PDA

View Full Version : Outrun and out-turned

Maxdogit
05-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Seems like others who have joined my Dogfights and Missions in F/B always run faster,and turn a whole lot sharper and quicker than me,even when flying the same plane. I have added the IL2 Joycontrol and played with many different settings. I am new to IL2-F/B and do not know all of the tricks,but do know that something is going on when "Cheating has been detected" pops up on my screen when in some of these battles and coops,can anyone elaborate on this? thnx!! Maxdogit

TinyTim
05-09-2008, 12:21 AM
Hello maxdogit, wellcome to the forum!

"Cheating has been detected!" is just a generic message, displayed every time server detects any kind of interupted data flow between host and a player. In most if not all cases there is no cheating of any kind, simply ping goes up and some of the players experience a bit of lag. Mysteries of internet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. I've been playing this sim online for several years now and I have never seen cheating (code related) of any kind - but yes, some pals out there really know how to fly and how to squeeze every last bit of performance from their planes.

Sharper turning and faster running guys - are you refering to AI or live players? Keep in mind that AI cheats quite a bit - it does not experience blackout, engine overheat and similar.

If you are refering to online play - you will learn all these things with time, so don't feel frustrated about it. Complex engine management and usage of flaps during turning are just two tricks to improve speed and turning.

It's amazing to see a constant influx of new people to the sim that started its life 8 years ago! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

na85
05-09-2008, 12:52 AM
TT speaks truth. "Cheating Detected" is just the server telling you that there's been a lag spike. 99.999999% of the time you can ignore it.

M_Gunz
05-09-2008, 01:36 AM
The server sets the limit, a tight server isn't going to allow as much lag as a loose one.
Lag-warp planes just ruin immersion, as bad as anything the AI does.

SeaFireLIV
05-09-2008, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Maxdogit:
Seems like others who have joined my Dogfights and Missions in F/B always run faster,and turn a whole lot sharper and quicker than me,even when flying the same plane. I have added the IL2 Joycontrol and played with many different settings. I am new to IL2-F/B and do not know all of the tricks,but do know that something is going on when "Cheating has been detected" pops up on my screen when in some of these battles and coops,can anyone elaborate on this? thnx!! Maxdogit

It`s easy to outturn and outrun rookies who don`t know their planes, even in identical aircraft. I`ve outturned spitfires Vb in a Spitfire Vb and the guy will post up and say, "How did you outturn me in the same plane?" It`s not enough to know to turn, you need to know how to turn effectively.

The lag warning has nothing to do with, usually just a bad server connection or lag. You just need to know your aircraft better.

Pirschjaeger
05-09-2008, 03:31 AM
Hi Max,

welcome to the community. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I used to live in China. Their net is a little behind technologically so every time I played online my lag was high. I often got auto-kicked from servers. I was also often accused of cheating because of this.

But one time in particular comes to mind. I was on a dfight server. I was flying the Fw190A4 against a P40. The other pilot was angry because I could always out turn him and of course shoot him down. He accused me of cheating because the "190 cannot out turn the P40". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

He was right when talking about the potential of each plane, but he forgot to take into account, the pilot. He was new. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Once you get some practice, you'll find your plane turns like the others, and can keep up with them.

Something that really helps is to get you enemy to send you track of you time on the server. You really get a different perspective seeing your six from his cockpit. This will show you what you are doing wrong.

Fritz

rnzoli
05-09-2008, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by Maxdogit:
Seems like others who have joined my Dogfights and Missions in F/B always run faster,and turn a whole lot sharper and quicker than me,even when flying the same plane.

Seems like I have the same problem for the entire 3 years I have been playing this game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

What is interesting that you refer to FB - exactly which version number do you see in your start up screen (lower left corner)?

Also, don't take 100% fuel to close-up and personal dogfights, because it will make your plane too heavy, will turn slower, will accelerate slower etc. 25% is enough for missions without a specific objective.

Bearcat99
05-09-2008, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maxdogit:

It`s easy to outturn and outrun rookies who don`t know their planes, even in identical aircraft. I`ve outturned spitfires Vb in a Spitfire Vb and the guy will post up and say, "How did you outturn me in the same plane?" It`s not enough to know to turn, you need to know how to turn effectively.

The lag warning has nothing to do with, usually just a bad server connection or lag. You just need to know your aircraft better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

There is so much more to virtual flying in this sim than just pulling the stick... Judicious use of speed, Energy, trim, pitch and rudder are also very important.. and only practice will improve your technique. There is no magic formula.

TinyTim
05-09-2008, 06:32 AM
If I would have to give you a single advice on how to improve your flying skills, "get online, get on comms and do not hesitate to ask" would be the one.

TgD Thunderbolt56
05-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by TinyTim:
"get online, get on comms and do not hesitate to ask"

Truly the best advice anyone could give. The only thing I'd add to that would be to practice, practice, practice...but only AFTER you do as TinyTim has advised.

TB

Wildnoob
05-09-2008, 10:07 AM
I already get my life saved many times, just by knowing how to use the advantages of the aircraft I are flying have.

Pirschjaeger, I use the FW-190 too. in your case, I would just full open their trottle and easly outrun the P-40. it's a great advantage against early and mid war aircraft, but not very know among pilot's by wat I've noted. I would outrun him, and only come back if I have advantage in heigth and speed. many people usually think only the ME-262 against piston planes can do this. but, the worst cases are the LW pilot's giving chances, yes, giving chances, to aircraft like the I-16 and the I-53. many where even shoot down by these aircraft trying to maneuver with then. when they can stay above 450 km/h and dive on then, shoot and zoom again to a safe altitude. it's very effective and much more safe.

dude, depends on the aircraft you are flying, you can have great advantages, and must explore then.

again in the FW-190 example, with this aircraft you can outrun most early and mid war enemy aircraft. if you you not manage to spot the enemy from a superior altitude and don't have iniciative in combat, just put 110 % of power and give bye to then. they will try to pursuit you, but, you will outrun then very quick. it's normal I look back and see a enemy aircraft dive on me, when I see this, I just dive, put the trottle on maximum and outrun then.

with the P-51 against 109's I do all the times, as I can't turn with then, I just make a evasise action. it's very effective, mainly on deck.

but of course, it's just a example. in aircraft like the KI-43, you may explore it's excellente maneuverbility to try bring the enemy on a turningfigth, where you have advantage amont most comtemporany allied aircraft.

the tip about the speed is very effective if you use it, especially if you have a wingman.

Jaws2002
05-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Hello Max. The beauty of this game is that the planes you get to fly are only half the weapon. the other half is the pilot.
i remember flying Aces high and in there a rookie with three hours playing the game will get the same maximum speed out of his aircraft as the experienced players. In turn was a slightly bit different but again very small part of the man/machime was left to the man.

Here is very different. You won't be able to use the plane to it's potential untill you have some solid stick time.
So all i can say is just keep at it. Keep flying against humans and when you have time practice few basic things offline in QMB. Things like riding the stall in your plane. Once you are confident flying very close to the stall you'll realize you already turn much better then you used to. Also do speed test runs. Keep your plane trimmed and keep practicing.
Any time you have some doubts come here and ask.