PDA

View Full Version : which assassin had the better life?

edzilla_551
01-19-2011, 01:54 AM
this a poll between altair and ezio, the question is if you had to choose, which assassin had the more better and intresting life?

i think i have to go with ezio because i believe he had an awesome journey and the main reason is he got to beat up the pope, cmon!

AC-FANBOY
01-19-2011, 01:56 AM
Ezio. He got laid more(Couldn't resist) and enjoyed life before the conspiracy.

/thread

Xanatos2007
01-19-2011, 02:54 AM
We don't know much about Altair's life, but if I had to choose a lifestyle it'd be Altairs; more focused training, more dedication to the cause, more missions and a vast library to read through in my spare time.

YHHTQ
01-19-2011, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by AC-FANBOY:

/thread

You mean 16 or 17 years of life, before his father, brothers, uncle and love of his life got killed...?! Yep, great life indeed.

[/sarcastic]

- - - -

Alta´r no doubt.

Razrback16
01-19-2011, 04:47 AM
Ezio without a doubt.

AssassinVenice
01-19-2011, 05:13 AM
Altair because he had the piece of eden and he could do anything with it but didnt know what to do with it.

tyrce111
01-19-2011, 05:32 AM
more missions and a vast library to read through in my spare time.

You mean 6 missions not including the main assassinations?

Xanatos2007
01-19-2011, 05:57 AM
Keep in mind Altair only had to do the investigations himself after his failure beneath Solomon's Temple, before that the informants would bring him all the information on his targets. And since he's been training as an Assassin since his childhood I'm sure he'd have done a lot more missions than Ezio.

And after saving the Holy Land (and indeed the world), as well as doing many other exciting things, he spent the last years of his life attaining knowledge from the PoE trying to unravel the mysteries of life. What a great way to die.

AnthonyA85
01-19-2011, 10:27 AM
As much as I like Ezio, I'd have to go with Altair on this one.

Like other's have said, Altair's life was less tragic, more focused on training and following the creed (Something ezio only really did 2/3 at any time. I mean, he was never really descreet, was he?), and his enemies were actually driven by nobal goals and beliefs, mis-guided yes, but still nobal (except of course, for Maj'Adin who was just in it for the murder)

And, Altair didn't really loose the love of his life, since he ended up with Maria, and got past Adha, where-as Ezio never got over Cristina.

Xanatos2007
01-19-2011, 10:42 AM
That's not how you spell "noble".

ThaWhistle
01-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Desmond Miles. Why?

running water.

Ass4ssin8me
01-20-2011, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by YHHTQ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AC-FANBOY:

/thread

You mean 16 or 17 years of life, before his father, brothers, uncle and love of his life got killed...?! Yep, great life indeed.

[/sarcastic]

- - - -

Alta´r no doubt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back, then people only really lived until their 30s. So, if Ezio, didn't some how extend his life 20 or more years that, would have been half, his life. Can anyone truly, say all they did for half there, life was muck around, and have fun all the time?

YHHTQ
01-20-2011, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AC-FANBOY:

/thread

[/sarcastic]

- - - -

Back, then people only really lived until their 30s. So, if Ezio, didn't some how extend his life 20 or more years that, would have been half, his life. Can anyone truly, say all they did for half there, life was muck around, and have fun all the time? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean the average person; Surely Alta´r was anything BUT average...

beacuase...
01-20-2011, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by YHHTQ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:

/thread

[/sarcastic]

- - - -

Back, then people only really lived until their 30s. So, if Ezio, didn't some how extend his life 20 or more years that, would have been half, his life. Can anyone truly, say all they did for half there, life was muck around, and have fun all the time? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean the average person; Surely Alta´r was anything BUT average... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't really know who I'd go with on this. We don't know as much about Altair's life as we do with Ezio's, and there's no mention of his parents or siblings. If I had to guess though, I'd say they probably died around the same time as Ezio's did. Maybe not as brutally.

I'd say Altair had the better life, it just wasn't as glamorous. Altair had the relative safety of being a member of the Assassins, and up until the events of the game it sounded like he had a pretty easy time doing it. How else would he have gotten so cocky?

I don't really know all that much about the rest of the canon around Altair though, so, I dunno.

itsamea-mario
01-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:

/thread

[/sarcastic]

- - - -

In the stonage maybe, but by the 15/16th century the avergae person could well live into or even past their 50's, and Ezio, was a fit well nourished nobleman, the only real cause for him to die earlier would be occupational risk, e.g. being stabbed.
We know ezio lived until atleast 47, and probably much longer. Think how long mario lasted, still in fighting shape, before he was unnaturally killed. So 17 years is definately NOT half of Ezio's life.

Also if we're going to be realistic about this, then we can't just consider how they spent their time. Other aspects must be considered.
The Arab doctors where medical geniouses of their time. but nowhere near as good as the late 15th century and miles away from today.
Also sanitation, disease would be rife in crusade Isreal. And there's a bloody plague going on during ezio's life!

But i'd still rather be Altair.

RedSpider
01-20-2011, 02:30 PM
From the point of view of a dedicated Assassin? Altair definately.

slaro
01-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Altair lived before the Black Plague.
Ezio after it so i guess he had the better life.

ThaWhistle
01-20-2011, 03:58 PM
^what he said. The Bubonic plague was in the 14th century(1300s).

For the peasants of both periods, life would have been hard. The average unskilled worker in 1400s Florence would have barely been able to feed a family of 4, let alone pay for housing, clothing and other things. At the same the quality of life for people in Renaissance Florence was significantly better than times before it and even after it.

jzsnyder
01-20-2011, 07:45 PM
definitely Atair. After all, he died with friends...

zealot210
01-21-2011, 07:43 PM
I knew people would vote for Ezio more, but truthfully, Altair was the one who lived more, with going toover 5 different cities completing many quests and talking to hundreds of people. Ezio didnt go many places, Altair did it all.

edzilla_551
01-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Zealot210:
I knew people would vote for Ezio more, but truthfully, Altair was the one who lived more, with going toover 5 different cities completing many quests and talking to hundreds of people. Ezio didnt go many places, Altair did it all.

are u kidding me?
florence
venice
monterigioni
rome
spain
tuscany
forli

oh yeah thats not much travelling http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Ultimate_Night
01-21-2011, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by edzilla_551:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zealot210:
are u kidding me?
florence
venice
monterigioni
rome
spain
tuscany
forli

oh yeah thats not much travelling http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And Masyaf! Plus those places where the Leonardo missions take place!

joaomuas
01-22-2011, 03:53 AM
I really can't decide. I mean, Alta´r was the best assassin that ever existed, Al Mualim's best student. Mualim was like a father to him. His story until the events of the first game must have been awesome: following the creed, completing some awesome missions, things like that. His story in AC1 was well-written and a true conspiracy story. Loved the opening: failure at Solomon's Temple, defend Masyaf, and being stabbed. It was awesome to get the information for the targets, plan the assassination, and then killing them with style. There were awesome moments like the fight with Maria and the fight with Robert De Sable. And the end was awesome! The characters were really cool and the story, as I said, epic. Wasn't it for the gameplay this game could be even better than AC2 if it had all those mechanics and gadgets. I really love the crusades setting, specially the city of Acre (dark and brutal). I really loved Alta´r as a character. I would really like Ubisoft to do a re-edition of the first one, with awesome gameplay, or making another game with Alta´r.
As for Ezio, same thing: Ezio was a really cool character, driven by vengeance in an epic plot full of interesting characters, well-written and totally awesome. The setting is awesome and the cities look great! Loved the conspiracy story, a fiction plot with lots of things to do with reality, from happenings to ancient stories, to everything (but it was also like this in AC1). Epic opening, epic moments, epic ending, etc. Really love Ezio as a character.
I came down to the end of this post comparing all the AC games, and I think it goes like this:

AC1 < AC2 < ACB in gameplay
AC1 = AC2 = ACB in story
AC1 < AC2 < ACB in graphics
AC1 < AC2 = ACB in sound
Alta´r = Ezio

If AC1 could have a re-edition using the technical features of the other games it would be way better. In the story side, the conspirators from AC1 are as awesome as AC2's and ACB's, as well as the plot and the setting.
I've seen Alta´r, I've seen Ezio, and I've seen more Ezio. Now, I want to see more of Alta´r, but not in the main franchise plot. I really like Ezio and the Renaissance setting, with his evolution to Master Assassin and ending the Borgias: truly epic! But Alta´r was more of the badass best assassin, totally stealthy with an awesome outfit in brutal crusades time. Don't get me wrong: Ezio is also a badass assassin, really stealthy and had awesome outfits too, and I love the Renaissance. But I've seen you twice, and I want to see again more of 12th Century brutal assassinations!
I just can't decide between the two. There are days I prefer Ezio, others I prefer Alta´r; there are days I prefer one setting, other days the other; same with the plot. It's just... different! I've seen Ezio in his best of the best, and I want to see more Alta´r, but right now, I'm not worried about these two, I'm worried about AC3!

Pitalla
01-22-2011, 01:59 PM
well altair got to have the woman he loved and rock n rolled the world. I think it was pretty awesome to live in the world of the crusades and stuff.... but The renascence is nicer.

RebeccaLH
01-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Ezio's life was to tragic with the death of his father and brothers so thats not realy the 'best life' i dont think.
Also altair was raised as an assassin.

SaltShakerz93
01-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Altair!!!! Definitely!! He saw war. He had awsome training and he was the leader of the assassin's at their height. Plus he had wife and kids http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

itsamea-mario
01-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Yeah cos being in a war means you had good life.

Turkiye96
01-23-2011, 11:09 AM
ok guys... mabye some of u dont know this but the assassin's creed franchise has like 6 other games on different platforms with like 3 or 4 of them being about altairs life... i sugest u play them before voting...

altair was a major figure who brought down the templars of the crusades... killing the biggest names of the war. plus the nice and bitter story of his lovers