't like the new change.

Apparently they dont mind all that much....

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5271091065/m/9...65/showpollresults/Y (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5271091065/m/9061084165/showpollresults/Y)

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5271091065/m/4...65/showpollresults/Y (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5271091065/m/4461014765/showpollresults/Y)

Looks like the majority is in favor. And how could you possibly know how half the world feels about anything?

MKCC14
06-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Haha, the majority of the people dont post though on the forums here. We just see a few doubters keep ranting on about how awful the game is going to be, and it looks like more than half the forum are them.

Knot3D
06-21-2007, 05:20 PM

Don't twist my words. I haven't called anyone stupid moron or something like that.

What i am saying is that many, are just NOT even mentally envisioning what true next gen evolution could have been. And when people like me bring those examples (lotsa times) then you ignore or dismiss them like trash ideas just as hard or even harder than i knock Conviction changes.

osborne10
06-21-2007, 05:57 PM
When did I say that? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif wasn't talking about you

Black-S
06-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by deepego3:

Those are dogma arguments by people who don't acknowledge that, thanx to next gen power,
vintage gameplay can be brought to whole new levels of challenge. Yes, evidently it's beyond their comprehension.

Dont flatter yourself, I doubt very many of your arguments against Conviction are beyond anyones comprehension. It sounds to me like youre just frustrated that everyone doesnt agree with you. Thats fine, but how about just accepting it instead of insulting half the forum. The fact that next gen power could be used to improve ANY last gen game is just common sense. Its not that we refuse to acknowledge it, its just that we dont care.

Why would I want them to improve on something that theyve already gotten right twice? Especially when they can use the new "power" to give me something new and exciting that wasnt possible before. I loved CT as much as the next guy, but I welcome the new change. Im a big fan of realism, and the new direction is a big step towards what really goes on in the world of stealth and espionage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I completely agree with deepego3. The fact that next gen technology could create last gen games and turn them into something awesome is not in question. SC,SC:PT, and SC:CT could all be turned into something awesome with next gen technology and a lot of people would re-buy those games, I know I would. However, Conviction is continuing the storyline of Double Agent and Essentials, and based on that storyline 3E has been corrupt and turned Sam into a fugitive and that is how the story unfolds.

Don't twist my words. I haven't called anyone stupid moron or something like that.

What i am saying is that many, are just NOT even mentally envisioning what true next gen evolution could have been. And when people like me bring those examples (lotsa times) then you ignore or dismiss them like trash ideas just as hard or even harder than i knock Conviction changes.

I am not twisting your words. That is how you sounded in the post and that is how not only myself but others registered what you posted.

Originally posted by LoneInTheDark:

OFF TOPIC...I attempted to PM Black S, however I am not allowed to PM Black S. All I wanted to ask of him is if he would mind sharing the original vid clip in his sig with me. But since I am not allowed to ask him in a PM it is a moot request.... Too Happy

Sorry about that Lone! Of course you can borrow the vid in my sig. However I suggest that you hop on over to the Official Double Agent website and download the pack. Theres like avatars and 4 sigs like mine. Thats where I got mine from. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Knot3D
06-21-2007, 07:50 PM

I am not twisting your words. That is how you sounded in the post and that is how not only myself but others registered what you posted.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh please. If a ghey man tries to explain to me what excites him about seeing ghey sex ; then i won't be able to understand that ; it will be beyond my comprehension ; so, the fact i don't understand his excitement, makes me stupid ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

" Comprehension " is imo, more than just about smart - stupid.

Anyway, my point still stands and i have not, since the unveiling of Conviction, seen a convincing counter argument from any of you guys.

MKCC14
06-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Thats ok, we aren't here to convince you to like the game at all. We could pretty much care less.

SPROGGY
06-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by MKCC14:
Thats ok, we aren't here to convince you to like the game at all. We could pretty much care less.

Bingo!